Sponsored

Just drove a Badlands, 2.7T, 2 door, CyberOrange, non-sas wheel upgrade. Very nice.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was driving through Plymouth, NH and saw a very handsome (cute?) 2 door Orange Bronco on the dealer's lot. I was with my Daughter and we were just poking around on our way to Maahhket Basket so we puled in.

I walked in expecting the sales guy to say "Sorry, ordered, sold, can't drive it". And he said Sure its our demo!!.

Nice. My daughter got into the back seat. Its not bad once you are in, but its a pain in the butt to get in. I flipped the seat forward and it didn't slide forward on its own. I had todo that as a separate operation. She got in and immediately complained that there weren't any roll down windows. (So please don't get the 2 door dad, please!!)

Other than that she had more room than she could ever need. (5'3")

The first thing I noticed appearance wise is that the 2 door looks PERFECT with the 285/70s. Even better than the Sasquatch in my opinion. Its just right. I think the 2 door Sas looks like it needs a bit of a lift with the 35s. These looked perfect.

I am on the fence between this and a Gladiator Mojave (which is really the best driving version of a Wrangler you can buy). On road livability is a key factor. Acceleration is a want not a need. But definitely a want.

Pulling out of the dealer, I could feel that the Bronco was softly sprung, but well damped. Body motions were well controlled, but there was noticeable dive on braking. Body roll was fine. This isn't a car you are going to drive hard for fun but its nice that it felt like you could hustle it down a road if you needed to. Overall, I'd say it is a very good compromise.

Accleration was lively, but not fast by any means. I held it full throttle several times, just short of the kick down trigger and it torqued its way up to speed very well. I'd say that acceleration is more than adequate for a vehicle of this type. It might feel "fast", but its not. (Not even a Raptor is actually fast). Overall this motor is much more satisfying to drive than anything offered in the Gladiator or wrangler other than the vaporware 4xe or the $80k 392.

In all I was very impressed. It makes my decision between the Bronco and the Gladiator that much more difficult. The most important and relevant thing to me was that the Bronco had no bad manners on the road and sas such will be a MUCH easier vehicle to live with day to day. It essentially drove on the road like an Explorer with a lot of wind noise.

As an aside, The salesman I spoke with was named Jason Meier. He was polite and professional. He seemed to be well informed and was low key.

I'm sure he'd appreciate it if you ask for him if you go into Plymouth Ford.

Ford Bronco Just drove a Badlands, 2.7T, 2 door, CyberOrange, non-sas wheel upgrade.  Very nice. 20210718_181149900_iOS
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just added a photo. Great looking truck. I really like CyberOrange in person.

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was driving through Plymouth, NH and saw a very handsome (cute?) 2 door Orange Bronco on the dealer's lot. I was with my Daughter and we were just poking around on our way to Maahhket Basket so we puled in.

I walked in expecting the sales guy to say "Sorry, ordered, sold, can't drive it". And he said Sure its our demo!!.

Nice. My daughter got into the back seat. Its not bad once you are in, but its a pain in the butt to get in. I flipped the seat forward and it didn't slide forward on its own. I had todo that as a separate operation. She got in and immediately complained that there weren't any roll down windows. (So please don't get the 2 door dad, please!!)

Other than that she had more room than she could ever need. (5'3")

The first thing I noticed appearance wise is that the 2 door looks PERFECT with the 285/70s. Even better than the Sasquatch in my opinion. Its just right. I think the 2 door Sas looks like it needs a bit of a lift with the 35s. These looked perfect.

I am on the fence between this and a Gladiator Mojave (which is really the best driving version of a Wrangler you can buy). On road livability is a key factor. Acceleration is a want not a need. But definitely a want.

Pulling out of the dealer, I could feel that the Bronco was softly sprung, but well damped. Body motions were well controlled, but there was noticeable dive on braking. Body roll was fine. This isn't a car you are going to drive hard for fun but its nice that it felt like you could hustle it down a road if you needed to. Overall, I'd say it is a very good compromise.

Accleration was lively, but not fast by any means. I held it full throttle several times, just short of the kick down trigger and it torqued its way up to speed very well. I'd say that acceleration is more than adequate for a vehicle of this type. It might feel "fast", but its not. (Not even a Raptor is actually fast). Overall this motor is much more satisfying to drive than anything offered in the Gladiator or wrangler other than the vaporware 4xe or the $80k 392.

In all I was very impressed. It makes my decision between the Bronco and the Gladiator that much more difficult. The most important and relevant thing to me was that the Bronco had no bad manners on the road and sas such will be a MUCH easier vehicle to live with day to day. It essentially drove on the road like an Explorer with a lot of wind noise.

As an aside, The salesman I spoke with was named Jason Meier. He was polite and professional. He seemed to be well informed and was low key.

I'm sure he'd appreciate it if you ask for him if you go into Plymouth Ford.

Ford Bronco Just drove a Badlands, 2.7T, 2 door, CyberOrange, non-sas wheel upgrade.  Very nice. 20210718_181149900_iOS

What is my build doing there!?!?! 😔🤣

SpeedTwin

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just added a photo. Great looking truck. I really like CyberOrange in person.
You're right, non-Sas does look better on the 2 door. Thanks for sharing your experience.
Sponsored