Sponsored

Just me or has the Bronco hype hit a wall?

Upora

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler JKU, 2013 BMW 135i LE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
These Ford issues have now started to outweigh all the excitement I had for my new Bronco. Now just feels like a pipe dream. 🙃
well, tbh with you, when Town and Country confirmed that adaptive Cruise is not the real adaptive cruise, I kinda lost all hype and hope for the Bronco. Might as well buy a new JK, it has full stop and go.

Really completely bummed… 😞
Sponsored

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Currently waiting patiently. My plan has been to keep my F150 and add the Bronco. However, I may consider trading the F150 for a 2022 Ranger while staying on track for the Bronco. With that plan I could take delivery of a new Ranger prior to my day-one reservation for a Bronco. :)

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m still hyped as hell still but I’ll be curious if Ford makes some serious changes to the interior (moar cup holders plz) within 2-3 model years. I absolutely LOVE the interior in the Maverick, there’s a ton of stuff in there that Bronco should have. (Feature wise, I don’t mind the actual design of the Bronco interior.)

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
ditto to all of this! I considered a jeep prior to reserving a Bronco but honestly would rather shell out a pretty penny for a vintage 60s bronco than any kind of jeep. Jeeps just arent my cuppa tea in the design department, but would fulfill the outdoors off-roading driving Im
Interested in to get me where I want to go for the hiking, mountain biking, trail running bit.
just out of sheer curiosity, what about the bronco are people interested in for the utility bit? Please no one take offense that Im asking (I’ve noticed a lot of that on here lately hence why I’ve taken a bit of a hiatus 😬) I really thought that the vehicle served the more outdoors for fun niche and im just curious if people will be using it for work? Would love to see the Bronco being used as a utility vehicle just not sure in what job market y’all are looking to utilize it for.
I interpreted them referring to utility, as using it for what it's capable of (off roading, rock climbing)

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Until my SO and I went to Utah and all 5 national parks over new years, did some light off-roading in an F-Pace :LOL: , and saw all the 4Runners and Wranglers in the areas we were in we didn't know what we wanted to get as a second vehicle. Drove a 4Runner, Wrangler, RDX, Outback XT, Venza, Sorento, Crosstrek, Bronco Sport and rented an F-Pace. The Jeep attributes and modularity with the modern 60's styling that is far and above more attractive than a Wrangler is what sold us. My SO can't wait to daily it to work and we both can't wait to take the dog and some gear on a weekend excursion off the pavement and away from the hustle and bustle of the metro.
Yes to all of this! And I guess to bring it back to the OPs original question, I’m still pretty hyped about the Bronco!

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
well, tbh with you, when Town and Country confirmed that adaptive Cruise is not the real adaptive cruise, I kinda lost all hype and hope for the Bronco. Might as well buy a new JK, it has full stop and go.

Really completely bummed… 😞
I take it you do a lot of highway driving

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I didn't hate the way the driver positioning is in the Tacoma I'd probably have one. Great dependable truck.
Pretty much fixed with the 2020's and power seat. You can finally move it up and down. Wife has a 2020 Pro and loves it.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
ditto to all of this! I considered a jeep prior to reserving a Bronco but honestly would rather shell out a pretty penny for a vintage 60s bronco than any kind of jeep. Jeeps just arent my cuppa tea in the design department, but would fulfill the outdoors off-roading driving Im
Interested in to get me where I want to go for the hiking, mountain biking, trail running bit.
just out of sheer curiosity, what about the bronco are people interested in for the utility bit? Please no one take offense that Im asking (I’ve noticed a lot of that on here lately hence why I’ve taken a bit of a hiatus 😬) I really thought that the vehicle served the more outdoors for fun niche and im just curious if people will be using it for work? Would love to see the Bronco being used as a utility vehicle just not sure in what job market y’all are looking to utilize it for.
By "utility" I meant utilizing (for real) the key functionalities of an item. Compared to mostly imagining using the functionalities.

The image owner can still get to the store this weekend in her/his car no problem. But the utility buyer, to drive up a rough trail this weekend, literally needs to utilize the functionalities of a Bronco (or some other 4x4), to accomplish that task.

Note - I'm not making a judgement regarding utility vs image owners, just pointing out the difference and how it relates to waiting for a Bronco.

Td66

Wildtrak
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 runner, 2 Mazda 3s
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nope, have my wife wanting me to not only get the Bronco, but also, a pickup for other tasks. Think about my imaginary Bronco daily at this point!

Thane

Badlands
First Name
Thane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 FJ Cruiser, 21 JLURXR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford doesn't even try to keep order holders psyched up.

The website is so anemic on information, a reservation number and added order date... wrong preview image, does not keep up with order revisions...

Complete fail.

Sponsored

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford doesn't even try to keep order holders psyched up.

The website is so anemic on information, a reservation number and added order date... wrong preview image, does not keep up with order revisions...

Complete fail.
But they DID send me an invite to reserve a Maverick! :cautious: :ROFLMAO:

I've spoken with a few dealers of my alternate plan. Haven't pulled the trigger yet because I was sort of hoping to grab a dealer stock delivery over placing an order, though the 3ish month delivery time is both reasonable and would probably still beat my VINless Bronco.

Could not be more disappointed with Ford, not just with the poorly planned top issue and "reservation order matters except it doesn't" thing, but overall poor communication. It has and continues to be just so terrible.

RiverRat001

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Fusion, 18 Grand Caravan, 78 F250, 81 CB750F
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is exactly the user group I fall into as well

Always was an outdoorsy kid. The type to climb trees at 6 and fall out of them. Love nature. Love hiking and mountain biking and camping and kayaking. But I never tied those activities to a vehicle before until the Bronco was revealed. I would be lying if i said the image wasn't a major factor. But the utility, or promise of it, is what keeps me on board despite the delays.

We (wife and i) did want a jeep as a weekend fun vehicle for years now. But feels like the Bronco scratches that jeep itch and then some
This guy gets it.

j_4260

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3, Ducati M620, BMW GSA 1200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The "OMG I have to have it!" hype has waned a bit for me. But as others have mentioned, I've always been an outdoorsy person, and the last year with shelter-in-place, I've gotten more outside time than before.

The Bronco also kind of solidified my future lifestyle of taking advantage of the outdoors while we still can. Part of me feels like a lot of the things I enjoy today won't be there in a decade or so.

I'm still excited but patiently waiting for that production email to come through.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
i have intentionally ratchet down my excitement level as a defense mechanism to help me keep my sanity.

Once I know it is on its way my excitement will be sky high again.

watching the TV commercial blending the old and the new keeps the passion burning in the interim

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm still, for now, patiently waiting it out by relying on this forum as a fairly poor replacement for actually having one. It's hard to get too excited right now since, barring any additional delays, my Grangtober build is still probably another year (or more :oops:) off. By then they will be "old news" and my excitement will be about what I'll be able to do with it rather than the novelty of something new or different.
Sponsored