Sponsored

Just as a bit of advice to everyone on here, don't bankrupt yourself trying to get a Bronco

BHShaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’m making the assumption we are all adults here. Do what you think is best for your particular financial situation.
There are no Adulting or Parenting Certifications. Plenty of "Adults" do stupid things.
A see the OPs post as a reminder, not gospel.
Sponsored

BHShaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I bought Zoom a few months back....
That is smart, because ZOOM is a joke. Horrible security and poor functionality.
But, it is a catchy name, and it did cater to the barely turn on a computer crowd.
Google missed on it too. Because it never should have succeeded.

BHShaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Does income matter I would think all this would be different if a person make $50k vs 100k vs 200k vs 500k
Income does not matter. I have mountain biked off and on my whole life.
When I made 30k a year, I bought a rigid (no suspension) in a certain price range.
When I made 50k/year, I bought one with a front suspension (it cost more, so same %),
When I made 80k, I bought one with a full suspension (it cost more, so same %)
I now make over 100k and I am closing in on 50. I want an C1 eMTB. It cost $8500.

You earn more, you buy more. UNTIL, you are so rich all you do is invest and use the interest and trust disbursements to buy your toys.

AmN351A

Badlands
First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I plan on leasing till the v8 drops, then going all in..

Sponsored

Chunk6649

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I would love a new Bronco. Yet, I'll be driving my 2011 Silverado for 6 more years. That will be 13 years I would have driven my truck. In 6 years I'll look in to buying some one's two year old mall crawler. In 6 years there will be some nice broncos that have only seen the muddy parking lot when going apple picking.

Last edited:

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am never upside down on any vehicle I purchase. I never finance over 60 months. I usually pay off early. The Bronco will be my daily when not on motorcycles. Will go off road too. My toy is my Grand Sport. Wife’s Range Rover is free and clear. 13 more payments on Grand Sport. 17 F-150 platinum is free and clear trade for Bronco.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My first "real" car was a 2yr old used Mitsubishi Montero. I put another 11 years on it. My Jeep Command has almost 15. I paid it off immediately and the Bronco will paid for with a check. I know many people who always have new cars and zero net worth. There is a different way to live.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

75% of Americans are living paycheck to paycheck.

I'm not expecting everyone on here to buy a 40k rig with cash but you should make sure that:

-You don't finance over 6 years
-You but at least SOME money down
-The vehicle's payment doesn't take up too much of your monthly income

If you have to seriously hurt your finances in order to basically buy a toy then you're not adulting right.
Are you a Newfie or an American? Just curious.

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

I'm not expecting everyone on here to buy a 40k rig with cash but you should make sure that:

If you have to seriously hurt your finances in order to basically buy a toy then you're not adulting right.
Thanks dad

Sponsored

pfd799

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage :(, Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a different perspective....Finance as long as you want and put as little down as possible ....if the finance rate is low, like sub 3%. The price of the actual vehicle and the APR is what’s important. The payments will just reflect that. As a guideline, if financing , like the monthly payment to be about 10% of total net take home. I agree the Bronco is a toy and totally unnecessary though. But who wants to drive a base Corolla? Lol
This is the way. If you have good credit paying cash, financing short term, or making extra payments with interest rates as low as they currently are is a complete waste of your money. Put down 20% so you won’t be upside down on it, finance 5-6 years at 2-3% (or better), and invest the extra. If you don’t have good credit then OPs advice of not buying 40k+ vehicles is very much valid 😂

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well I live paycheck to paycheck and at 37 have never financed anything more than 3500 for a old rust cj7. After expenses we split between me and my wife I have about 1500 left a month. When the time is right we plan to get one around 40-45k max. and put down enough of a downpayment to get the 72 month payments down near 600. Is it right I dont know, but I do think it will hold its value out here in hawaii, but I dont plan on selling it. I just want a fun offroader that can handle our daily duties.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Adulting....? Who wants to do that?
In the Great White North, a 2 door Squatched Badlands is $65k....
Add $8500 tax and 4.49% financing and well.... $92k+?
🤷🏻

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

cheap money and high inflation actually means its a good time to go into debt for a hard asset. A vehicle doesn't usually qualify as a hard asset like a home, but right now with runaway inflation and industry issues keeping values steady to increasing, then I'd say its a good time to finance a Bronco, provided it is a small percentage of your income. Your home, gold/silver and possibly crypto are better places to put your dollars, but a Bronco is probably a good place as well for at least a couple of years.

IXxMcCoyxXl

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

good advice something you won’t hear from a salesman ever