Sponsored

Just me or has the Bronco hype hit a wall?

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My excitement hasn't hit a wall, but it has seemed to have plateaued. I'm really looking forward to the options being brought forward for MY '22. Then, BANG ZOOM - TO THE MOON!
Sponsored

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I already got to go down to Austin 2 weeks ago and drove a 2 door Outerbanks. Was absolutely blown away by the capability of the Bronco. Ford hit this out of the park on what this vehicle can do off-roading not so much on the launch.
Hey that is good feedback. I was thinking of booking either their Nevada or Moab rodeo's as they are closer to Whistler than Texas. How was the track, did you find it quite challenging? Was it able to keep your attention and tax the Bronco's capabilities a bit? I would be interested in your feedback. Thanks!

I already got to go down to Austin 2 weeks ago and drove a 2 door Outerbanks. Was absolutely blown away by the capability of the Bronco. Ford hit this out of the park on what this vehicle can do off-roading not so much on the launch.

MCTLove

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey that is good feedback. I was thinking of booking either their Nevada or Moab rodeo's as they are closer to Whistler than Texas. How was the track, did you find it quite challenging? Was it able to keep your attention and tax the Bronco's capabilities a bit? I would be interested in your feedback. Thanks!
The did a good job setting up the track nothing to challenging but enough to show what it was capable of handling. I am sure they had to keep in mind the different levels of drivers that they would be dealing with when setting up the course and not make it to hard on a novice but also not make it so easy that an experienced off-roader wouldn't have fun. They did a good job at hitting a balance between the two. Both drivers we had in our group where training to go Vegas to set that area up. Not sure when the opening of Vegas and Moab was going to be.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The more I see the Bronco on the road which has been a few times a week the last six months being in the Detroit suburbs I am glad I passed on my reservation and picked up a 2021 F150. Yesterday at Home Depot when I came out and a four door Cactus Gray Badlands was parked next to me, I gave it a good look over and still not impressed on the overall quality, the black hardtop finish was nice but the fit was not consistent from one side to the other. To me unless the Bronco is loaded with options giving it a badass look with large tires its just going to end up the new soccer mom vehicle, the basic no frills Bronco is boring.
But.... yet you still come to a BRONCO forum to post nonsense shit like this....

8361B4D7-4987-4C56-A94D-A37686AB7766.jpeg

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nah. If you take a step back and realize the mess we're working our way out of on the tail end of this pandemic it's not really that difficult to understand how we got here. It'll get sorted and they'll start cranking out the Broncos by the thousands for us.
yet I have not heard about other car manufacturers having as many issues with new vehicles

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The F150 is for soccer moms? I had no idea. But guess that could make sense

Being in the tri-state area gives an interesting take on the F150...Or really a LACK of perception...For those seen on the road more than half of them are legit work trucks with company labels on the side. You don’t see a ton of them (or at least nothing near what the US sales volumes would indicate) and those driven for personal use are probably the minority. My town has 8,000 people and I’d venture a guess that there are no more than two maybe three dozen F150s

As far as seeing an F150 at a parking lot for a kids sporting event, you might occasionally see one F150. But NEVER two. And even then, it’s the dads truck. Frankly, I can’t recall seeing an F150 being driven by a woman around here possibly ever...

Im know this is VASTLY different than most parts of the country, and this all sounds crazy to most... but it’s interesting how some regions could consider an F150 a soccer mom car, and other areas you have guys like me saying I don’t think I’ve ever even seen a woman here driving an F150

Last edited:

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yet I have not heard about other car manufacturers having as many issues with new vehicles
Other than Toyota , dodge, Chevy....

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're not paying much attention then. A couple of manufacturers didn't cut back their orders for chips as much as the others. They are doing slightly better. But the entirety of the supply chain is a mess in pretty much every sector of raw materials and assemblies.

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think I'm just sick of people asking me about "when I'm going to get my Bronco". I have no clue, quit asking me!

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The F150 is for soccer moms? I had no idea. But guess that could make sense

Being in the tri-state area gives an interesting take on the F150...Or really a LACK of perception...For those seen on the road more than half of them are legit work trucks with company labels on the side. You don’t see a ton of them (or at least nothing near what the US sales volumes would indicate) and those driven for personal use are probably the minority. My town has 8,000 people and I’d venture a guess that there are no more than two maybe three dozen F150s

As far as seeing an F150 at a parking lot for a kids sporting event, you might occasionally see one F150. But NEVER two. And even then, it’s the dads truck. Frankly, I can’t recall seeing an F150 being driven by a woman around here possibly ever...

Im know this is VASTLY different than most parts of the country, and this all sounds crazy to most... but it’s interesting how some regions could consider an F150 a soccer mom car, and other areas you have guys like me saying I don’t think I’ve ever even seen a woman here driving an F150
This is pretty funny. I don't know many families that don't own at least one full size truck. F150 is the baby, a lot of guys prefer the super duty. I saw my first Ranger in the wild not too long ago, cute little thing. My wife recently traded the expedition for a F150, but our kids don't play soccer. I'm keeping the super duty and adding a Bronco. This is Texas though lol.

Sponsored

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think I'm just sick of people asking me about "when I'm going to get my Bronco". I have no clue, quit asking me!
I think they wonder when you'll get yours because they see them driving around...the BRONCO sport.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've definitely hit a wall today. High point was at a Ford event a couple months ago, seeing two Broncos in person. Meant what I wrote after that - Ford hit a home run. But bottom line - I'm headed on vacation to Colorado - not in a Bronco. Vehicle photos and messing with reservations and build dates and emails doesn't cut it. :( And if this malarkey is still going on summer of 2022?!

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think they wonder when you'll get yours because they see them driving around...the BRONCO sport.
I've had so many people say "oh I saw your Bronco driving around the other day". :rolleyes:

*Bronco Sport

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is pretty funny. I don't know many families that don't own at least one full size truck. F150 is the baby, a lot of guys prefer the super duty. I saw my first Ranger in the wild not too long ago, cute little thing. My wife recently traded the expedition for a F150, but our kids don't play soccer. I'm keeping the super duty and adding a Bronco. This is Texas though lol.
Yeah. Its rare to have a truck for personal reasons around here. Like very few people would even think to consider a pick up truck as an option for hauling stuff when you could simply get an SUV. Nor does it really carry over a 'cool' vibe from the younger crowd and up. it’s unfortunate...

Seeing a mom driving, let alone wanting, a pick up would be a very strange sight. Again, at least in my little dense suburb in NJ. Most cars are european/japanese since leasing is the preferred method due to lower mileage needs...and those brands lease better. I guess a lot of people commute to NYC on public transportation, so most stables are for example an 3-series lease for $400/mo as an around towner, and MDX, etc for mom. If you look at local newspapers, or the NY Times, almost all car ads are lease deals.

anyway, wish I saw more big American trucks roaming the streets and being put to use.

Last edited:

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, in somewhat wealthy suburbia...lot's of F-150s. My kid's hockey team probably has half the families with pick-ups as the primary. Nearly a million a year sold...with almost 160,000 to women (WAY more women buy F-150 than Wrangler for example)....they go somewhere.
Sponsored