Sponsored

Just as a bit of advice to everyone on here, don't bankrupt yourself trying to get a Bronco

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's important to point out that he's speaking to those who are the "75% of Americans living paycheck to paycheck" and his advice is wise.
Sponsored

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't owe anything on my current vehicle so that will hopefully get me 12-14k plus I'll be saving the monthly cost+bonuses on a down payment. So I should be at 50% of it already paid off. I generally have ran my vehicles into the ground. My last SUV went out after 12years so hoping that's where we land with the Bronco

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a different perspective....Finance as long as you want and put as little down as possible ....if the finance rate is low, like sub 3%. The price of the actual vehicle and the APR is what’s important. The payments will just reflect that. As a guideline, if financing , like the monthly payment to be about 10% of total net take home. I agree the Bronco is a toy and totally unnecessary though. But who wants to drive a base Corolla? Lol
I disagree. There is a limit on how long you want to finance a vehicle because they depreciate tremendously and do not last very long. You do not want to be making payments and footing repair bills.

This is an excellent thread. I've gotten the vibes that many on this forum are buying too much vehicle.

One person said they would refinance their house. Others keep mentioning how the delays are giving them more time to save money.

If you are having to save money to buy a vehicle, I think that's a red flag. This is a toy, it's more vehicle than anyone practically needs.

Sponsored

KCSO71

Big Bend
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This will be my post divorce, mid life crisis car. And I'm 100% okay with that

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a different perspective....Finance as long as you want and put as little down as possible ....if the finance rate is low, like sub 3%. The price of the actual vehicle and the APR is what’s important. The payments will just reflect that. As a guideline, if financing , like the monthly payment to be about 10% of total net take home. I agree the Bronco is a toy and totally unnecessary though. But who wants to drive a base Corolla? Lol
This will likely be my last vehicle, so I'll finance as long as possible, put down as little as possible to keep the payment within reason and enjoy while I can.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I buy a new vehicle every 9-10 years. I hate a car payment. I don't mind spending money, but just on the things I like. I don't care anything about creature comforts in a vehicle, so I usually buy a base model of the vehicle I want. Then spend money upgrading the components I care most about.

First rule in our house, be able to pay the bills. Second rule is retirement is fully funded. Beyond that, I don't really care. I make money to spend and I spend plenty on the things I like. If I didn't have expensive hobbies I could have a couple million in the bank. I'd have money but wouldn't be happy. I'll take happy.

You got to find your own happy. Like is too short and too hard not to.

Bladerunner24

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 expedition, 67 camaro rs, 89 bmw 535i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm going to hold out till I see a used one pop up. Maybe in 2023?

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’m putting half down, so only $30,000 :p

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you are having to save money to buy a vehicle, I think that's a red flag. This is a toy, it's more vehicle than anyone practically needs.
Some may be saving money so they don't have to tap into something else, not because they lack resources.

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
10% of net?? I wish.... Lol
I do okay for myself (bachelor, single income) but 10% of my net a month would be $375. Lol.
If I finance for 7 years, that would be about my bi-weekly payment.
In Canada, a Badlands with some option and tax is about $67,000
Sounds like you need to join us, the Basesquatch hoodlums.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Credit Cards are a great thing used properly I put every bill I can on a Credit Card but pay it off every month. I have 4 credit cards. All gain points for different things, Flyer miles, Hotels stay, money back, one we don't use at all but its in just the wife name from 20+ years ago. We will use one build up point then the next then the next. Then we will take a free vacation. Yes, we pay them off every month. Just working the system.
Shhhh. Don't tell everyone. People that don't use them right keep this gravy train moving.

I used to put all my work flights (at least 4 per month) on my own CC. My boss couldn't understand why even though they reimbursed me. Thought I would end up with too much debt.

I flew for free for years with those points.

In my younger days I would have read OPs advice and ignored it. It took me a few years to figure it all out but instead of abusing my own financial system I found that I could make the system work for me. Glad I figured it out early so I can buy this silly truck.

BHShaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have a different perspective....Finance as long as you want and put as little down as possible ....if the finance rate is low, like sub 3%.
If you do that you better plan on 1: owning it forever and 2: that your first year build is not a lemon.
Sponsored