Sponsored

Just as a bit of advice to everyone on here, don't bankrupt yourself trying to get a Bronco

Freezing0K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Honda CRV (I just like Broncos Ok?)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
75% of Americans are living paycheck to paycheck.

I'm not expecting everyone on here to buy a 40k rig with cash but you should make sure that:

-You don't finance over 6 years
-You but at least SOME money down
-The vehicle's payment doesn't take up too much of your monthly income

If you have to seriously hurt your finances in order to basically buy a toy then you're not adulting right.
Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a different perspective....Finance as long as you want and put as little down as possible ....if the finance rate is low, like sub 3%. The price of the actual vehicle and the APR is what’s important. The payments will just reflect that. As a guideline, if financing , like the monthly payment to be about 10% of total net take home. I agree the Bronco is a toy and totally unnecessary though. But who wants to drive a base Corolla? Lol

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I paid off our 18 Explorer early, hope to put at least $15k down and it’s till probably $475 a month for 60 months. Hopefully I have more to put down and I almost always pay off early, but I get the longest term I can at the lowest rate, to preserve cash flow when times might be tight. I agree people often finance too much, too long and don’t pay as fast as a vehicle deprciated

Last edited:

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base

I'm not expecting everyone on here to buy a 40k rig with cash but you should make sure that:

If you have to seriously hurt your finances in order to basically buy a toy then you're not adulting right.
Is the Bronco really a Toy?? Man and here i was thinking it is going to be one of the most responsible vehicles I've ever bought. Especially living in the Northeast. I could just go buy a Challenger Hellcat now that's a Toy with not much practicality. But 717 Horsepower, that infectious supercharger whine, looks that kill, and a pretty large interior is tempting Especially with $7k off right now and 0% financing. I had a 2015 Challenger Scat Pack and i miss it. The Angel on my shoulder says get the Bronco but the Devil says get the Hellcat. Hopefully I don't crack during the year long wait....???

Last edited:

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks dad. :cool:

Sponsored

bobbleheadguru

Base
First Name
Farris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Bronco depreciation is the X-factor. I bought my 2016 Mustang Convertible for about $23.5K, 1 year old with only 6K miles on it. 3.5 years later, Carvana is offering $16K for it (its now up to 43K miles). I could probably get it up to $17.5K if I sold it myself.

Being able to drive a car that only depreciated $6000-7500 in that length of time is awesome financially. Key for me was avoiding that first year, in which the vehicle dropped in value by $9K.

I am not doing that with the Bronco, as I am getting it new. However, I am getting the base model manual to offset that. That under $30K price point is relative low. Also Jeep Wranglers hold their value better that almost any other make/model. Factoring that in. I expect to be able to buy the Base Bronco Manual at $30K, then drive it for 5 years and sell it at $20K+ if I want.

Last edited:

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For those to whom the Bronco is merely a Toy, perhaps a third car or a weekend joy ride, the $40-60k price is easily managed and not a financial burden.

For those to whom the Bronco is a do it all daily and a fun off-roading toy, perhaps their only vehicle, the joy it can bring to the daily grind can make the cost well worth it especially if they are going to need at least one vehicle anyway.

Furthermore, the Bronco can be a blast and very capable even if optioned such that it is no more than 35k.... not a bad way to buy a practical and fun toy at all, I think.??

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I agree that it is not wise to overspend- but then again there is a Bronco for all price points unless you are getting something really cheap. I have had Mercedes, BMW’s, Toyota’s , Volkswagens, and even Chevys in the past. My favorite of all time- my f150 I am currently driving. So buy a bronco within your means , enjoy it - and keep it forever .

Sponsored

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Money is cheap right now... spend with someone else’s money

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I still owe payments on my truck but I am planning to get it down to at least the Kelly Blue Book Value by the time comes to trade it in for the new Bronco so I am not underwater. My credit score right now is around 730 so that’s not an issue. I’m also planning to put down at least $5,000. If everything works out I should be making less monthly payments on the Bronco than I am currently on my truck.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It’s America and most people live on the edge and don’t think it through until it is too late. The Jeep driver who found himself on the top of the mountain on the edge of losing his life and his Jeep is an example.

?

Tre

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Impala, Buick Enclave, '77 Suzuki GS750
Your Bronco Model
Base
For those to whom the Bronco is merely a Toy, perhaps a third car or a weekend joy ride, the $40-60k price is easily managed and not a financial burden.

For those to whom the Bronco is a do it all daily and a fun off-roading toy, perhaps their only vehicle, the joy it can bring to the daily grind can make the cost well worth it especially if they are going to need at least one vehicle anyway.

Furthermore, the Bronco can be a blast and very capable even if optioned such that it is no more than 35k.... not a bad way to buy a practical and fun toy at all, I think.??
Agreed!

If you're buying it as a toy, don't kill yourself.

If you're going to buy it and drive it for 10 years, that might change the calculus for some people.

I'm going manual basesquatch (or do you prefer base mansquatch) and I plan to drive it until it blows up, fix it, and drive it some more. My wife's car just hit 100k, so we've got another 70k to get out of hers, so when we game out vehicle replacement over the next decade buying a mid 30k vehicle doesn't seem outrageous based on my expectation for it.
Sponsored