First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Took the wife for a drive to finally see one in person. They had an Orange Wild Track. Got to drive it.
during the test drive I saw 2 lifted Jeep’s. Of course I took the opportunity to troll. This thing gets a ton of attention. Especially in orange.
Amazing ride. Super smooth like you would expect a Ford to be. Reminds me of my SHO.
Good power from what I could tell. Told the wife and salesman to hold on while I flipped a U-turn and romped on the gas (to get up behind a rubicorn :LOL:
One issue that I did notice on the WT. the passengers side door kept popping like it wasn’t on there correctly. Not a good look on such an expensive vehicle. Even if it is supposed to be a lego 4x4.

Guess I had good timing. There was a couple there picking up their blue 4 door FE. Thing was beautiful.

Side note: the dealer was super cool. He told me he expected a lot of cancellations due to people not willing to wait. When asked if they would be marking up cancelled orders, he said NO. They aren’t allowed to do that there.
Sponsored

brij250

Wildtrak
First Name
BJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what exactly is a "mannequin" Bronco?

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Took the wife for a drive to finally see one in person. They had an Orange Wild Track. Got to drive it.
during the test drive I saw 2 lifted Jeep’s. Of course I took the opportunity to troll. This thing gets a ton of attention. Especially in orange.
Amazing ride. Super smooth like you would expect a Ford to be. Reminds me of my SHO.
Good power from what I could tell. Told the wife and salesman to hold on while I flipped a U-turn and romped on the gas (to get up behind a rubicorn :LOL:
One issue that I did notice on the WT. the passengers side door kept popping like it wasn’t on there correctly. Not a good look on such an expensive vehicle. Even if it is supposed to be a lego 4x4.

Guess I had good timing. There was a couple there picking up their blue 4 door FE. Thing was beautiful.

Side note: the dealer was super cool. He told me he expected a lot of cancellations due to people not willing to wait. When asked if they would be marking up cancelled orders, he said NO. They aren’t allowed to do that there.
You know, I may have to drive up there. On Northlake right?

It'd be nice to see a Wildtrak in person since that's what I ordered - I think the mannequins my dealer is getting are a Big Bend and Badlands maybe? I don't remember what my sales guy told me, but I remember it wasn't Wildtrak.

Sponsored

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

CoachTee

Wildtrak
First Name
Teresa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nice of them to let me know they have one, being I have a WildTrak on order with them 🤬

OP
OP
Bronc-itis

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
You know, I may have to drive up there. On Northlake right?

It'd be nice to see a Wildtrak in person since that's what I ordered - I think the mannequins my dealer is getting are a Big Bend and Badlands maybe? I don't remember what my sales guy told me, but I remember it wasn't Wildtrak.
Same. Drove from Boca. Was a nice day for it. Was tempted to push the soft top back and get the open air feel.

Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I assume it has MIC? Your last post made it seem like it had a soft top?

ghetter

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It’s soft top. Went to Mullinax to drive it today.

Couldn’t agree more about the smooth ride. Loved it!

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It’s soft top. Went to Mullinax to drive it today.

Couldn’t agree more about the smooth ride. Loved it!
Thanks for the info, may be headed up there tomorrow to check it out.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Got a chance to drive this exact Wildtrak soft top mannequin today. I drove up to see it because it was a Wildtrak - wanted to see the interior combo, drive it, etc. I loved it - it was awesome. I had seen a Big Bend and OBX before during the national tour (at this same dealer actually), but this was my first time seeing nearly my complete build

It was a Wildtrak with sasquatch (included), soft top, high package, and modular front bumper, and . Lux package is the only thing missing that I ordered.

I'm about 6'0" and I found ingress/egress easy - I actually found the step unnecessary but also useful - meaning, I don't have to use it, but I know I'll use it sometimes, and will be handy for shorter passengers......as well as washing the roof.

I thought it drove really well - got to drive it on surface streets and the highway. Tracked nicely, steered well, was composed on the highway. I found it quick - I put it in sport mode and thought it accelerated well - It's obviously not my Mustang, but it's much better than the Flex.

Interior materials were good - I retain the same opinion I had before - they're good quality, though mostly "hard touch" except for a few major touch points like the arm rest and upper door panel/arm rest (which as others have mentioned falls perfectly to rest your arm on it). And frankly, it didn't bother me as much this time - could they be fancier? Sure, but they'll last. I also liked the interior color combo - I was never in the dislike camp for Wildtrak's black/tan pairing - but I liked it......the tan isn't as obviously tan as it might look in photos - it's more of a "gray" tan than your 90's tan interior - and not that dissimilar from what I have in my Flex currently (medium sandstone is what they called it in the Flex).

I did find the soft top to be loud, especially on the highway. It was ok in the front row, but could hear a lot of noise behind me. My mom, who came along and sat in the back seat, said it was loud back there, and almost echo-y coming from the rear compartment. I've been told the hard top is a more "normal" vehicle experience/quieter. It's much louder than my Mustang's soft top......obviously a bigger area to cover in the Bronco. It was wet/raining out so didn't get a chance to pop the roof back.

All in all, I'm glad I went and drove it. I just wish I had mine haha.
Sponsored

Last edited: