Sponsored

Just me or has the Bronco hype hit a wall?

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think another one of the big issues is that we still do not know a lot of key information. They have not released official stats on a lot of things that are basic and important. It makes no sense, how are they going to release something, and us purchase it without real information. Most of the info we have is just guesstimates, measurements made with bananas, whenever someone asks something bout quality - they say preproduction. It's BS. That is why I have a build date and VIN number but I am still looking at Jeep. I know what I am getting. This Bronco purchase is just a gamble. No official information from Ford. My idea would be to put out an official release, with Mike Levine or someone really high up - explain everything to everyone - so there are no questions what we will be buying or ordering or waiting for.
Sponsored

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Buy the lease out and sell the car when the Bronco arrives, have you seen used car prices?? NADA and KBB suggest a private party sale of more than I bought my Passport for a year ago. My fiancés Kia went up 4k in resale in the last 6 months.

I don't take the Bronco as an extremely practical vehicle 🤷‍♂️ towing is mediocre at best, rear seat accommodates only two child seats, mileage is poor, step-in is rather high for a daily, and has a high cost associated with in when comparing other SUV's with similar amenities. So that being said the "I'm not waiting and buying xxxx" come off as never interested in it to me and I don't care who that offends. I will wait until mine comes and be happy as all get out when I can start putting it through its paces off-road.
Some people can't just buy out their lease, and there is nothing that says used car prices are going to be just as high when the Bronco finally gets delivered (which, for many, could/will be next year). The prices will definitely not stay high forever.

I'm not in any situation with a lease or a failing vehicle. Could not have been more excited about the Bronco and if I had a build date, I'd wait. I wanted it, and I DO want it, but I guess I'm not ride-or-die about it... or I'm not a masochist.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some people can't just buy out their lease, and there is nothing that says used car prices are going to be just as high when the Bronco finally gets delivered (which, for many, could/will be next year). The prices will definitely not stay high forever.

I'm not in any situation with a lease or a failing vehicle. Could not have been more excited about the Bronco and if I had a build date, I'd wait. I wanted it, and I DO want it, but I guess I'm not ride-or-die about it... or I'm not a masochist.
Used car prices have been high for some time, the pandemic just helped that even more.

Sounds like you fall in that never really intended category ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Jdc

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think another one of the big issues is that we still do not know a lot of key information. They have not released official stats on a lot of things that are basic and important. It makes no sense, how are they going to release something, and us purchase it without real information. Most of the info we have is just guesstimates, measurements made with bananas, whenever someone asks something bout quality - they say preproduction. It's BS. That is why I have a build date and VIN number but I am still looking at Jeep. I know what I am getting. This Bronco purchase is just a gamble. No official information from Ford. My idea would be to put out an official release, with Mike Levine or someone really high up - explain everything to everyone - so there are no questions what we will be buying or ordering or waiting for.
And what information is it that you haven't been told yet?

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m still excited, but the last few days I’ve definitely felt the hype wear off a bit. Don’t get me wrong, I still am eagerly awaiting it, but after that last update from Ford I suppose it was just the icing on the cake. I even find myself browsing other vehicles, albeit highly unlikely to buy something else, never know!

Sponsored

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It hasn't hit the wall for me and after seeing a Bronco IRL for the first time yesterday, my hype is at an all-time high.

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And what information is it that you haven't been told yet?
I am looking for more of an official channel of information, rather than videos from influencers, or from BroncoNation. Other sources have been from people measuring cargo spaces, measuring door heights. Looking at the engine saying - oh they will definitely make a cover. I would like to hear from the horse's mouth. Most videos have a feel of "I'm not really sure" or some basic piece of information that is incorrect. Even the video made by the 2 ladies about the interior materials had misinformation in it. I am just looking for a real source of information, direct from Ford market/sales and engineering. At this point in the game, we're still guessing about a lot of things.
Ford has all this information - why not put out a definitive guide and a clear message, endorsed by Ford, not some your tuber, racer, or marketing firm with kids in plaid shirts.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm not necessarily over the hype of the Bronco
But I am getting close to being over the hype of this forum

Sometimes I wonder if I logged into

SuicideHotline.com/Forum
or
HatersAnonymous.com/forum

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am looking for more of an official channel of information, rather than videos from influencers, or from BroncoNation. Other sources have been from people measuring cargo spaces, measuring door heights. Looking at the engine saying - oh they will definitely make a cover. I would like to hear from the horse's mouth. Most videos have a feel of "I'm not really sure" or some basic piece of information that is incorrect. Even the video made by the 2 ladies about the interior materials had misinformation in it. I am just looking for a real source of information, direct from Ford market/sales and engineering. At this point in the game, we're still guessing about a lot of things.
Ford has all this information - why not put out a definitive guide and a clear message, endorsed by Ford, not some your tuber, racer, or marketing firm with kids in plaid shirts.
Could you sound any less crotchety?

Sponsored

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am looking at bronco sports and thinking but then I go........... Naw can't do it

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Could you sound any less crotchety?

Probably not. Look I am just looking for solid information rather than having to piece together information about the Bronco. Don't try to tell me that is not true. As far as crotchety - asking for clear facts from the manufacturer is how business decisions are done. Hopefully, when Ford is spec'ing out materials for the Bronco or the other cars they make, they are not buying the materials based off on a you tubers opinion, or a marketing firm's limited knowledge or a forum's guess as to which steel is stronger for their rollbars. I would hope they have true facts to make decisions from. I wish we had the same. I am sure every day the facts become clearer, but having to piece it all together was not what a lot of people signed up for.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
2021/2022 I don't consider this a tough one to answer at this point.
Yeah, you seem to know everything. Day two reservation and they can't even tell me if i am getting it in 2021 or 2022. That's pretty sad.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
9-17-2021
That might be the MY21 wall. This could be the final non-FE build scheduling for November and with it MY21
Sponsored