Sponsored

Just remember - this is a rival, not a clone (to Jeep Wrangler)

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’d much rather see comments like the OP’s closed - which appear to me to just be Brand boosterism - than closing threads that link to Scotty’s video critiquing Ford’s 2.3l (which I’m likely getting in my Bronco). Intelligent discussion - even it that means debunking myths (or not) should always be welcomed.
The OP raised a valid point at the time. You had a bunch of people whining that Ford wasn’t mirroring Jeep feature for feature. Advocating that this thread should be closed because of that is nothing but brand boosterism.
Sponsored

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t think anyone really thinks of the Bronco as trying to clone a Jeep!?

Ford would be foolish to set such a low target ?
FoMoCo sure did copy the Jeeps rear Swing Taillight. ?

This (in my opinion) was Only to appease and entice current Jeep owners into a Bronco. This is (in my opinion) a slap in the face to EB with a True Tailgate.

I don't care what the FoMoCo Designer said about their surveying showed, as it must have been Only Jeep Owners that were surveyed.

perfectburrito

Badlands
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands Sasquatch, 2.7AT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Missed opportunity? More like missing a bullet.

You're saying a company should launch a new vehicle at a time when a huge portion of the US population is out of work, unemployed, and/or struggling to make ends meet while our (horrific) healthcare system (because it's operated by greed and business interests) struggles to fight a pandemic and our own healthcare workers are dying at an alarming rate while trying to save lives? Are you kidding, or just lost a sense of perspective?

If a company - any company - does a product launch about a new vehicle that even less people can afford, while they should be (and currently are) using their machinery to help fight the pandemic, the wave of public backlash would be catastrophic.

It's best for any company at any level to lay low in terms of "new product announcements" and instead focus on the most important issue at hand: health. It takes precedence over material goods.

Material goods, especially luxury items such as a vehicle (yes, vehicles at any level are a luxury. 1st world problems) are not what is in focus right now.
Anyone curious where the party can be found on Saturday nights, here's your answer...?</endsarcasm>

Mountain Goat

Black Diamond
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 BMW 325i, '17 VW Alltrack, '20 Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
FoMoCo sure did copy the Jeeps rear Swing Taillight. ?

This (in my opinion) was Only to appease and entice current Jeep owners into a Bronco. This is (in my opinion) a slap in the face to EB with a True Tailgate.

I don't care what the FoMoCo Designer said about their surveying showed, as it must have been Only Jeep Owners that were surveyed.
Where else to put the 35" spare in a short wheelbase vehicle? It's easy to find room for the 27" pizza cutters the EB came with, but most of us won't tolerate such small tires on an all terrain vehicle these days.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where else to put the 35" spare in a short wheelbase vehicle? It's easy to find room for the 27" pizza cutters the EB came with, but most of us won't tolerate such small tires on an all terrain vehicle these days.
Separate Swinging Tire Carrier..... ???

Sponsored

Mountain Goat

Black Diamond
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 BMW 325i, '17 VW Alltrack, '20 Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Killed By Death

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2C
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Didn't read the whole thread but my take is this. Ford took everything wrong with the new JL Wrangler and made it right or improved it. Which it shouldn't be hard to defeat FCA. I purchased and then sold a Rubicon after 1 year because it was a gigantic, dangerous, steaming POS. I've only noticed two glaring mistakes with the Bronco so far. One, No factory 2 door soft top which I'm sure will be available soon (either aftermarket or OEM accessory). Two, no solid front axle OPTION for the hardcore crowd. I'm glad they went IFS. Ford will probably steal a large portion of the mall crawler folks with this decision. Along with the easy and intermediate trail runners like me. I just can't see taking a new vehicle and rock crawling with it. BIG respect from me for those that will ;)

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Missed opportunity? More like missing a bullet.

You're saying a company should launch a new vehicle at a time when a huge portion of the US population is out of work, unemployed, and/or struggling to make ends meet while our (horrific) healthcare system (because it's operated by greed and business interests) struggles to fight a pandemic and our own healthcare workers are dying at an alarming rate while trying to save lives? Are you kidding, or just lost a sense of perspective?

If a company - any company - does a product launch about a new vehicle that even less people can afford, while they should be (and currently are) using their machinery to help fight the pandemic, the wave of public backlash would be catastrophic.

It's best for any company at any level to lay low in terms of "new product announcements" and instead focus on the most important issue at hand: health. It takes precedence over material goods.

Material goods, especially luxury items such as a vehicle (yes, vehicles at any level are a luxury. 1st world problems) are not what is in focus right now.
Guess Ford showed you! ?

Let this be a lesson. Never underestimate the level of selfish indulgence of Americans. The Bronco will sell a ton and in it's highest trims. Why? Because those who are working view times like these as times when deals can be made.

Credit is cheap, inflation has tanked in several areas (definitely not food or tissue!), and when gas is cheap for 5 minutes that triggers the desires for Suburbans and Hummers because of course gas prices will now stay low forever!

Sarcasm aside, who knows why this launch will be so big. Want to really twist your noodle think about whether or not Bronco would be this big if there were no pandemic causing everyone to go stir crazy indoors while longing for being outside with the bugs, snakes, and dirt.

Almost like Ford planned it.... Hmmm, I wonder.

jimmycarter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
328xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Guess Ford showed you! ?

Let this be a lesson. Never underestimate the level of selfish indulgence of Americans. The Bronco will sell a ton and in it's highest trims. Why? Because those who are working view times like these as times when deals can be made.

Credit is cheap, inflation has tanked in several areas (definitely not food or tissue!), and when gas is cheap for 5 minutes that triggers the desires for Suburbans and Hummers because of course gas prices will now stay low forever!

Sarcasm aside, who knows why this launch will be so big. Want to really twist your noodle think about whether or not Bronco would be this big if there were no pandemic causing everyone to go stir crazy indoors while longing for being outside with the bugs, snakes, and dirt.

Almost like Ford planned it.... Hmmm, I wonder.
Ford Bronco Just remember - this is a rival, not a clone (to Jeep Wrangler) 200

Sponsored

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Impossible. Ford is clueless and doesn't know what they're doing. Bronco will FAILLLLLLLL.

[/sarcasm] (for those it wasn't obvious to)
Now you know why I'm against drugs

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know if Im more sick of the overhyped corona crap that is really hurting families or the Bronco/Jeep comparisons. When I had my old Bronco, I never had the Jeep brand enter my mind, unless I happened to pass one on the trail. It was just a Bronco. Now I feel like I am being put into the category of Jeep chicks and highschool boys with 24" wheels and no more than road grime on their frames.
Concerning the Rona, just keep yourself healthy and you'll be fine.

IMG_20200815_143054.jpg

Take that daily, do keto, work out thrice a week and despite being Diabetic for 21 years and never wearing a mask, never got it, even when the boss and the office did.

As far as them being rivals, there ain't nothing left for it to compete with, the 60s-90s are over and the only name left in town is Jeep, hence the Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny between them

Now if Toyota would revive the FJ properly, then it'd get more interesting.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Concerning the Rona, just keep yourself healthy and you'll be fine.

Ford Bronco Just remember - this is a rival, not a clone (to Jeep Wrangler) IMG_20200815_143054

Take that daily, do keto, work out thrice a week and despite being Diabetic for 21 years and never wearing a mask, never got it, even when the boss and the office did.

As far as them being rivals, there ain't nothing left for it to compete with, the 60s-90s are over and the only name left in town is Jeep, hence the Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny between them

Now if Toyota would revive the FJ properly, then it'd get more interesting.
Dude, keep this "Q" BS off of the forum man. I swear, the level of stupid dog whistling that tries to creep in here is becoming ridiculous.

If YOU personally had all of the answers to life, I'd hope you'd be doing something much more useful like becaming one of the COVID billionaires. Instead, on a Ford forum spreading what? and Why?

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dude, keep this "Q" BS off of the forum man. I swear, the level of stupid dog whistling that tries to creep in here is becoming ridiculous.

If YOU personally had all of the answers to life, I'd hope you'd be doing something much more useful like becaming one of the COVID billionaires. Instead, on a Ford forum spreading what? and Why?
Just sharing what works for me

I'm not even talking politics, I got tons of memes and links and posts to share. I was just saying I take fuck tons of vitamins, eat healthy and exercise

Trust me, I can risk being banned over politics, simply replying to Edgeflyer saying he's sick of it and how I'm dealing with it.

Also answered the other half of his post too you know
Sponsored