Sponsored

Just me or has the Bronco hype hit a wall?

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Probably not. Look I am just looking for solid information rather than having to piece together information about the Bronco. Don't try to tell me that is not true. As far as crotchety - asking for clear facts from the manufacturer is how business decisions are done. Hopefully, when Ford is spec'ing out materials for the Bronco or the other cars they make, they are not buying the materials based off on a you tubers opinion, or a marketing firm's limited knowledge or a forum's guess as to which steel is stronger for their rollbars. I would hope they have true facts to make decisions from. I wish we had the same. I am sure every day the facts become clearer, but having to piece it all together was not what a lot of people signed up for.
To the point, what piece of information are you unable to find or hasn't been communicated to you?
Sponsored

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am looking for more of an official channel of information, rather than videos from influencers, or from BroncoNation. Other sources have been from people measuring cargo spaces, measuring door heights. Looking at the engine saying - oh they will definitely make a cover. I would like to hear from the horse's mouth. Most videos have a feel of "I'm not really sure" or some basic piece of information that is incorrect. Even the video made by the 2 ladies about the interior materials had misinformation in it. I am just looking for a real source of information, direct from Ford market/sales and engineering. At this point in the game, we're still guessing about a lot of things.
Ford has all this information - why not put out a definitive guide and a clear message, endorsed by Ford, not some your tuber, racer, or marketing firm with kids in plaid shirts.
I would think Ford.com would have more Info, pictures, vids, interactive info, etc than it does.

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Still excited but starting to question my sanity in spending the amount of money I’m committing to without having driven it.

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Used car prices have been high for some time, the pandemic just helped that even more.

Sounds like you fall in that never really intended category ;)
Some cars lease well because of artificially high residual values. Yes, my BMW falls into that category and I knew that when I signed the lease and I'm okay with it. Residual is $30,888 (not including the 8 payments I have remaining) and the most I've been able to get a quote for from Vroom is $28,600...Carvana and Carmax are even less.

So, to say everyone falls in certain buckets is easy when the reality is the everyone is in their own bucket and has to make decisions that is best for him/herself. That's why I'm always planning with as many options as possible so that I can react appropriately once I get new information.

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
can't name a similar vehicle that has created as much hype and anticipation as the return of the Bronco. 120k orders, Ford sold Just over 100k Rangers in 2020 so consider that.
Tesla Cybertruck

Exactly the same? No, but close to the same category and 650k reservations. I realize there may be issues with the rollout, but that is on a much larger scale. Plus, I'm just responding to the comment of hype and anticipation.

Sponsored

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some cars lease well because of artificially high residual values. Yes, my BMW falls into that category and I knew that when I signed the lease and I'm okay with it. Residual is $30,888 (not including the 8 payments I have remaining) and the most I've been able to get a quote for from Vroom is $28,600...Carvana and Carmax are even less.

So, to say everyone falls in certain buckets is easy when the reality is the everyone is in their own bucket and has to make decisions that is best for him/herself. That's why I'm always planning with as many options as possible so that I can react appropriately once I get new information.
If there is a will, there is a way. Pain and simple. Case and point ... you are cross shopping an electric BMW sedan 😆 I understand a Wrangler, or possibly a 4Runner, ZR2, Tremor, Raptor but an electric sedan 😆 you've even said "... I was/am never going to off-road my Bronco anyway..." so what was the point in the first place?

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tesla Cybertruck

Exactly the same? No, but close to the same category and 650k reservations. I realize there may be issues with the rollout, but that is on a much larger scale. Plus, I'm just responding to the comment of hype and anticipation.
I guess I didn't realize the Cybertruck was a body on frame 4x4 with a removeable roof 😲

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If there is a will, there is a way. Pain and simple. Case and point ... you are cross shopping an electric BMW sedan 😆 I understand a Wrangler, or possibly a 4Runner, ZR2, Tremor, Raptor but an electric sedan 😆 you've even said "... I was/am never going to off-road my Bronco anyway..." so what was the point in the first place?
I didn't realize there was a requirement for people to use their personal vehicle in a specific way. I better start knocking on doors making sure Wrangler owners are going off-road and pickup truck drivers are hauling things! Minivan drivers better have kids to haul, anyone with a sports car better be heading to the track, and don't get me started on those Tesla people! If they're not, I'll make sure to ask them what the point is.

I'll make sure to report back with updates.

zrizik99

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 2016
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am less excited for sure, but trying to hang on. The F150 Tremor sounds better right now.

Sponsored

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn't realize there was a requirement for people to use their personal vehicle in a specific way. I better start knocking on doors making sure Wrangler owners are going off-road and pickup truck drivers are hauling things! Minivan drivers better have kids to haul, anyone with a sports car better be heading to the track, and don't get me started on those Tesla people! If they're not, I'll make sure to ask them what the point is.

I'll make sure to report back with updates.
I look forward to the results of this.

• Haha
Reactions: Jdc

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The hype is still very real.......but after 11 months of dissecting every image, information dump and the memos on allocation process, the reality has set in on the expected delivery timing of it all.

Whenever it arrives, I believe it will be stellar.

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
While I don't owe anyone an explanation, I don't mind engaging in the conversation.

Why? Well, why not? If this last year has taught me anything, it's to enjoy all of life's experiences. Buying an electric car is just as new of an experience for me as an off-roader...so similar, but different.

What other new experiences am I doing? Got a State Parks parking pass to enjoy the outdoors more, bought a 40# weight vest last fall so that I could train and do the memorial Murph workout this past weekend with it on and there are going to be others I haven't thought of yet. Maybe I'll do more with the Bronco than I could imagine right now.

With an electric car? Drive clean, promote the environment, still go to state parks knowing I'm not damaging it.

Also, what percentage of 4Runner or Wrangler owners actually take them off-road?
Sponsored