First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So we put a lot of thought into how to explore more areas and avoid hotels. We considered roof top tents, regular tents, an off-road trailer, a motorhome to pull the Bronco, etc. We decided that we wanted something small enough to tow behind our current Wrangler and future Bronco that could be used as a basecamp of sorts. We will more often than not setup camp in a state or national park for a while and explore from there.

The downside is it can't follow us on trips that go over trails that are much rougher than a forest service road. Not gonna take it on some of the trips we were thinking of like the continental divide or even the Mojave road. We figured we could always pick up a tent of some sort or an off-road trailer for trips like that.

Our trip in a rented Airstream Basecamp convinced us that we want a separate eating area and a permanent bed. And a decent bathroom with holding tanks. If we are going to stay in it for weeks at a time on a trip we want to have some luxuries.

The Tab 400 Boondock fits the bill. It has everything we want in a compact 18' package. It will be right up close to the tow limits on the Bronco but we think it will be perfectly safe. We will have anti-sway bars and a weight distribution hitch.

Trailer should be here in a few weeks. Now we just need the Bronco!

https://nucamprv.com/tab400-camper/

Ford Bronco Just bought a camper! Tab 400 Boondock Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 8.10.09 PM
Sponsored

paxfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 fx4 eco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice camper, but that'll be a tough row to hoe for the Bronco.

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice!!! I stumbled upon the Tab 400 Boondock online a few weeks ago. They seem to be a really good fit for the Bronco. I'm so tempted!

OP
OP
High Proof

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice camper, but that'll be a tough row to hoe for the Bronco.
No worries. I've towed the same weight with my Wrangler. This will stay within the tow limits when packed carefully. Anti sway hitch. Weight distribution if the Bronco can handle it.

The Wrangler made it over Millionaire's Highway with 3500 lbs behind it. With 3.21 gears and a five speed auto. The Bronco with ten gears and more power should be fine.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Congrats, lots of adventure awaits in that beauty

Sponsored
OP
OP
High Proof

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice!!! I stumbled upon the Tab 400 Boondock online a few weeks ago. They seem to be a really good fit for the Bronco. I'm so tempted!
We'll report back on how it tows behind our Wrangler. Definitely at the limits but it should be fine. Just have to take your time and slow it down a bit.

If you do look at them make sure you're looking at the 2021 models. They reduced the hitch weight considerably in 2021 by moving the axle forward 3 inches.

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We'll report back on how it tows behind our Wrangler. Definitely at the limits but it should be fine. Just have to take your time and slow it down a bit.

If you do look at them make sure you're looking at the 2021 models. They reduced the hitch weight considerably in 2021 by moving the axle forward 3 inches.
Will do, thanks!

OP
OP
High Proof

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The camper finally arrived! Got it all setup with an E2 weight distribution hitch with anti-sway bars. Took it for a short ride today to test it out. It towed easy!

Ford Bronco Just bought a camper! Tab 400 Boondock IMG_0927.JPG

Onehrdfrst

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Looks good, did you get a chance to see what the tung weight is? I have the factory class 2 on my bronco and it’s rated at 350lbs .

AlpineDescent

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks awesome! I’m not seeing pricing on it, what did it set you back? What options did you get?

Sponsored

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

sportcoupe

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Reviving old post. Questions on Tab 400 tongue weight and how you dealt with it. Does Bronco tailgate still open enough for access? How is mpg while towing Tab 400?

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Reviving old post. Questions on Tab 400 tongue weight and how you dealt with it. Does Bronco tailgate still open enough for access? How is mpg while towing Tab 400?
OP hasn't been on this site for awhile and none of their old posts ever show they got a Bronco delivered. Wonder if they just kept the Jeep and moved on.

Ford Bronco Just bought a camper! Tab 400 Boondock Screenshot_20231014-085846
Sponsored