Sponsored

Just looking for a fun ride, not a mountain goat.

JJ Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Has it been scheduled or delivered? You can modify an order before it’s converted.

After driving a Bronco for a day at the Off Roadeo, I decided to add Sasquatch to my Big Bend. It really make a difference on a trail. I will likely use it for 5% or less of the time I own the Bronco, but I want to take it on vacations to the Rockies and Utah and it will definitely come in handy there.

IMHO, It wont hurt resale, either.
It has a build date of November 18th so it's too late.
Sponsored

viffer07

Black Diamond
First Name
pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
chevy 2500 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don’t think it means anything. I got the hammock many weeks ago and the flag a little over a week ago. My build week is this coming week.
well tanks for nutin. anyway the hammock has been used a few times on motorcycle camping trips!

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Has it been scheduled or delivered? You can modify an order before it’s converted.

After driving a Bronco for a day at the Off Roadeo, I decided to add Sasquatch to my Big Bend. It really make a difference on a trail. I will likely use it for 5% or less of the time I own the Bronco, but I want to take it on vacations to the Rockies and Utah and it will definitely come in handy there.

IMHO, It wont hurt resale, either.
That’s ironic for me. I’m doing the exact opposite. After driving a BD Sas at the off roadeo, I realized I’m never going to use it to its potential. And I’ll never take my daily driver on trails we did at the off roadeo.
I went from a Base Sas, to a Big Bend.

tn3sport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 4x4, BMW, Mustang, several adventure bikes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FWIW, If you ever do go off-road, you'll be pleasantly amazed by how capable that vehicle is with just the rear locking diff. Enjoy your ride.

Sponsored

Lxatoledo

Wildtrak
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m working on a video that I’ll think you’ll enjoy and will focus more on the fun and cool driving aspect of the Bronco. Stay tuned!!
Like I tell people, "I know my rig can do it, but I'll be taking the by-pass. However, when there is no by-pass, I need to know the rig is capable."

Me--WT: Daily driver that I'm not going to horse whip, but I can rely on when necessary!!!

NurseDan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Fun to watch all the crazy off road stuff, but I (and most buyers?) will never do anything even close to that. Maybe a rough dirt road or some driving on a snowy road, possibly some sand, but other than that will be a pavement only ride. I will NEVER take the doors off. I will never take the roof panels off. I wanted a fun to drive cool looking vehicle. I have a big Bend coming (January build and I got the VIN) and the only off road option I ordered was a locking rear diff. 7 speed with 4 cylinder is fun to shift (test drove one and loved it!) and steering felt great in sport mode. 2 door is a nice size for parking lots and our increasingly crowded roads. Its nice to know I can do some off roading if needed, but not my reason for buying.
Same boat! Ordered 2DR, Big Bend, manual with locker. Will also be pretty much exact same use case. My excitement will only climb as it gets closer. (July 14/20 reso but only just converted to order Nov 2/21. Still a long way off)

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Honestly most people will never need a locking differential unless they plan on doing some actual off-roading. I had an FJ Cruiser for years and never once used the rear diff locker. Honestly I rarely used 4x4 in it. I do use 4x4 a lot in my diesel truck to avoid tearing up grass when moving trailers and getting firewood.

I ended up going base 7 speed manual, 2.3. I needed something newer and dependable that my fleet of classic cars so I will use it as a commuter. In 2021 it's hard to find a 3 year old Wrangler for what I will pay for a brand new Bronco base.

As time passes and aftermarket options surface I can always make a more capable, better vehicle.... and more likely much cheaper than trim levels available or I can keep it bone stock and just drive it like I plan.
Are you sure? If it had Limited Slip mode then you used it all the time. Myself I would not want (but maybe have) a rear diff lock that only works when selected by a button but instead one smart enough to engage on its own as needed, just like the 4wd automatic mode. I am running in 4A but could not tell you when or if the front axle ever gets power - it is seamless, quiet, unobtrusive and apparently works. I would expect my rear diff to act the same

bronco2drga

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Are you sure? If it had Limited Slip mode then you used it all the time. Myself I would not want (but maybe have) a rear diff lock that only works when selected by a button but instead one smart enough to engage on its own as needed, just like the 4wd automatic mode. I am running in 4A but could not tell you when or if the front axle ever gets power - it is seamless, quiet, unobtrusive and apparently works. I would expect my rear diff to act the same
Fj cruiser had a push button activated locker.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Since limited slips are being talked about in this thread...is there a reason the bronco has open diffs if you don't get the locker?

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Since limited slips are being talked about in this thread...is there a reason the bronco has open diffs if you don't get the locker?
If you did not have open diffs and were in fulltime 4wd it would take a city block to turn left (or right) and would wear out the tires. Or old school you would need locking hubs up front - think 1962 Scout. About the best most "4wd" vehicles get is a locking transfer case which will give you 2wd, one front and one rear - without locking (standard or "open" only the wheel with least traction gets power. Despite the definitions and claims, rarely do the two tires on an axle encounter the exact same resistance and thus receive equal power transmission. Just try with all your might to leave a dual tire patch with an open diff

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you did not have open diffs and were in fulltime 4wd it would take a city block to turn left (or right) and would wear out the tires. Or old school you would need locking hubs up front - think 1962 Scout. About the best most "4wd" vehicles get is a locking transfer case which will give you 2wd, one front and one rear - without locking (standard or "open" only the wheel with least traction gets power. Despite the definitions and claims, rarely do the two tires on an axle encounter the exact same resistance and thus receive equal power transmission. Just try with all your might to leave a dual tire patch with an open diff
f245c96d-1fdb-422d-9424-da78a8853575_text.gif

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

joez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am not sure why the limited slip is not an option. I think its because this truck has traction control, where the brakes will be applied to the spinning wheel.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am not sure why the limited slip is not an option. I think its because this truck has traction control, where the brakes will be applied to the spinning wheel.
My mustang had a limited slip and traction control
Sponsored