Sponsored

Just me or has the Bronco hype hit a wall?

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yeah. Its rare to have a truck for personal reasons around here. Like very few people would even think to consider a pick up truck as an option for hauling stuff when you could simply get an SUV. Nor does it really carry over a 'cool' vibe from the younger crowd and up. Seeing a mom driving, let alone wanting, a pick up would be a very strange sight. Again, at least in my little dense suburb in NJ. Most cars are european/japanese since leasing is the preferred method due to lower mileage needs...and those brands lease better. I guess a lot of people commute to NYC on public transportation, so most stables are for example an 3-series lease for $400/mo as an around towner, and MDX, etc for mom. If you look at local newspapers, or the NY Times, almost all car ads are lease deals
Ya thatā€™s definitely a regional thing too. I honestly donā€™t know anyone that has ever leased a vehicle.
Sponsored

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah. Its rare to have a truck for personal reasons around here. Like very few people would even think to consider a pick up truck as an option for hauling stuff when you could simply get an SUV. Nor does it really carry over a 'cool' vibe from the younger crowd and up. Seeing a mom driving, let alone wanting, a pick up would be a very strange sight. Again, at least in my little dense suburb in NJ. Most cars are european/japanese since leasing is the preferred method due to lower mileage needs...and those brands lease better. I guess a lot of people commute to NYC on public transportation, so most stables are for example an 3-series lease for $400/mo as an around towner, and MDX, etc for mom. If you look at local newspapers, or the NY Times, almost all car ads are lease deals
That's actually cool to hear about other regions vehicle choices. I'm in Oklahoma which means every other vehicle is a truck. The majority of the other half are SUV's which leaves typical "cars" around 15-20%. I only know 1 person who leases a vehicle and he does that through his personal business. When my daughter turned 16 her vehicle of choice was a Tacoma pickup.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well's here's some insight, using myself as an example - I'm putting over $25k down just to back into a $500/mo payment to finance, because I've never purchased a car before, and always had <$400/mo leases. Like I cant fathom a big car payment because throughout my entire life in the area, everything has been $xxx/mo lease deal. So my brain is set to think - $900/mo finance payment? That's like leasing a ___!!....And couple that with the fact that I also walk to the train station, the Bronco literally wont move from my driveway 4 or 5 days a week, and wont get more than 5-7k miles a year. When you're leaving your house on foot more times than behind the wheel, its much harder to stomach a higher payment, or else it will feel like a paperweight in your driveway. Imagine walking past your car almost everyday knowing itā€™s costing you for example 1,000/mo? Youā€™d grow to hate the car and the experience...

So you could start to see why people flock to the better leasing brands, and try to get the low mileage / low monthly lease deal. It's just easier to deal with...again, specific to my area...

Last edited:

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You're not paying much attention then. A couple of manufacturers didn't cut back their orders for chips as much as the others. They are doing slightly better. But the entirety of the supply chain is a mess in pretty much every sector of raw materials and assemblies.
There is a crop load of Chevy TRAILBOSS on the lots

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
There is a crop load of Chevy TRAILBOSS on the lots
The dealers around me have 1/2 new trucks to sell. Theyā€™re being sold before delivery. I attended a bronco event two days ago and they only had rangers in stock.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The dealers around me have 1/2 new trucks to sell. Theyā€™re being sold before delivery. I attended a bronco event two days ago and they only had rangers in stock.
but my point is that the Bronco has more issues then just not getting chips for them .

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
but my point is that the Bronco has more issues then just not getting chips for them .
Yes we all know, but this a new redesigned vehicle meant to compete with a Jeep, door removal, top removal and all the other off road features that the bronco gives us, these are new issues and design issues that ā€œotherā€ car manufacturers arenā€™t dealing with...

GrayGhostDog

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's because the Bronco is a totally new vehicle. The entire automotive industry is hurting in some way, shape, or form. The timing of the release(during a pandemic) turned out to be more of an issue than any of us thought...

Xploit

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think they wonder when you'll get yours because they see them driving around...the BRONCO sport.
Definitely.. I get it all the time... hey I saw the bronco , pretty nice! I have to correct them and then show them a picture to prove that they haven't seen it.

Sponsored

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

These Ford issues have now started to outweigh all the excitement I had for my new Bronco. Now just feels like a pipe dream. šŸ™ƒ
Well, you guys have measured everything there is to measure on the Bronco, we've seen all the colors, tires, accessories, videos of people sitting in Broncos so not much left to do but wait and see who quits and what they end up buying. Yep, a wall has been hit unless there is something left to measure like the lug nuts or something.

Fold

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Kia EV6, Mach E, Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have certainly found myself looking at other vehicles. I certainly understand the supply chain issues, but I also feel as though Ford actively fanned the flames of hype, only to fail to deliver on promises. When the May projection email update finally came, we were presented a long-form equivalent of "oops; my bad." I was extremely underwhelmed by the attempt at a mea culpa followed by a return to radio silence.
Sponsored