First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wonder if *adding* hard top back at this point is rocking the boat or if it really doesn't make a difference if my number hasn't been drawn yet either way.
The hard top is either on your or or not. Adding it back is no different than having it in the first place.
Sponsored

Fmuguira

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I laugh when folks talk about going to the back of the line … we re all at the back of the line right now and everyone not scheduled is merely hoping to be one of the lottery winners anyway !! Been that way since rollout unless you wanted to settle for what Ford had parts to build ……

timstrong20

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Toyota Venza and 2020 Honda Civic Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Like I told my Dealer today when I checked in with them for what I knew was more of the same; “Ford hit a Homerun designing and marketing the Bronco… then they forgot to trot around the bases and didn’t score as far as delivering and producing. “ The longer this mess goes the less likely they ll “win the game”.

If people still waiting cause MY23 doesn’t happen, they get cancelled, lose price protection AND Ford bumps MY 24 pricing then odds are high IMO that many of these folks say ENOUGH, we re done! Honestly couldn’t find fault with anyone making that decision.
That's , my plan. I'm not changing anything and if it doesn't get built and I lose PP. I'm out.. I want a WildTrak but I'm not willing lose MIC, HT/SAS, especially going on 2 year wait.

TonkaTruck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not necessarily looking for quicker - I just did a big repair on my current car. But do want to be scheduled for a 2023 to keep price protection.

I guess since they roll over into the new model year around the end of October or November that only really gives me about an 8 month window before time runs out.

The calculus is an aftermarket hard top is $6000 and it’s $600 from the factory. So I’m thinking about adding it and just accepting the risk of losing price protection which is about $2800 I believe for me. My current car is paid off and now running well so that’s why I’m thinking about it.
Your calculus is missing a few variables.

If you change your order:
($695)
($2,500)
$3,195 MSRP reduction

Buy Anderson Composites Hard Top:
$6,000
~$600 shipping and taxes
$6,600 Cost

Delta:
$6600-$3195 = $3,405
+ a soft top (~$2k value)

In this scenario you effectively end up with Dual Tops and a superior quality hard top as compared to the OEM for $3,405.

Current Dual Top Price = $2,545

$3,195-$2,545 = $650 Difference

I dropped my MIC top on my non-sas Badlands and was scheduled a week later for 3/20. Since I planned on getting an aftermarket soft top, it was a no brainer for me. I got a nicer hard top and I’ll have my Bronco around May 1st with the softie installed for the short Minnesota summer. All for about $700 over the dual top price.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Your calculus is missing a few variables.

If you change your order:
($695)
($2,500)
$3,195 MSRP reduction

Buy Anderson Composites Hard Top:
$6,000
~$600 shipping and taxes
$6,600 Cost

Delta:
$6600-$3195 = $3,405
+ a soft top (~$2k value)

In this scenario you effectively end up with Dual Tops and a superior quality hard top as compared to the OEM for $3,405.

Current Dual Top Price = $2,545

$3,195-$2,545 = $650 Difference

I dropped my MIC top on my non-sas Badlands and was scheduled a week later for 3/20. Since I planned on getting an aftermarket soft top, it was a no brainer for me. I got a nicer hard top and I’ll have my Bronco around May 1st with the softie installed for the short Minnesota summer. All for about $700 over the dual top price.
Fair enough although I have Sasquatch and do not plan on dropping it. I’ve done the similar math and can’t make it work either.

Sponsored

Treich

Black Diamond
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, F250
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Haven’t got a single email outside of order confirmation. Dealer checked that my email is correct.
Sucks but glad I'm not the only one left out

ZetaLady

Wildtrak
First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007Hummer H3, 2019 Volkswagen Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I received this update from my dealer today. I am in the Phoenix area. Should I consider this good news? Towards the end of last year he told us we were #3. When I reached out in January he said #7 and got all pissy when I asked what changed to make me go from #3 to #7, and I also asked about allocations (based on info Ford brand manager gave on the live). He didn't clarify until today that there are 6 Wildtraks in front of us. We ordered a Wildtrak w/ Lux in 2021. He has not been very forthcoming with information, not very responsive and never have we received even one update unless we reach out and really press. Even then, he acts clueless and then is shocked when we tell him the information we already know (from forum posts). If it wasn't for the forums we would be clueless. Afraid to get my hopes up.
Ford Bronco Just received: Change your order or else email from Ford- Round 2 2023-02-22

5PC24

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I received this update from my dealer today. I am in the Phoenix area. Should I consider this good news? Towards the end of last year he told us we were #3. When I reached out in January he said #7 and got all pissy when I asked what changed to make me go from #3 to #7, and I also asked about allocations (based on info Ford brand manager gave on the live). He didn't clarify until today that there are 6 Wildtraks in front of us. We ordered a Wildtrak w/ Lux in 2021. He has not been very forthcoming with information, not very responsive and never have we received even one update unless we reach out and really press. Even then, he acts clueless and then is shocked when we tell him the information we already know (from forum posts). If it wasn't for the forums we would be clueless. Afraid to get my hopes up.
Ford Bronco Just received: Change your order or else email from Ford- Round 2 2023-02-22
I don't think he's really saying anything in there. He doesn't answer your questions at all. Just state that there are orders ahead of you and next scheduling will be in a few weeks. if that scheduling includes you then you'll be notified. But I wouldn't read it to state that you will be scheduled.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm not defending him, but it's possible that he had some 99'd reservations that converted to orders at the the last minute.

I'm sure some people will disagree, but I really feel that people who didn't place orders until Fall 2022 should be behind those of us with 2021 orders.

TonkaTruck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fair enough although I have Sasquatch and do not plan on dropping it. I’ve done the similar math and can’t make it work either.
Yeah, if you have to drop more than 1 constraint to get the $2500, the math definitely does not work out and you will end up settling from what you originally ordered.

Sponsored

Bronccat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands, 76 Bronco, 95 Bronco (SOLD)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn't get the first one but got the second. Well, the dealer did.

I had MIC, Lux and Wildtrak. I didn't want to drop all those so went crazy looking and found a new BL, High, Soft top for 63k (2500 over sticker) which was the same price as my build. They delivered it 500 miles for free and I couldn't be happier.

Bronco21Maybe

Outer Banks
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150, 202X Bronco, if it's ever built
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have now been back and forth FIVE times each with Ford and the dealer to get the certificate for the $2,500 back. I bought a new 2023 Bronco from a dealer then cancelled my order. Ford says I qualify, but they don't have the certificate number - call the dealer. Dealer says they can't see the certificate number, call Ford.

FIVE ROUND TRIPS. I cancelled my order weeks ago. That's five calls to Ford, five calls to the dealer, and one last call to Ford today (that doesn't include the emails to the two dealers - the dealer I ordered from and the dealer I bought the new Bronco from). I have two open cases with Ford and they keep promising to call back, and don't. I have the dealer on record in writing saying that they are not responsible for getting me the certificate number. That does make sense, since Ford, not the dealer, sent the email offer. F Ford.

If I don't hear back from Ford this week with a definitive avenue to get the $2,500 immediately, I'm suing them. Simple as that. I have the email offer. I qualify under the terms in the email. I qualify under the terms of the FAQs linked in the emails, which I have archived.

If nothing else, for the $135 filing fee, it will be able to say I've sued Ford. And here in Texas, I will win. Refusal to honor a written offer is grounds.
Sponsored

Last edited: