Sponsored

Just me or has the Bronco hype hit a wall?

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Bronco has lost its shine for me, as a matter of fact I hate the Bronco now.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Upora

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler JKU, 2013 BMW 135i LE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I take it you do a lot of highway driving
Yes unfortunately I do alot of driving for work. I was hoping the Bronco would be my work vehicle replacement. (4D JK atm)

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Bronco has lost its shine for me, as a matter of fact I hate the Bronco now.
Same for me. In fact I hate horses now too.

Ahh who am I kidding. Be right back. I have to call my dealer to change my build again.

Upora

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm watching my down payment grow in my brokerage account. I'm making a killing on the semiconductor stocks.

SOXX if you like chips
SOXL if you like chips and you are aggressive
HIT up CLOV stock on its dip this week!!!

Sponsored

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm excited but have Bronco fatigue for sure.

2021 is almost half over and these things still aren't on the road.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pretty much fixed with the 2020's and power seat. You can finally move it up and down. Wife has a 2020 Pro and loves it.
Just sat in a brand new Pro, still feels like my legs are straight out in front of me like I was driving a sedan. Do not want.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

well, tbh with you, when Town and Country confirmed that adaptive Cruise is not the real adaptive cruise, I kinda lost all hype and hope for the Bronco. Might as well buy a new JK, it has full stop and go.

Really completely bummed… 😞
I don't understand why they gave Bronco the neutered ACC. High price on the package and it doesn't get the standard Stop and Go, really sucks. Thanks to the stupid Ranger we get a lot of hand me down missing features.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has the Bronco lost its hype? No, but I am starting to be a little bit more realistic about it's use as a family hauler.

One week i'll be thinking "OMG, I am getting it in a few months"...and another week will be - "eh, I should probably be thinking about shopping for a second family hauler to replace my wife's sedan - wait - why am I getting the bronco again??? "....to..."even if it doesnt serve it's purpose, i still cant walk away at this point, so if it gets demoted in 1 month, 6 months, or 2 years, so be it"

It is going to be frustrating to see my 5-2”wife struggle to get a baby in and out of a sasquatched bronco, and realize immediately that I need to swap out the second vehicle for something more appropriate.

At the end of the day, i'll probably just chalk it up to the fact that I ordered $15k on extra options on what is really a toy, not a family hauler, and i could have gotten a $45k build instead of $60k. I guess I'm okay with that, given I'll have it for a very long time. Plus honestly, I don’t like the idea of kids messing up my bronco. Deep down I kind of want to demote it to a toy

Sponsored

Mike777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I want to see some Bronco DNA bleed over to the Ranger. If it does... the Ranger is really a better fit for what I want/need.

If I go Ranger... I will wait to see what the used Bronco Market looks like in a few years. If it's out of control... I will most likely build a Bronco II trail rig.
Honestly, I had a chance to take a look at all of the new midsize trucks at the Auto Show. The Ranger is a pretty big disappointment in comparison to the GMC Canyon for creature comforts or Toyota Tacoma if you want more off roading. I'd take a look at those 2 first.

Upora

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't understand why they gave Bronco the neutered ACC. High price on the package and it doesn't get the standard Stop and Go, really sucks. Thanks to the stupid Ranger we get a lot of hand me down missing features.
The baby Bronco has all the great 360 pilot features. The Broncos lux is a dud in the end. Like a Monet painting…

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

don't beat me up for getting a MY21 scheduled, but I'm kind of pissed for getting a '21 model sometime in Sep or later this year ..... that's when the next year models are starting to roll out

Xploit

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't get this post at all. Those of us who have broncos coming in this summer have seen every picture and every angle. Some of us have seen the actual truck, while most of us have not. Right now its all about waiting till there is solid new information, like a road test from a major (RT/CD etc) and waiting for delivery. The hype didn't die down at all, I would say its actually increased as I have heard from many others who never uttered the word Bronco and are now doing so. Mine should be here late July and when it does , I am sure I will be happy and it will have been worth the wait.

X-
Sponsored