Sponsored

Just could NOT get myself to drill holes for the Tailgate Table... HELP ME!

Pugsly

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Definitely like the JCR one, the MOLLE worked out great for mounting a sub.

Ford Bronco Just could NOT get myself to drill holes for the Tailgate Table... HELP ME! FF2FA43B-A209-43CB-9E19-AC93166A9FC0
Sponsored

Visitor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Midwest
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First, as many have said the drilling is a non-issue as long as you use a drill stop. A little nerve-wracking but you'll be ok.

For me personally, I wanted the Ford (Tuffy) tailgate table because it's compatible with the Tuffy cargo enclosures. Other brands of tailgate table sit a tiny bit higher on the tailgate, so they interfere with the rubber seal on the Tuffy enclosure. I tried the Mabbett table and liked it, but ended up getting rid of it once I installed the enclosure.

omg_bbq

Black Diamond
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you can pay $400ish, get the Trailgater. Looks way better and it’s a no drill option. Here’s mine.

Ford Bronco Just could NOT get myself to drill holes for the Tailgate Table... HELP ME! FF2FA43B-A209-43CB-9E19-AC93166A9FC0

All of you with the Trailgater have EG broncos I swear. Guess I need to join the club

SillyPosition

Badlands
First Name
Silly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@brentutk
After reading the whole thread I feel its not that bad to drill those holes, but the original table looks small, with no edge lip and very basic.
The trailgater looks sick. lip to make things not fall off too easily and also the extension.
But it looks like it damages the original red plastic covers, what happens If I regret and want to take it off, can I bring back the original black cover?

Sponsored

brentutk

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@brentutk
After reading the whole thread I feel its not that bad to drill those holes, but the original table looks small, with no edge lip and very basic.
The trailgater looks sick. lip to make things not fall off too easily and also the extension.
But it looks like it damages the original red plastic covers, what happens If I regret and want to take it off, can I bring back the original black cover?
Not sure what red cover you mean. The black plastic cover snaps off and can be snapped back on. Trailgater also comes with cushioned tape to apply between the table and the tailgate to protect and prevent rattles.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sounds like it is too late but you can pretty much tuen any tailgate into a no-drill one as long as you are willing to drill into the table itself.

If you take the black plastic trim piece off that runs along the top of your tailgate, You will see that there are three to four open slots.

I should have taken pics, but use basically all thread with two flare nuts to sandwich the all thread in those slots.

The drill holes in your table where the studs hit, bolt it on, and cut off the excess all-thread.

Can you sit in the table...no...will it hold your food and cooking stove...of course.

I even put that speaker box carpet on the back of my table as to not even scratch the tailgate.

The only trick to the whole thing is do NOT drop that nut inside your tailgate! Do whatever works for you to hold the nut securly until you get the all thread started.

Fyi, don't remember the exact size, but I used long 1/4 (?) bolts I think and just cut the heads off

SillyPosition

Badlands
First Name
Silly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure what red cover you mean. The black plastic cover snaps off and can be snapped back on. Trailgater also comes with cushioned tape to apply between the table and the tailgate to protect and prevent rattles.
Is it really that heavy? I saw on youtube a claim its about 15kg.

PorpoiseBlue

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Laramine
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just got my tailgate installed yesterday at the dealership and noticed the same issue with the supplied jack nuts everyone has mentions. The bottom left corner just spins, the others seem fine.

Wanted to see if any one has considered using well nuts instead? Seems like it would potentially prevent additional rattle and doesn't required a specialized tool to install. Never used any so I could be wrong.
Ford Bronco Just could NOT get myself to drill holes for the Tailgate Table... HELP ME! 1677250317405

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sounds like it is too late but you can pretty much tuen any tailgate into a no-drill one as long as you are willing to drill into the table itself.

If you take the black plastic trim piece off that runs along the top of your tailgate, You will see that there are three to four open slots.

I should have taken pics, but use basically all thread with two flare nuts to sandwich the all thread in those slots.

The drill holes in your table where the studs hit, bolt it on, and cut off the excess all-thread.

Can you sit in the table...no...will it hold your food and cooking stove...of course.

I even put that speaker box carpet on the back of my table as to not even scratch the tailgate.

The only trick to the whole thing is do NOT drop that nut inside your tailgate! Do whatever works for you to hold the nut securly until you get the all thread started.

Fyi, don't remember the exact size, but I used long 1/4 (?) bolts I think and just cut the heads off
This seems like an excellent solution and one that I should have thought about sooner. Thanks!

Sponsored

patch1103

Wildtrak
First Name
P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU 75th Anniv. Edition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If something doesn’t line up and you give up, the plastic trim will hide the holes at the top and you can buy plastic fir tree caps on Amazon to disguise the lower holes - no one but you would ever notice.
Tell me more about these plastic fir tree caps. I installed my table last year, but don't really like it. I'm thinking about removing or replacing it with something else, but I'm concerned about the holes being there.

CriticalB

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tell me more about these plastic fir tree caps. I installed my table last year, but don't really like it. I'm thinking about removing or replacing it with something else, but I'm concerned about the holes being there.
GOOACC 146PCS Nylon Bumper Shield Retainer & Double End Xmas Tree Retainers Clips Universal Auto Body Shield Retainer Fastener Clip Assortment- Bonus Fastener Remover https://a.co/d/8iXl53l

something like this - you could double check the size of the hole but these are cheap and always handy to have an assortment of sizes.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you can pay $400ish, get the Trailgater. Looks way better and it’s a no drill option. Here’s mine.

Ford Bronco Just could NOT get myself to drill holes for the Tailgate Table... HELP ME! 1677250317405

This looks like the Goose Gear knockoff, but Goose requires drilling. How much weight can it handle?

I like this one that you have and will research it. Not afraid to drill, but if I can get away with not doing so, I’m good with that too.

patch1103

Wildtrak
First Name
P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU 75th Anniv. Edition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

GOOACC 146PCS Nylon Bumper Shield Retainer & Double End Xmas Tree Retainers Clips Universal Auto Body Shield Retainer Fastener Clip Assortment- Bonus Fastener Remover https://a.co/d/8iXl53l

something like this - you could double check the size of the hole but these are cheap and always handy to have an assortment of sizes.
Thanks!

Pjblues

Wildtrak
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrek 2023
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
*** UPDATE Feb 22: I am selling the Tailgate Table to a Bronco 6G Member, and I plan on getting a non-drilling table in the future.***

I opened the Tailgate table box (the official Ford one that retails for $219). I looked at the instructions and probably watched about a hour of install videos. I am too scared to drill four 7/16" holes in my Bronco. I asked my dealer service department. They said it was a "pain in the neck" and they charge 2 hours of labor for it. Also they told me that they drilled all the way through once TO THE OUTSIDE and had to replace an entire tailgate. I have decided to not do it. I got it a while ago, so I cannot return. Anyone braver than me want one for $100 plus I will ship it to you if you want (you pay shipping)? And if you did install, how did it go for you?
I am with you. I will not drill any hole in my Bronco. I have the Shadow Sasquatch and paid to put my steps, mudflats, bumper lights, pillar lights, etc. on. Now I am waiting on the body armor for the doors. It is a stick on but I am not doing it.
Sponsored