Sponsored

Just me or has the Bronco hype hit a wall?

Bronco2021RV

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura rdx
Your Bronco Model
Base
You mean that ordering something two months ago (with money down of at least $100 for almost a year) with an ETA promise that was reneged upon and subsequently being told via a mass and impersonal email timed to ruin the first holiday weekend since February that you won't be getting an ETA is making the process un-fun? That's crazy talk! You're crazy.
Could you imagine if you where one of the people that put down a non refundable deposit with some bone headed dealer. Now they hold your money and just laugh.🤨
Sponsored

Bronco2021RV

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura rdx
Your Bronco Model
Base
don't beat me up for getting a MY21 scheduled, but I'm kind of pissed for getting a '21 model sometime in Sep or later this year ..... that's when the next year models are starting to roll out
Just for other Brands. The bronco 2022 Doesn’t open orders until like December

GrayGhostDog

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't understand why they gave Bronco the neutered ACC. High price on the package and it doesn't get the standard Stop and Go, really sucks. Thanks to the stupid Ranger we get a lot of hand me down missing features.
I'm going to take an educated guess and say that it could be that they chose to implement TRAIL CONTROL and 1 PEDAL for this type of vehicle instead of ACC w/ STOP & GO???

Last edited:

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

don't beat me up for getting a MY21 scheduled, but I'm kind of pissed for getting a '21 model sometime in Sep or later this year ..... that's when the next year models are starting to roll out
I'm not too worried about the short model year. From a resale/collector point of view, having a MY21 will be significantly more rare for a return model than they were initially thinking.

Differences between MY21 and MY22 will be pretty minor aside from cosmetics.

Crimpcap

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model Y, Honda G1 Insight
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would say its actually increased as I have heard from many others who never uttered the word Bronco and are now doing so.
This is because the Ford Bronco launch is the butt of most new jokes. :LOL:

Sponsored

Uncle Gump

First Name
Gump
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Ranger, 1986 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Honestly, I had a chance to take a look at all of the new midsize trucks at the Auto Show. The Ranger is a pretty big disappointment in comparison to the GMC Canyon for creature comforts or Toyota Tacoma if you want more off roading. I'd take a look at those 2 first.
You haven't seen the next gen Ranger yet. It's still a year or two out.

I was a bit disappointed in the release of the 2019... it had some shortfalls. What you seen was a warmed over version of the global Ranger made to fill a void in their line up and get back into the game. They did a pretty good job actually. The mid size truck market is competitive...

I expect Ford to go for best in class as they did with the Bronco.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do we know when Bronco will be available for normal buyers? Talking people who view the various models, check out the options and make test drives, and then buy off the lot or place an order for reasonable delivery time.

Will that situation occur by spring of 2022? Or is this all going to drag out though 2022 calendar year?

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm going to take an educated guess and say that it could be that they chose to implement TRAIL CONTROL and 1 PEDAL for this type of vehicle instead of ACC w/ STOP & GO???
Exactly. Everytime they advertise the vehicle, they show it off road... not on asphalt.

kbBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2019 Honda Rebel 300
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m still excited!

Sponsored

Sundancer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
These Ford issues have now started to outweigh all the excitement I had for my new Bronco. Now just feels like a pipe dream. 🙃
The more I see the Bronco on the road which has been a few times a week the last six months being in the Detroit suburbs I am glad I passed on my reservation and picked up a 2021 F150. Yesterday at Home Depot when I came out and a four door Cactus Gray Badlands was parked next to me, I gave it a good look over and still not impressed on the overall quality, the black hardtop finish was nice but the fit was not consistent from one side to the other. To me unless the Bronco is loaded with options giving it a badass look with large tires its just going to end up the new soccer mom vehicle, the basic no frills Bronco is boring.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

There has been no news or confirmation when MY22 ordering starts other than September is a possible window.

It will be before December as that is when the cut over is to start building MY22, orders have to be in place before you start the production line.

Xploit

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The more I see the Bronco on the road which has been a few times a week the last six months being in the Detroit suburbs I am glad I passed on my reservation and picked up a 2021 F150. Yesterday at Home Depot when I came out and a four door Cactus Gray Badlands was parked next to me, I gave it a good look over and still not impressed on the overall quality, the black hardtop finish was nice but the fit was not consistent from one side to the other. To me unless the Bronco is loaded with options giving it a badass look with large tires its just going to end up the new soccer mom vehicle, the basic no frills Bronco is boring.
l o l … whatever gets you through it.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Must’ve missed a bunch of stuff along the way, based on all the hatred I’ve read in here... For some reason I thought Ford had said they would start production in June, and seem to still be doing so. Seems like they are doing all they can do to uphold everything they said they were going to do. And for the things they can’t, like MOD tops, they communicated pretty clearly that they couldn’t... even throwing out some free stuff for the inconvenience. Maybe it’s our own fault for hyping things up to begin with... tracking down every snippet of information we could find over the past year instead of being patient. Maybe we should have just waited for actual information instead of speculating what would and would not be a part of the packages.

Im probably wrong on all accounts... but then again, I use a hammer on an almost daily basis... but almost never for nails. 🙂
Sponsored