Sponsored

Just looking for a fun ride, not a mountain goat.

Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I always use the low range in my old Tahoe to hitch-up and maneuver trailers. I started to exercise the electronic shift, but the low speed makes everything around the driveway easier.

zerk4321

Base
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch Rapid Red
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

agree with you, bouncing a vehicle off a tree, rock or mountain and causing damage isn"t "fun".
Although I ordered ours with the Squatch package, it will be mostly off-roading on the beach and gravel roads.
So, can anyone tell me if receiving a hammock a couple of months ago, and a BRONCO flag yesterday has any significance as far as a build date,or is Ford just baiting me ?
I donā€™t think it means anything. I got the hammock many weeks ago and the flag a little over a week ago. My build week is this coming week.

Big Diamond

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco HOSS 3.0 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would much rather have a mechical torsen limited slip instead of the locker that came on my BD. I can use the LSD 100% of the time while the locker is only good for some rare extremely low speed situations. The locker is practically useless for common situations around here like droving on snow covered roads, or trying to pull out quickly in the rain or ice.
*rushes to GOOGLE to find out what the hell a "mechanical torsen limited slip" is

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can see not taking the doors off but the top?!? Thatā€™s gotta come off šŸ˜€

I also will probably never see rocks but for deep sandy beaches Iā€™m sure the bronco will be well suited with properly aired down tires

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've done plenty of rough camping off those fire roads. Sometimes the camps get muddy after rains and having more ground clearance helps in some of the camps that haven't been well cleared.

If Ford had offered more flexible options---33" tires on BD and Lux interior I may have gone that route. After doing a bunch of research, Sasquatch seemed worth the money. If I want to save money on gas/tire replacements then I can always go down to 33s. I figure the stock Goodyear 35s will get me through the first 20-25K miles. Plenty of time to weigh options for replacement.

We always stop in that Liberty in Churchville to fuel up and pick up a bag of Martin's BBQ Potato Chips!
A $900 set of 33s will fit on the BD steelies, so If I think I need 33s, I'm covered. Sasquatch for a 4-cyilnder manual transmission BD rig, which wasn't an option in MY '21, is an extra $6,000 for MY '22. I think that is a bit too steep for a few inches in lift (mostly from tires) and fancy Bilsteins. If I think the ride needs better dampening, shocks are any easy aftermarket fix. Yup, Squatch gets you the 210 axle up front, but I'm not sure I will really ever need it. For the extra $6K, it makes sense to move from the BD to the Badlands where you get the front axle, but then you get the auto swaybar, which I see breaking after a few years of corrosion on the underside.

For me a Black Diamond on 32s is good enough for 97% of my use case and is reasonably priced.

ProdigyJKU

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
*rushes to GOOGLE to find out what the hell a "mechanical torsen limited slip" is
It's a type of limited slip that uses gears instead of clutches in the differential to transfer the power to the other wheel. That way it never wears out like the clutch type that most vehicles come with.

Ford uses the Torsen in special applications like the Raptor or GT500.

Had a Detroit Tru-trac in my Wrangler and loved it. Handles way better on snow packed or icy roads that a locker. Works at any speed instead of just crawling like the lockers do, and does not affect the vehicles turning ability. 90% of Bronco are going to be daily drivers, so I would rather have something that useful the majority of the time, than just a fraction.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not taking the doors and top off? Why order one then. You have hundreds of other vehicles that will do the exact same thing. The only reason to order a Jeep or Bronco is to take doors and tops off!
Ford Bronco Just looking for a fun ride, not a mountain goat. 3D719121-2077-42F7-B19A-2C7EAF6B118D
Ford Bronco Just looking for a fun ride, not a mountain goat. 417A1D5B-F2BC-490A-AC42-DC2853C2DCB7
Ford Bronco Just looking for a fun ride, not a mountain goat. F39D1385-4018-4BEF-A27C-DD3E6B12EB8E
Ford Bronco Just looking for a fun ride, not a mountain goat. 1E003E35-663C-4EBA-9CE7-21B513F6C53F
Ford Bronco Just looking for a fun ride, not a mountain goat. 01C3B7F2-A5C6-4C68-9A4B-6E403C185667
Ford Bronco Just looking for a fun ride, not a mountain goat. 39F0AFD2-2A9E-417D-A09D-D565395376C1
Ford Bronco Just looking for a fun ride, not a mountain goat. 7CD5DAB1-67AE-45AA-A8BD-05A0CE5131E7

Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Good to read about not needing the rear locker for light off-roading.

In my rush to order I left off the rear locker on my BB and was thinking I screwed the pooch as they say.
I also left the locker off my big bend build. Partly because i feared it might delay me and make me miss out on AMB lol.

Other reason was I have never off roaded in my life. I think I'll like it but not sure lol. I know my bronco will be a pavement princess most of its life

Phil James

Base
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Fun to watch all the crazy off road stuff, but I (and most buyers?) will never do anything even close to that. Maybe a rough dirt road or some driving on a snowy road, possibly some sand, but other than that will be a pavement only ride. I will NEVER take the doors off. I will never take the roof panels off. I wanted a fun to drive cool looking vehicle. I have a big Bend coming (January build and I got the VIN) and the only off road option I ordered was a locking rear diff. 7 speed with 4 cylinder is fun to shift (test drove one and loved it!) and steering felt great in sport mode. 2 door is a nice size for parking lots and our increasingly crowded roads. Its nice to know I can do some off roading if needed, but not my reason for buying.
Exactly !! šŸ˜Š

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well at least I'm not the only one who doesn't care about removable roofs and doors ;)
Likewise. I also canā€™t wait for the deluxe model Bronco that competes directly with the Range Rover Defender. I think a fully electric Bronco is also in the not too distant future. Just glad Ford finally brought the Bronco back. There will be a model for everyone.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Me: Gimme a base 4D, limited slip, and a tow package powered by a 2.7.
Also Me: Standard Open diff? Oh, hell no. I just went from donā€™t really need a locker to gotta have a locker, possibly Sasquatch. Still fiddling with b&p.

OU812

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Exlporer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In my rush to order I left off the rear locker on my BB and was thinking I screwed the pooch as they say.
Has it been scheduled or delivered? You can modify an order before itā€™s converted.

After driving a Bronco for a day at the Off Roadeo, I decided to add Sasquatch to my Big Bend. It really make a difference on a trail. I will likely use it for 5% or less of the time I own the Bronco, but I want to take it on vacations to the Rockies and Utah and it will definitely come in handy there.

IMHO, It wont hurt resale, either.
Sponsored