First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
People paying these ridiculous markups are going to take a beating in a few years on resale value. Once things settle back down and it will the resale value will be based on MSRP and not the marked up price. So in 5 years the person who paid $80K for a $40K vehicle will be doing good to get $25K for it. A $55K loss in value is a pretty hard hit.
Sponsored

sic5pointslow

Black Diamond
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250, 3 Mustangs, 2018 Audi, annnnd a Buick
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
People paying these ridiculous markups are going to take a beating in a few years on resale value. Once things settle back down and it will the resale value will be based on MSRP and not the marked up price. So in 5 years the person who paid $80K for a $40K vehicle will be doing good to get $25K for it. A $55K loss in value is a pretty hard hit.
The people paying these markups donā€™t worry about money like that.

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL 2dr, 2021 BB 4dr, 2022 BS 2dr, trifecta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

is this toda
I literally bought a dropped order today from a small dealer I know here in CA. Badlands 2.7, Squatch, MIC, Lux, Leather, Tow, Mod bumper - All the deadly sins. He charged me 5k ADM but gave me 2k more for my trade then I got appraised at CARMAX. He also buried the ADM in my trade equity so I didn't pay tax on the 5k. They also used some ford discretionary funds and gave me 1k in free accessories because I was a res/order holder.

I know a lot of dealers out there that would have slapped a 20-30k ADM on a loaded Bronco like that.
congrats ! Sounds like you made the right decision and worked with a credible dealership. My experiences with my Broncos have been the same. Waited 18 months until the two door Badlands hit the dealership and got it for MSRP. Bought the four door (released mannequin) off the showroom floor with 38 miles on it for 10k over however got 8k over KBB clean trade price for the wife's Explorer due to this crazy economy. Lots of people made poor dealership decisions and got nothing by trying to save a couple thousand dollars. It's always "fords fault" to that group because they can't accept the fact they 'screwed the pooch" with their ordering strategy.

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL 2dr, 2021 BB 4dr, 2022 BS 2dr, trifecta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if you got the cash to pay 80k for a 40k vehicle I am just going to bet that resale profit in the future isn't a concern...lol.

techdisaster

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really tried to buy my Bronco in Omaha. Called both Baxters, both Woodhouses and no one wanted to talk pricing, much less commit. I found Granger and made my choice.
It's strange that we had completely different sales experiences. I went to Woodhouse in person, told the front desk I wanted to order a Bronco, and they directed me to a salesperson who sat down and went through the whole process with me. I was savvy enough by that time to know I needed a dealer signed purchase agreement for MSRP, which they gave me. I placed my deposit and I had my dealer order number on my purchase agreement when I left the dealership that day. Before I left I was also introduced to their parts manager and she emailed me a PDF of their Bronco catalog.

My salesperson has been in constant contact with me throughout the process.

Sponsored

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's strange that we had completely different sales experiences. I went to Woodhouse in person, told the front desk I wanted to order a Bronco, and they directed me to a salesperson who sat down and went through the whole process with me. I was savvy enough by that time to know I needed a dealer signed purchase agreement for MSRP, which they gave me. I placed my deposit and I had my dealer order number on my purchase agreement when I left the dealership that day. Before I left I was also introduced to their parts manager and she emailed me a PDF of their Bronco catalog.

My salesperson has been in constant contact with me throughout the process.
I wonder if it's timing? I did this is August/September 2020. Very few dealers were committing to anything at that time.

techdisaster

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder if it's timing? I did this is August/September 2020. Very few dealers were committing to anything at that time.
Quite likely. I ordered over a year later than you. I didnā€™t want to order until I had the chance to drive a mannequin. My salesperson said I was about 200th in line by that time. So they knew their way around the order process by the time I got in.

Traillme

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

as a side note, if you have to deal with Fords financial arm they aren't making it any easier to get fair financing either...
I went in with a loan from a credit union - once the dealer saw that, they skipped Ford and shopped to their local partners and beat my rate. Give them some competition and you may come out ahead.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I moved my order to Woodhouse at that time and they committed to invoice and honored it.

Bmerrick1973

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
7/26/2020 reservation date

1/28/2021 my 2021 order placed

11/2/2021 my 2022 reorder placed

Still waiting

Sponsored

Brownmule247

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion, Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I havenā€™t posted in a while but this one got me good today lol.

I didnā€™t think itā€™d get this bad in good ol Nebraska. Leave it to Woodhouse to be this exceptional!
It got me thinking how Ford really screwed the pooch by filling stock orders to these PoS big stealerships to tack on insane ADMā€™s to line their pockets when 1000s of ā€˜patientā€™ reservation holders have yet to get filled.

Iā€™d love to tag ford in this as I know theyā€™re in here. Heck, I almost made a twitter account to light a flame thereā€¦

Correction: they were orders, not stock units. My bad guys.

It is aggravating and truly hasnā€™t hit me until today. Iā€™ll admit, I was thinking if they did 5k I was contemplating on snagging one up. My want did not overcome my common sense.

This is just crazinessā€¦keep calm and chive on lol

348443F5-EE62-4D2D-A973-DAB7A022AA42.jpeg
Holy over priced Bronco Batman!! Thatā€™s REDICULOUS!!

frdfan

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB Sasquatch HPRM
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I havenā€™t posted in a while but this one got me good today lol.

I didnā€™t think itā€™d get this bad in good ol Nebraska. Leave it to Woodhouse to be this exceptional!
It got me thinking how Ford really screwed the pooch by filling stock orders to these PoS big stealerships to tack on insane ADMā€™s to line their pockets when 1000s of ā€˜patientā€™ reservation holders have yet to get filled.

Iā€™d love to tag ford in this as I know theyā€™re in here. Heck, I almost made a twitter account to light a flame thereā€¦

Correction: they were orders, not stock units. My bad guys.

It is aggravating and truly hasnā€™t hit me until today. Iā€™ll admit, I was thinking if they did 5k I was contemplating on snagging one up. My want did not overcome my common sense.

This is just crazinessā€¦keep calm and chive on lol

348443F5-EE62-4D2D-A973-DAB7A022AA42.jpeg
Just a quick side note...there were 3 that came in Thursday, all 3 had ADM of at least 12500, as of this afternoon, only the Cyber Orange is still available---I stopped in to take a peek at them this afternoon for a Bronco fix--the Green one was in the process of being purchased. I spoke with one of the salespeople and he stated that all 3 were customer orders that had walked away after buying something else. It was so weird seeing their lots so bare, they only have about 25% of what they normally would have for inventory...thats across the entire brand.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well, all 3 on their website have ā€œgreenā€ special order window stickers. So my guess is they are abandoned reservation holders. Maybe the people couldnā€™t qualify, or due to the wait changed their mind. Iā€™m not sticking up for the dealership, but I donā€™t think these are stock orders.
Agree. I called looked and ridden on lots throughout the SE US and have never seen a ā€œstockā€ unit. I have seen a couple special orders, on rare occasion, on lots where the sell fell through. I also read this in Automotive News this week . Supply has caused monumental backlog.
2D928A78-0E1B-44C3-A485-65DA1D3358E9.jpeg

Broken Machines76

Big Bend
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I tweeted about my pre-order experience lets see what happens......

Long story short the Dealership I went through sold it with 36 hours