Sponsored

Just me or has the Bronco hype hit a wall?

Musclecarconvrt

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Bronco, 1969 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's hard to stay excited about something that keeps getting moved just out of reach. I may have to buy temporary transportation at this point. My old 87 Bronco is soldering on, but I'm more worried every trip to work that something too important is going to fall off before the new on can take its place. It is disheartening.
Sponsored

Musclecarconvrt

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Bronco, 1969 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I still haven’t been able to see one in person (up close at least). Haven’t heard of any Broncos in San Antonio. I’m still excited for the day, some day, when I will get the call from my dealership that my bronco is ready, but I’m not holding my breath for a quick build/delivery. It would be nice if my dealer would reach out every so often, but crickets only.

I was still very pumped until the email Friday. It took most of the wind out of my sails. When you can’t even guess on a build date it makes it so hard to stay enthusiastic.
^this^

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands non-sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nah. If you take a step back and realize the mess we're working our way out of on the tail end of this pandemic it's not really that difficult to understand how we got here. It'll get sorted and they'll start cranking out the Broncos by the thousands for us.
This seems to be the one thing that people don't understand. This shit, that's happening now, is unprecedented. Never in the modern age has such a wide spread pandemic level virus taken out literally millions of people and caused so much chaos. Nobody could have predicted the seemingly random ways it has affected the economy. Ford is not magic, they can't just conjure up parts out of thin air. Yes they used poor judgment with regards to their timing of this release. But they are dealing with the issues however they can, just like each and every one of us. Although, I agree they could be more communicative. Still it's not just Ford you have no choice but to be patient with, it's the entire human race.

People are all out of sorts no doubt, but even if you personally weren't affected, or you believe its all a hoax, the rest of us living in the real world were, and have seen firsthand that it's not. And yes, some of US work at places like Ford, to provide something we should all consider ourselves slightly more fortunate to have the opportunity, and still have the luxury and/or financial ability to afford, during a global pandemic.

TL;DR;
Fucking be patient, because a) you have no choice, and because b) that's it, you literally have zero fucking choice in the matter. Hurry up and wait.

Last edited:

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hoping my day 2 reservation is in the next batch of builds. If not, I'll deal with it. Unprecedented times...

ColbyFromBama

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I went through a phase where I began to lose interest waiting for my Bronco. But when I looked around at possible alternatives, none existed other than a Jeep. And when you start looking at value, the Bronco is far better than a Jeep. So I decided to wait...

...And sure enough the next Thursday, I was emailed a build date. And trust me, once you get your VIN, the wait feels worth it.

Sponsored

Deleted member 18388

No other manual 4x4 I can get from Ford, Chevy, or Ram. Been wanting to find a manual 7.3 or Cummins. But they either don't exist in the midwest anymore, or are $50k used. So I'm in it for the long haul.

Last edited by a moderator:

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
For sure the hype and excitement is down- at least for me. With the wait time extended to who knows now, I am thinking different things- investing and modding my current vehicles instead. I have also not seen any commercials advertising the Broncos. I was seeing a few of them within 6 months of the debut. It's probably due to the significant and ongoing delays.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
No one is making anyone wait. If you think Ford screwed you then go buy a jeep or a Toyota. Just cancel your reservation so that those are willing to wait can move up in line and not have to read these redundant selfish post about me me me and that Ford screwed me.

Sponsored

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nope, mine has only increased.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A large part of the problem is that many people allowed themselves to become too emotionally vested in this one vehicle. The good, bad, this has really bothered people more than it should.

The Bronco is a very cool vehicle, and it looks to be a fun one also. All that said, it is just a vehicle. Period. it is not a bridge to happiness. Ford is not responsible for your hurt feelings or anger.

Too many people have hyped this vehicle to an unreasonable level, good and bad. Even a perfect roll out would leave many people disappointed.

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, I can only take so many door handle measurement threads, off-road test-ride reports, and model comparison discussions. It's almost been a year since reservation and I'm just over not having it, or knowing when I could have it. I'm getting more enjoyment out of cross-shopping right now. Firing off an email this morning actually, so I may soon have a new vehicle to enjoy, and that's something to be excited about.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak