Sponsored

Just made my reservation with Granger! Not that anyone cares...

TXBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was a 2022 buyer from the start. Gotta get kids outa daycare before I can afford a car note comfortably. Realizing ANY dealer stock in the Houston area in 2022 will be marked WAY up, and deliveries will be going into 2022 anyway, my better half gave me the green light to drop the hundo on a reservation with @Granger Ford to secure the killer deal their offering. Best part, I get to spec and build my own vehicle, always wanted to!!!!
Side note, pretty sure I only got the green light because wife has family in Iowa she would like to see. She couldn't care less about my Bronco obsession ?
Sponsored

BaseMod

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If these Ford clowns offer a white top in the B&P I may join ya. If not, there's always MY22...

OP
OP
TXBronco

TXBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That's kinda what I'm counting on. I was down to wait until more/better options are introduced like a freaking white roof and cooled seats, but at this point my reservation is a 22YM so I'm hoping they will be available and can change up my order before VIN is issued

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If these Ford clowns offer a white top in the B&P I may join ya. If not, there's always MY22...
The B/P going live tomorrow won't have a white top. It will only have what is available for MY21. Even for late reservation holders like Austin (and I), we will have to submit a build based on the MY21 offerings. It is the time while other Broncos are built/delivered, MY22 options will become known. As long as the orders sit in the Unscheduled Order Bank without a VIN, changes can be made. I'm hopeful for obvious changes (White MIC top, exo-cage cargo rack, rear AC vent evolving from the MY21 mold trap to MY22 rear console vent, etc.)

OP
OP
TXBronco

TXBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The B/P going live tomorrow won't have a white top. It will only have what is available for MY21. Even for late reservation holders like Austin (and I), we will have to submit a build based on the MY21 offerings. It is the time while other Broncos are built/delivered, MY22 options will become known. As long as the orders sit in the Unscheduled Order Bank without a VIN, changes can be made. I'm hopeful for obvious changes (White MIC top, exo-cage cargo rack, rear AC vent evolving from the MY21 mold trap to MY22 rear console vent, etc.)
Exactly what I'm hoping for.
If not, I will still be happy and do a few mods to make it perfect

Sponsored

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was a 2022 buyer from the start. Gotta get kids outa daycare before I can afford a car note comfortably. Realizing ANY dealer stock in the Houston area in 2022 will be marked WAY up, and deliveries will be going into 2022 anyway, my better half gave me the green light to drop the hundo on a reservation with @Granger Ford to secure the killer deal their offering. Best part, I get to spec and build my own vehicle, always wanted to!!!!
Side note, pretty sure I only got the green light because wife has family in Iowa she would like to see. She couldn't care less about my Bronco obsession ?

We sure care! Thank you very much...

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Weird, I'm not planning on picking mine up until 2022 too and I'm from Houston and have my reservation with Granger. Thinking about stopping in Kansas City on the way back. Enjoyed my last brief stay there 10 years ago. They also have this badass sports restaurant / museum.

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am still confused on something. If I reserve now I will get in line for a MY22 Bronco.
Does that mean I will not convert the reservation to an order until late next summer AFTER the details related to option/color changes are released?

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
correct. A newly created reservation now would mean you get a 2022. The 2021 cutoff date is Sept. 18.

I am still confused on something. If I reserve now I will get in line for a MY22 Bronco.
Does that mean I will not convert the reservation to an order until late next summer AFTER the details related to option/color changes are released?

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

correct. A newly created reservation now would mean you get a 2022. The 2021 cutoff date is Sept. 18.
The way I understood the cutoff was that all reservation holders, even after the 9/18 cutoff, would convert their reservation to order during the open ordering period in Dec/Jan. At least that's how I understood it when all that information went down in the last week. I could very easily be wrong.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The way I understood the cutoff was that all reservation holders, even after the 9/18 cutoff, would convert their reservation to order during the open ordering period in Dec/Jan. At least that's how I understood it when all that information went down in the last week. I could very easily be wrong.
You are correct. All reservations, regardless of the 9/18 MY21 cutoff, must convert to an order by 1/31/21. Any reservations not converted are cancelled with the $100 refunded.

@JHawk You will have to submit your build by the deadline using MY21 B/P options. That order will be placed in the Unscheduled Order Bank and will not receive a VIN until it is moved to the Scheduled Order Bank. As long as there is no VIN assigned, changes can be made to the order including options that may be available to MY22 models.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I don't 100% understand what Ford is doing here. Yes, everyone will convert their reservations this Dec and January into an order. And yes, reservations/orders before 9/18 with be pulled out of order banks and produced.

The mystery is what happens to the reservation/orders after 9/18? I say no way they get pulled and they will sit in the order banks for months.

This is just a guess on my part BUT Ford has committed to producing all reservation on or before 9/18 and the only reason they want reservations after 9/18 in the order banks is IF they can build more Broncos than anticipated/budgeted.

What I am saying is that if they can produce all pre 9/18 orders and still have some production capacity left over than they will def pull more orders from the order banks.

Don't forget after B&P comes out tonight, I bet a few peeps will cancel their reservations. Any pre 9/18 cancellations means post 9/18 peeps will get a 2021 Bronco.

I hope the above makes sense.

BTW .. Granger mentioned in one of their post that 2021 orders that do not get produced in 2021 will be converted to 2022 and this would mean they have to submit a 2022 order.

Sponsored

Last edited: