Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As I said above, could be outdated, but figured I'd share it just as a heads up just in case

Also, every vehicles different as well, and glad yours is good, knock on wood
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

True true, also forgot your vehicle list.

Remember the old '13 Escape we had, fun vehicle, and drove it hard as well, shame we didn't keep it.

Savage Geese wasn't a fan of them at all, and to be fair, it was just a warmed over model the rest of the world had gotten, though they should of put a little more into it.

That said, does its job and '22 will be here soon enough

chicknwithabeer

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubicon unlimited 2015 Ford f150 3.5 E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Note that the focus RS (2016-2018 US models) used the 2.3T in a transverse application with AWD and was rated at 350/350. It's a lighter, smaller vehicle than a mustang, but not by much. With drivetrain and bottom end upgrades, quite a few folks make over 400whp with them. I considered an RS, but they were too short lived in the USA. They also have lots of problems like most german cars.
Ford Bronco Just a heads up on the 2.3t 10461

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Everything
Is
For
Emissions (and crash safety)

Always and forever. Every single thing that you see on a modern, factory, US-legal car that seems a little odd or you're like "why did they do that?"

It's for passing emissions and meeting crash safety.

EVERYTHING.

Sorry for the rant, just want to make sure this clear when we get in to discussions of factory motors.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Everything
Is
For

Always and forever. Every single thing that you see on a modern, factory, US-legal car that seems a little odd or you're like "why did they do that?"

EVERYTHING.

Sorry for the rant, just want to make sure this clear when we get in to discussions of factory motors.
also the reason why every car looks the same now. Aerodynamic and safety.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why I'm glad there's used cars

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Everything
Is
For

EVERYTHING.

My 3.8L JK burns a quart every thousand miles or so for higher running temps (if you run 5W20 dino-oil) - for emissions. The same 3.8 mini-van engines at 185 and 5W30 did not.

That said, what is the alternative - free for all and air quality like Chinese cities or Mexico City, etc?

And until we keep the lowest common denominator from driving (like 50% of the driving population) - mindless safety is a huge need.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My 3.8L JK burns a quart every thousand miles or so for higher running temps (if you run 5W20 dino-oil) - for emissions. The same 3.8 mini-van engines at 185 and 5W30 did not.

That said, what is the alternative - free for all and air quality like Chinese cities or Mexico City, etc?

And until we keep the lowest common denominator from driving (like 50% of the driving population) - mindless safety is a huge need.
I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I'm just saying that the answer to the question, "Why on earth did they design and tune the engine like this?" is almost always "to meet emissions regulations."

Whether or not they did a good job designing the engine is an entirely different matter.