Sponsored

Just got a build date - when is it too late to change color or minor options?

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So finally got a build date yesterday for Oct 11. Very excited. Been so long since I ordered it that I went back over my build and noticed I didn't include that front bull bar. Not 100% sold I will keep it forever but would like to start out with it and later look at trading up for an aftermarket bumper later. Right now, there are not many options that keep the sensors and camera functioning. So is it too late to go back to the dealer and add this to the order, or would I be better off and ordering it thru Ford parts, assuming that can be done. Matter of fact, I would like to order a few more accessories, such as the fold down table on the tailgate, etc. Is there a order brochure for all the Ford accessories somewhere (I recall seeing one posted)? UPDATE: Immediately saw this site after posting: https://accessories.ford.com/

Finally, I like cyber orange but was thinking about switching to something different, say AMB which will be very rare soon. Very torn on this. Is the color change still possible? If not, that's okay as it makes my decision easier.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Panzer948

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So finally got a build date yesterday for Oct 11. Very excited. Been so long since I ordered it that I went back over my build and noticed I didn't include that front bull bar. Not 100% sold I will keep it forever but would like to start out with it and later look at trading up for an aftermarket bumper later. Right now, there are not many options that keep the sensors and camera functioning. So is it too late to go back to the dealer and add this to the order, or would I be better off and ordering it thru Ford parts, assuming that can be done. Matter of fact, I would like to order a few more accessories, such as the fold down table on the tailgate, etc. Is there a order brochure for all the Ford accessories somewhere (I recall seeing one posted)?

Finally, I like cyber orange but was thinking about switching to something different, say AMB which will be very rare soon. Very torn on this. Is the color change still possible? If not, that's okay as it makes my decision easier.
I think I answered my on question about source for options: https://accessories.ford.com/

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe it’s too late the day before you got your VIN.

dwfern

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would need to reach out to your dealer. When I placed my order my sales guy said once I got my VIN he MIGHT be able to make a minor change like paint.

I would think paint color change would be ok because it's not like they only have enough paint for 20 Broncos this month.

But would definitely reach out to dealer.

heelyeah

Outer Banks
First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco; 2022 F150 Lightning; 2021 JT (wife's)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You should be able to change the color, but that's all. I was able to change from Cactus Gray back to Area 51 after getting a VIN and build date. Your dealer will probably tell you it can't be done; tell them to pull up WBDO and try anyway. My dealer was surprised when it worked.

OP
OP
Panzer948

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You should be able to change the color, but that's all. I was able to change from Cactus Gray back to Area 51 after getting a VIN and build date. Your dealer will probably tell you it can't be done; tell them to pull up WBDO and try anyway. My dealer was surprised when it worked.
Thanks all for the tips!
Sponsored