Sponsored

Just could NOT get myself to drill holes for the Tailgate Table... HELP ME!

#1Broncogirl

Badlands
First Name
Carey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Broncos, F250, E350, D90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

*** UPDATE Feb 22: I am selling the Tailgate Table to a Bronco 6G Member, and I plan on getting a non-drilling table in the future.***

I opened the Tailgate table box (the official Ford one that retails for $219). I looked at the instructions and probably watched about a hour of install videos. I am too scared to drill four 7/16" holes in my Bronco. I asked my dealer service department. They said it was a "pain in the neck" and they charge 2 hours of labor for it. Also they told me that they drilled all the way through once TO THE OUTSIDE and had to replace an entire tailgate. I have decided to not do it. I got it a while ago, so I cannot return. Anyone braver than me want one for $100 plus I will ship it to you if you want (you pay shipping)? And if you did install, how did it go for you?
Sponsored

#1Broncogirl

Badlands
First Name
Carey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Broncos, F250, E350, D90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Its actually an easy install the table comes with a drill bit stop to keep you from drilling through the outer skin. Just take your time, go slow measure twice drill once

Canyon Coolers

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
canyoncoolers.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco, Dodge 2500, Sprinter Van
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have no problems doing all kinds of things around the house like hanging a large TV over the fireplace or replacing a garbage disposal or fixing every part of a toilet, but I just cannot drill holes into my Bronco. I feel like in a house, everything you do is reversible. Not so in my vehicle.
There is a certain undeniable satisfaction in a #10 self taping sheet metal screw. Biy yourself a small box of them you won't regret it.
Sponsored