Sponsored

Just another 2 door half seat delete with flat floor.

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just throwing this out there for people looking to do it differently or give them ideas.

I still have access to the rear floor storage just by lifting the rear board up. I only made holes for 3 tie downs but now after finishing it I should have just done the last one too. I was too afraid it was going to get in the way of other things, but soon realized I can just fold it flat under the panel.... Whoops! easy fix down the line if I find I need to use it. The stock tie downs help keep the board down, but could use a strap or bungee to keep it in place in case of an accident. Nice thing now, I coulduse 2 locks on both sides if I have the top off. Will make it tough to remove without some work.

The front half is bolted down using the existing seat and seat belt holes (bought some new longer bolts) and then added two tie downs up front as well. I didn’t go up as far to the front seat because I still want to stuff bags and what not behind the seat.

Important notes/takeaways.
1. The sides of the bronco will scratch easily shaping the board and what not.
2. I tucked the seat belt receptacle under the existing seat and ran the wire under the MGV to plug it back in
3. Took the main seat belt and tucked and bolted it behind the panel so it is no longer floating or flapping in the wind.
4. You'll want to level it with some wood underneath. I used 3 pieces 2 different thicknesses.
5. Leave indentations near the tailgate so you can flip the board up and have it lay flatter
6. Finally an awesome trick to save yourself time with measuring holes. To mark the bolt holes, you can back the seat bolts up and lay your board that you cut to shape so that it touches the top seat studs and the bolts where you want to drill. Take a mallet and whack the top of the board. Should be enough force for the bolts to leave an indentation for where you need to drill holes for the bolt.

Cheers to DIY!

Chomp

Ford Bronco Just another 2 door half seat delete with flat floor. 1657596294692

Ford Bronco Just another 2 door half seat delete with flat floor. 1657596316570
Sponsored

OP
OP
ChompSticks

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks good. I’ve been contemplating the same thing as nobody would fit behind my seat anyway.
Yup same, I left the other seat for the puppers since he finds it more comfortable.
You should do it though! It’s a fun little project

C6C2248A-A8E9-442F-B189-9AC7D8BC8291.jpeg

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like that. I just know as soon as I delete a seat, somehow I will need it, lol.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yup same, I left the other seat for the puppers since he finds it more comfortable.
You should do it though! It’s a fun little project

Ford Bronco Just another 2 door half seat delete with flat floor. C6C2248A-A8E9-442F-B189-9AC7D8BC8291
Next mod for you should be rear window sliders for the pup. He prefers his throne, but imagine the smile he would have if he had his own open window.

Here is a thought seed. Acquire the 4-dr window control panel on the center console. Wire up the two rear window controls for the 4-dr to that of the slider modified windows on the MIC top. Boom - power rear slider windows.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ChompSticks

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I like that. I just know as soon as I delete a seat, somehow I will need it, lol.
I feel ya! I have 4 other cars, one being a 7 seat wagon and another a 6 seat town car. So I am okay with 1 seat less in the bronco! haha

Next mod for you should be rear window sliders for the pup. He prefers his throne, but imagine the smile he would have if he had his own open window.

Here is a thought seed. Acquire the 4-dr window control panel on the center console. Wire up the two rear window controls for the 4-dr to that of the slider modified windows on the MIC top. Boom - power rear slider windows.
Ugh I would love to have the rear windows slide open. Just have no idea where to start from there.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ugh I would love to have the rear windows slide open. Just have no idea where to start from there.
Attend an RV/Camper expo and start chatting about slider windows with those that do modifications. The wiring to operate the window is just another step. I've had power sliders on my want list since launch. Just a matter of planting the seeds to see another grow the idea.

Hunter05

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Any dimensions or template on the delete? Doing the same one seat delete. On my 2 door.
Sponsored