Sponsored

Just me or has the Bronco hype hit a wall?

Axe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 2018 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The more I see the Bronco on the road which has been a few times a week the last six months being in the Detroit suburbs I am glad I passed on my reservation and picked up a 2021 F150. Yesterday at Home Depot when I came out and a four door Cactus Gray Badlands was parked next to me, I gave it a good look over and still not impressed on the overall quality, the black hardtop finish was nice but the fit was not consistent from one side to the other. To me unless the Bronco is loaded with options giving it a badass look with large tires its just going to end up the new soccer mom vehicle, the basic no frills Bronco is boring.
Because basic, no frills F150s really get the heart racing....also, for max edginess, you need to include the phrase "mall crawler" along with "soccer mom"....and of course you never see crew cab F150s with novelty beds at soccer matches.
Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The more I see the Bronco on the road which has been a few times a week the last six months being in the Detroit suburbs I am glad I passed on my reservation and picked up a 2021 F150. Yesterday at Home Depot when I came out and a four door Cactus Gray Badlands was parked next to me, I gave it a good look over and still not impressed on the overall quality, the black hardtop finish was nice but the fit was not consistent from one side to the other. To me unless the Bronco is loaded with options giving it a badass look with large tires its just going to end up the new soccer mom vehicle, the basic no frills Bronco is boring.
"Bronco is boring"...from a guy who bought the most commonly purchased vehicle in the world (and also a soccer mom favorite); a vehicle whose average age of buyer is 56, and which many more women (for his soccer mom drivel) will purchase this year (about 150,000 women buyers) than Broncos in TOTAL will be sold. Great take...so "boring" in fact that he stays on here instead of the F-150 forums....

Xploit

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
"Bronco is boring"...from a guy who bought the most commonly purchased vehicle in the world (and also a soccer mom favorite); a vehicle whose average age of buyer is 56, and which many more women (for his soccer mom drivel) will purchase this year (about 150,000 women buyers) than Broncos in TOTAL will be sold. Great take...so "boring" in fact that he stays on here instead of the F-150 forums....
The only reason he’s taking a crap on it is because he can’t get one. Sour grapes. Bronco is boring gave you away.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I wish it had hit a wall more for me. I really don’t need to be wasting my time checking for a window sticker or updates to the tracker every day (let’s be honest… multiple times per day), especially when I know when it will be built (2 weeks from today), so I know neither of those things will be there yet.

Still, I check anyway.

I will say I pretty much ignored the fact that I had a reservation from July to December successfully.

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm personally definitely tired of seeing images of it because there's really not much more for me to learn at this point. I'm looking forward to seeing images of people customizing theirs because that will give me ideas but as far as images from dealer events- not much reason to get too excited about that for me at this point. I also like everyone else wish we had more info at this point- little hard to get excited after that may email because i don't know if i have 6 months or 18 months till mine comes in!!

Sponsored

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You haven't seen the next gen Ranger yet. It's still a year or two out.

I was a bit disappointed in the release of the 2019... it had some shortfalls. What you seen was a warmed over version of the global Ranger made to fill a void in their line up and get back into the game. They did a pretty good job actually. The mid size truck market is competitive...

I expect Ford to go for best in class as they did with the Bronco.
Actually, the Ranger6g and Ranger5g forums are all excited about the upcoming 2022 Ranger. They provided several dates. (We know Ford plays with dates, but the Maverick showed us what Ford can do!)
2022 Ford Ranger sixth generation
09/13/2021 - 2022MY Order Bank Open Date.
10/14/2021 - 2022MY Scheduling Begins.
12/13/2021 - 2022MY Job #1 Date

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm personally definitely tired of seeing images of it because there's really not much more for me to learn at this point. I'm looking forward to seeing images of people customizing theirs because that will give me ideas but as far as images from dealer events- not much reason to get too excited about that for me at this point. I also like everyone else wish we had more info at this point- little hard to get excited after that may email because i don't know if i have 6 months or 18 months till mine comes in!!
Patience is a virtue...

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ha. It's not lack of patience. It's uncertainty
Not having a VIN and therefore not knowing whether it'll be a fall 2021 delivery or January 2023 delivery is kind of harrowing!
Don't sweat it, we will all get our VIN's in due course and after that your build date and then your ship date, and then... your Bronco. At which point, all the uncertainty will have evaporated. I think we are all safe to say that '22's will be in our driveways.

MCTLove

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Don't sweat it, we will all get our VIN's in due course and after that your build date and then your ship date, and then... your Bronco. At which point, all the uncertainty will have evaporated. I think we are all safe to say that '22's will be in our driveways.
Have been one of he lucky ones, have my VIN and build date. Been waiting from last July and can wait a few weeks longer. I was also extremely lucky to go down to Austin for Bronco Rodeo and now I am totally hyped about getting this thing but could wait another year just because I know how amazing this vehicle really is going to be.

Sponsored

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have been one of he lucky ones, have my VIN and build date. Been waiting from last July and can wait a few weeks longer. I was also extremely lucky to go down to Austin for Bronco Rodeo and now I am totally hyped about getting this thing but could wait another year just because I know how amazing this vehicle really is going to be.
Nice MCTLove, really happy for you and to read that you will be going to the Texas Rodeo as well. That is definitely a bonus.

If all lines up correctly, maybe you will be able to do the Rodeo in your own Bronco!

Make sure you post photos of your new ride in your driveway.

Just be aware that much envy will ensue...

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't care about the up and downs of hype. Either Ford will build mine on the 19th like they plan, or they won't.
What I will look for are road tests from the major magazines and feedback from people who get theirs before me. Feedback better be pretty stellar, or my dealer can sell my Bronco to a soccer mom.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm personally definitely tired of seeing images of it because there's really not much more for me to learn at this point.
I feel that. I don't click on most of the new pic threads. Once I saw the crisp pictures of the VB WT from BN then went to the demo with the BD and OBX, I was good.

MCTLove

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nice MCTLove, really happy for you and to read that you will be going to the Texas Rodeo as well. That is definitely a bonus.

If all lines up correctly, maybe you will be able to do the Rodeo in your own Bronco!

Make sure you post photos of your new ride in your driveway.

Just be aware that much envy will ensue...
I already got to go down to Austin 2 weeks ago and drove a 2 door Outerbanks. Was absolutely blown away by the capability of the Bronco. Ford hit this out of the park on what this vehicle can do off-roading not so much on the launch.

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I already got to go down to Austin 2 weeks ago and drove a 2 door Outerbanks. Was absolutely blown away by the capability of the Bronco. Ford hit this out of the park on what this vehicle can do off-roading not so much on the launch.
Hey that is good feedback. I was thinking of booking either their Nevada or Moab rodeo's as they are closer to Whistler than Texas. How was the track, did you find it quite challenging? Was it able to keep your attention and tax the Bronco's capabilities a bit? I would be interested in your feedback. Thanks!
Sponsored