Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think it's important to jump in and remind everybody that Ford wants to build you rig. They want to sell all 125,000 orders ASAP. They want as many of these on the quarterly sales sheets as possible. They want MAP to be cranking them out just as quickly as you do.

They're not trying to screw anyone over. They're stuck with the impossible position of launching a new vehicle with new components from from new suppliers opening new plants... in the middle of a global pandemic that has killed almost 4million people.

The supply chain is FUBAR'd across most industries, shipping rates have increased as much as 500% on most Asia to North America routes, and critical materials like resins and semiconductors are nearly impossible to source, much less scale. Add in a nationwide labor shortage as ballooning demand for labor drives upward mobility and you have an absolute shithow.

Ford has poured in millions upon millions of additional, unbudgeted program funding to try to right this ship, slowed or paused completion of most other products (save for F-Series) to preserve precious commodities, and performed an extremely rare hostile takeover of a supplier's operation.

They are building what they can, when they can, as soon as they can. They're walking a tightrope of communications, not wanting to paint themselves into the corners they did last July, last fall, and this April. Honestly, they can't say when most Bronco orders are going to be built because they just don't know.

The target for MY21 production is slipping and I don't think most of the issues can be blamed on them. It sucks to be stuck waiting, but I'm not sure what alternative outcome you're looking for.

Their communications have lacked immediacy and clarity, though I can understand the balance they're trying to strike. I'll keep sharing here what I'm able to, but if the worst thing in most of our lives is that we have to wait longer for delivery of our brand new, class-leading, $50,000+ utility vehicles, then we have it pretty goddamned good.
Boss Ross for the win. Thanks for a dose of sanity. Waiting in our instant gratification age is hard for some folks. It is definitely a first world problem that we have in waiting for a new Bronco.
Sponsored

Calicorks

Badlands
First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m riding on the wild side and sold my 2nd car due to the used car market. Is it a risk to not have it, sure. We do need 2 cars at my house.
Ford Is not giving answers as to when your Bronco will be built as even they don’t know. They know if you don’t buy it, someone else will. The Bronco is the hottest car for this year and there is a line. Just chill and enjoy life.

rubi14

Base
First Name
frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
....and we wonder why their stock is at $15 a share. I don't mind delays as they are unavoidable, industry wide. I do mind the lack of communication, that is a major hiccup.

Last edited:

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@PREMiERdrum Do we have any idea of the production numbers from Webasto and can we determine from that if the FEs are going to consume all of the MICs in 2021?

Sponsored

Jnic815

Outer Banks
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 F150, 00 WS6, 95 OBS Dually, 87 PETE 379
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think it's important to jump in and remind everybody that Ford wants to build you rig. They want to sell all 125,000 orders ASAP. They want as many of these on the quarterly sales sheets as possible. They want MAP to be cranking them out just as quickly as you do.

They're not trying to screw anyone over. They're stuck with the impossible position of launching a new vehicle with new components from from new suppliers opening new plants... in the middle of a global pandemic that has killed almost 4million people.

The supply chain is FUBAR'd across most industries, shipping rates have increased as much as 500% on most Asia to North America routes, and critical materials like resins and semiconductors are nearly impossible to source, much less scale. Add in a nationwide labor shortage as ballooning demand for labor drives upward mobility and you have an absolute shithow.

Ford has poured in millions upon millions of additional, unbudgeted program funding to try to right this ship, slowed or paused completion of most other products (save for F-Series) to preserve precious commodities, and performed an extremely rare hostile takeover of a supplier's operation.

They are building what they can, when they can, as soon as they can. They're walking a tightrope of communications, not wanting to paint themselves into the corners they did last July, last fall, and this April. Honestly, they can't say when most Bronco orders are going to be built because they just don't know.

The target for MY21 production is slipping and I don't think most of the issues can be blamed on them. It sucks to be stuck waiting, but I'm not sure what alternative outcome you're looking for.

Their communications have lacked immediacy and clarity, though I can understand the balance they're trying to strike. I'll keep sharing here what I'm able to, but if the worst thing in most of our lives is that we have to wait longer for delivery of our brand new, class-leading, $50,000+ utility vehicles, then we have it pretty goddamned good.
Well said. In my previous job I was a manufacturing engineer for Kia/Hyundai at the plant in Georgia. I was a boots on the ground engineer in production control, and I was heavily involved in the design and launch of the new Telluride.

That car was the source of my headaches for a year before the general public ever laid eyes on it. We were also constrained by a supplier at launch, the seat manufacturer could only match about 60% of capacity, It was a nightmare.

I was getting grays in my late 20s, and we didn’t even have 1/10 of the hype the bronco had. I cannot imagine the pressure on the bronco team right now.

TheColemans05

Badlands
First Name
Josh & Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silverado Trailboss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lmao you calling me 5 year old/saying I am what is wrong with the world, that is something...

Yea I am complaining, could it be framed or said better? Sure. Holding Ford accountable is all I want to do here. I love Ford, have family that works for them, always have/been around Fords. I understand how my takes come off, I don't intend for it to be that. I am venting, and it can look like "a 5 year old." Yes, COVID. Yes, commodity issues. Yes, worker shortages. And so on. It seems to be split in this forum b/w ignorance is bliss and wanting updates when it comes to wanting info, and yea, I am clearly in the wanting updates more regularly camp, sorry if that offends you.

I think the very least they can do is not keep me/others in the dark for a month, is that really too much to ask?
Just start calling the 1800 number monthly, you'll get all the information you need.

TheColemans05

Badlands
First Name
Josh & Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silverado Trailboss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess maybe FORD (not the dealerships) shouldn't have made promises regarding communication that they couldn't keep. I think everyone here understands that there's a pandemic going on and what impact it will have on build and delivery but you damn well better believe that customers committing to purchasing vehicles for many tens of thousands of dollars deserve updates. Dealers sell the vehicles, FORD produces them, issues doesn't seem to be with the selling, yet you want us to hold dealerships accountable for something that's completely out of their control.

As an August reservation you've obviously made peace with waiting, doesn't mean that everyone else has to.
Well if you can't find the peace you need to accept your not getting your Bronco anytime soon, Find a hobby away from Bronco6g. Coming on here all day everyday looking for any kind of new news is going to give you more than just grey hair and high blood pressure. - This reply is to all not Darkscion.

Bronco VI

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F150 Raptor/21 Bronco FE/22 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Just called and the 7/26 build week has not been reschedule yet.
It's gonna be a long weekend, looks like beer time!
Same here… my build date has not changed at all since receiving my VIN back in May. Fingers crossed.

Sponsored

Waiting for 4th Bronco

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250, Mercedes C350
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My dealer reports that their first three are built to be delivered in early July. They have been allocated 95 '21s out of 200+ orders. My Base 2dr 2.3 manual hard top may be one of the 95 they get before January. If I had a squatch the dealer said no way I would get it this year. The hard top is the only item holding mine back. According to the dealer.

OldGrayMare

Badlands
First Name
Jami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '67 Tempest, '85 Yota SR5, '16 ATS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Shut that 💩 down. 👍🏼 😂
Sponsored