Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The Sales Manager and I agreed on a tightly scripted process on 12/09. If the Oder Bank is not functioning, we reschedule. If we go forward, the goal is to complete a Buyer’s Order, the legal document which sets the price. The prices will be coming from the Order Bank. As the codes are selected and entered, I verify the process. When I am satisfied the Bronco ordered is the one I want, I sign the Buyer’s Order.
It doesn’t matter if you order on the first day the order banks are open or the last day. ford isn’t going to start building anything until all the orders are taken and logistics are figured out for an orderly build process. Reservation time stamps will be roughly adhered to as part of the logistics.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This is what I'm hearing from my dealer.
Ford Bronco Just got the call to schedule my build date tenor (9)

And when they finally call me to place my two FE reservations, this is what they'll hear from me.
Ford Bronco Just got the call to schedule my build date tenor (9)

Last edited:

Rocket

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150, 1978 Bronco, 2022 Bronco, 2022 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Haven’t heard from my Dealer and i would like to see a unit before i order.
So far i am unimpressed with the colors and the tops for the base model.
My 78 looks better every day.

OP
OP

Deleted member 13702

Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that the date you finalize and submit your build has nothing to do with your place in line for delivery. All builds received by the cutoff date (in January, for now) should roughly follow the reservation order, not the order of final submission (aside from other factors they may use to optimize the build queue).

Aside from bragging rights, it doesn't make much sense to rush to be first to place your order, especially given so many factors still unknown. I, for one, plan to wait until as late as possible.

Edit: To add to my thoughts, I'd also be a little wary of any dealer pushing me to schedule my build ASAP. Especially given that the timing of opening order banks is apparently not even final. I think it's likely the dealer(s) in question would ask for a deposit at that point, locking you in. Why give up your flexibility for no additional benefit? You won't be getting your Bronco any sooner, whether you place your order today or in early January (again, as long as you make the cutoff for final scheduling). Why not see what changes between now and then? The way things have been going, I wouldn't be at all surprised if there were some potentially deal-breaking (or, at the very least, build-changing) changes to options and offerings before the scheduling cutoff.
Lol, I guess it could seem like I am bragging, more I was excited at the prospect of building my Bronco for a while, although now it's got me second guessing a couple of the option choices, nothing that's a deal breaker. As far as reservation number, order blah blah blah, I got in early for my reservation, my dealer contacted me the day after I reserved and they went over what they knew at the time. They have contacted me several times since then and and informed me on any changes to the process.

So far the process is how they and ford described, they didn't ask me to come with a check book, only to place my order. I would say I'm usually a cynic, but on this my dealer had been pretty straightforward.

As far as waiting to see if there are any changes that are deal breakers I'll leave you with this. I bought a bronco new in 1994, and at the time it was as is, with a red dash, red carpet, red seats, red exterior, with a basic radio and 4 wheel drive. I loved that vehicle, and to be honest I didn't overthink it, it wasn't the color or model I had gone in for, it was the one I got the best deal on. 25 years later Ford is letting me pick pretty much all the details I care about, you can overthink your purchase all you want, 25 years has been enough time to let me know what I'll be happy with.

Sponsored

Dubfound

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi’s
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Sales Manager and I agreed on a tightly scripted process on 12/09. If the Oder Bank is not functioning, we reschedule. If we go forward, the goal is to complete a Buyer’s Order, the legal document which sets the price. The prices will be coming from the Order Bank. As the codes are selected and entered, I verify the process. When I am satisfied the Bronco ordered is the one I want, I sign the Buyer’s Order.
Hahahah! "A tightly scripted process" The sales manager your dealing with for sure already quit.

RWBigBend21

Big Bend
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline RTL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My Ford dealership @FordPortRichey and fordofportrichey.com #s_cks. They haven't made any attempt to reach out to me. As a day one reservation in my small town gulf coast of Florida I cant imagine there's too many in line ahead of me at my dealership. They are however really good at letting everyone know about there awards on twitter.

TOTALBRO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lol, I guess it could seem like I am bragging, more I was excited at the prospect of building my Bronco for a while, although now it's got me second guessing a couple of the option choices, nothing that's a deal breaker. As far as reservation number, order blah blah blah, I got in early for my reservation, my dealer contacted me the day after I reserved and they went over what they knew at the time. They have contacted me several times since then and and informed me on any changes to the process.

So far the process is how they and ford described, they didn't ask me to come with a check book, only to place my order. I would say I'm usually a cynic, but on this my dealer had been pretty straightforward.

As far as waiting to see if there are any changes that are deal breakers I'll leave you with this. I bought a bronco new in 1994, and at the time it was as is, with a red dash, red carpet, red seats, red exterior, with a basic radio and 4 wheel drive. I loved that vehicle, and to be honest I didn't overthink it, it wasn't the color or model I had gone in for, it was the one I got the best deal on. 25 years later Ford is letting me pick pretty much all the details I care about, you can overthink your purchase all you want, 25 years has been enough time to let me know what I'll be happy with.
I don't think waiting to see how the final option offerings pan out is overthinking the purchase one bit. I, too, know what I want, but that's contingent on the reliability of the latest available information. I wanted the Sasquatch package solely for the 4.70 final drive ratio, but that was until the Build & Price tool noted that I can apparently get 4.70 gearing for free. So, for now, Sasquatch is off the table. But let's say that the gearing option turns out to be an error in B&P (as many suspect it is); I would hate to have to frantically call my dealer in late December to add Sasquatch back in (and lose sleep every night until I see my rig, hoping that they got it right). Or let's say a non-essential option I checked becomes an extreme late availability item (like roof rails). I would hate for my build to be pushed back months in the queue just because of that, so I'd love to be able to adjust my build accordingly beforehand.

My suggestion has nothing to do with lack of decisiveness. It's simply making sure I have enough clarity to make a fully informed decision. I'm as excited as you are for this vehicle, I just have very little faith in the finality of Ford's word thus far.

Sponsored

BenL

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I plan on getting a manual base Sasquatch in velocity blue. Seeing how this is late availability, I’m wondering if I can order the white top in place of the mic carbonized gray at the same time...
my dealer reached out after I had some questions a month and a half back. Nothing since, but if I get a 2022 MY how I want it for the current pricing, I wouldn’t mind.

OP
OP

Deleted member 13702

I don't think waiting to see how the final option offerings pan out is overthinking the purchase one bit. I, too, know what I want, but that's contingent on the reliability of the latest available information. I wanted the Sasquatch package solely for the 4.70 final drive ratio, but that was until the Build & Price tool noted that I can apparently get 4.70 gearing for free. So, for now, Sasquatch is off the table. But let's say that the gearing option turns out to be an error in B&P (as many suspect it is); I would hate to have to frantically call my dealer in late December to add Sasquatch back in (and lose sleep every night until I see my rig, hoping that they got it right). Or let's say a non-essential option I checked becomes an extreme late availability item (like roof rails). I would hate for my build to be pushed back months in the queue just because of that, so I'd love to be able to adjust my build accordingly beforehand.

My suggestion has nothing to do with lack of decisiveness. It's simply making sure I have enough clarity to make a fully informed decision. I'm as excited as you are for this vehicle, I just have very little faith in the finality of Ford's word thus far.
I can understand where you are coming from, I'm going badlands without squatch, just because I want the Manual, and also, because I think the optional 33" tire and rim package is all I need initially. It also keeps the price down. But I can understand your situation if the gearing is a must have.

My only question is, if you have the option to go in and build it at the dealer, wouldn't that answer your question about the gearing. My take is, if they come back after I order it and say some option was a mistake, then they broke the contract and I can move on. I would think sitting down and actually going through the order process would answer more questions than not.

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My Ford dealership @FordPortRichey and fordofportrichey.com #s_cks. They haven't made any attempt to reach out to me. As a day one reservation in my small town gulf coast of Florida I cant imagine there's too many in line ahead of me at my dealership. They are however really good at letting everyone know about there awards on twitter.
Not sure what deal you have at that location. But if your up for a drive Mullinax dealerships in FL are honoring xlpan. They have no dealer fees or any extra fees, its standard at their locations as well .. I'm between going to Mullinax New Smyrna Beach xplan pricing or an out of state below invoice deal in LA .. Mullinax kept in contact with me also FWIW

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that the date you finalize and submit your build has nothing to do with your place in line for delivery. All builds received by the cutoff date (in January, for now) should roughly follow the reservation order, not the order of final submission (aside from other factors they may use to optimize the build queue).

Aside from bragging rights, it doesn't make much sense to rush to be first to place your order, especially given so many factors still unknown. I, for one, plan to wait until as late as possible.

Edit: To add to my thoughts, I'd also be a little wary of any dealer pushing me to schedule my build ASAP. Especially given that the timing of opening order banks is apparently not even final. I think it's likely the dealer(s) in question would ask for a deposit at that point, locking you in. Why give up your flexibility for no additional benefit? You won't be getting your Bronco any sooner, whether you place your order today or in early January (again, as long as you make the cutoff for final scheduling). Why not see what changes between now and then? The way things have been going, I wouldn't be at all surprised if there were some potentially deal-breaking (or, at the very least, build-changing) changes to options and offerings before the scheduling cutoff.
Even if you go ahead and place your order early, you can still make changes up until it goes into production.
Sponsored