First Name
Ike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah your tail gate looks bent as does your tire holder. I’d be getting the frame checked out as well, damage unseen.
I know it appears that way from the video and still shots but in person, the gaps look evenly spaced. Regardless, I'm going to take it in and have it professionally inspected.

OP
OP
LVBronco

LVBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Ike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm 50/50 on whether the gap in the tailgate is damage due to the crash, or just typical Ford quality.
I know it appears that way from the video and still shots but in person, the gaps look evenly spaced. Regardless, I'm going to take it in and have it professionally inspected.

OP
OP
LVBronco

LVBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Ike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As my wife says, that is one of my concerns about the Bronco.

The vast majority of collisions in which I have been involved have consisted my my vehicle being rear-ended by another.

I'm worried about the spare tire taking the hit, instead of the bumper, and passing the impact on to the rear door.

I'll be very interested in what a post-collision inspection of @LVBronco's vehicle reveals.

I'm also hoping that some aftermarket source will come out with a rear bumper for the Bronco that will extend farther aft than the spare tire, so that it will take the hit as a bumper is supposed to. I may even try to devise something to build out of Unistrut to accomplish this.

I'll report back on this thread when I get my final professional inspection.

Sponsored
OP
OP
LVBronco

LVBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Ike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looks like the tire and the hinge side of the swing gate might be tweaked. Maybe just angle of the pictures.

OP
OP
LVBronco

LVBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Ike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's bent.

Screenshot_20211106-093455.png
I know it appears that way from that angle but from the back it is evenly spaced. the body lines from that angle make it look uneven. I'm going to get my car professional inspected and will report back.

OP
OP
LVBronco

LVBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Ike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm glad you're Bronco didn't get crushed in like the Chevy, but no way you didn't take on damage. It's unfortunate and hopefully limited to either just the bumper but unfortunately I think your spare took the hit which in turn trashed your rear tailgate.

Luckily those can be replaced easily... Well once parts are available.

OP
OP
LVBronco

LVBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Ike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Your Bronco will be in the body shop for a minimum of a month. More then likely two months. Body shops like every other business are being held up by part allocation. Being this is a Bronco, it makes it that much more difficult. Good luck.
I know it appears that way from the video and still shots but in person, the gaps look evenly spaced. Regardless, I'm going to take it in and have it professionally inspected. Crossing my fingers that there is no damage!

OP
OP
LVBronco

LVBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Ike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah, looks like the top hinge is pushed inward

Sponsored

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Rear ended=Attorney=all paid for Bronco Modifications you will ever want to do. 😉

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As of now, all the spacing around the tailgate looks good. No denting around where the mount is connected to the tailgate but I am going to take it in to make sure.
I saw this and went to check mine to compare. I thought for sure yours looked bent but not so sure now. Sucks this happened but glad to hear that you and your family are okay.

Ford Bronco Just Got Rear Ended Today. 6A79EA14-8B98-4538-84A0-03D3D09D44CE

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve had my Bronco for just over a month and just got rear ended by a Chevy pickup today. Ford 1 - Chevy 0.

From personal inspection, I see no indentation around where the mount connects to the tailgate. Despite how it appears from the video and screenshot, the gaps appear even around the tailgate.

I am going to take it in to Ford to have them do an inspection. Will update everyone here once I get the final inspection.
So, what's the news?

How well did your Bronco take this hit?

Any damage, and if so, how bad?