Sponsored

Just remember - this is a rival, not a clone (to Jeep Wrangler)

qnet

Big Bend
First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2, Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't know if Im more sick of the overhyped corona crap that is really hurting families or the Bronco/Jeep comparisons. When I had my old Bronco, I never had the Jeep brand enter my mind, unless I happened to pass one on the trail. It was just a Bronco. Now I feel like I am being put into the category of Jeep chicks and highschool boys with 24" wheels and no more than road grime on their frames.
Agreed. I'm not an experienced off-roader by any means, but I'm interested in people like yourself opinions. I've always liked Jeeps, but the Bronco was a mystery to me, and always in the back of my thoughts.

A coworker of mine is/was really into Broncos and I remember seeing pics on his toolbox of his 1st model Bronco off road with his friends. It was modified and lifted. That made me think about them more.

On the subject. The Bronco is pretty much what I want and will meet my needs. It's interesting reading all the Jeep vs. Bronco stuff on here, but I've owned a Jeep; and like both vehicles.
Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just sharing what works for me

I'm not even talking politics, I got tons of memes and links and posts to share. I was just saying I take fuck tons of vitamins, eat healthy and exercise

Trust me, I can risk being banned over politics, simply replying to Edgeflyer saying he's sick of it and how I'm dealing with it.

Also answered the other half of his post too you know
Not saying that you should be banned, but the "Didn't wear a mask and didn't get it but everyone else in the office did" because of your vitamins is highly irresponsible to try to spread.

None of us (including doctors) don't know a thing really about COVID-19, so the best thing to say is err on the side of caution in your particular area.

Best if we all just stick to talking about Bronco including the guy you were responding too.

I come on this forum as a release from the reality of what's going on outside my door. I guess that's silly, but no matter our politics, beliefs, race, gender, whatever, we all have found common ground in the Bronco and lets keep the forum focused in this demilitarized zone.

Wish you the best.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed. I'm not an experienced off-roader by any means, but I'm interested in people like yourself opinions. I've always liked Jeeps, but the Bronco was a mystery to me, and always in the back of my thoughts.

A coworker of mine is/was really into Broncos and I remember seeing pics on his toolbox of his 1st model Bronco off road with his friends. It was modified and lifted. That made me think about them more.

On the subject. The Bronco is pretty much what I want and will meet my needs. It's interesting reading all the Jeep vs. Bronco stuff on here, but I've owned a Jeep; and like both vehicles.
Ditto basically. I'm not the most experienced person either with offroading, but had played on trails and ruts and stuff and enjoyed it, now looking for a versatile toy that fulfills all my needs.

Old friend of my sisters had a '94, I wasn't interested in it, and the ones where you can only remove the back but not the front of the top don't appeal to me, though this image sold me on it
Ford Bronco Just remember - this is a rival, not a clone (to Jeep Wrangler) 1597519346474
(This exact picture, almost gave up looking for it)

IFS, turbo 4 and stick? I'm beyond sold on it

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not saying that you should be banned, but the "Didn't wear a mask and didn't get it but everyone else in the office did" because of your vitamins is highly irresponsible to try to spread.

None of us (including doctors) don't know a thing really about COVID-19, so the best thing to say is err on the side of caution in your particular area.

Best if we all just stick to talking about Bronco including the guy you were responding too.

I come on this forum as a release from the reality of what's going on outside my door. I guess that's silly, but no matter our politics, beliefs, race, gender, whatever, we all have found common ground in the Bronco and lets keep the forum focused on this demilitarized zone.

Wish you the best.
I'm done talking about it if you are

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Think both Wrangler and Bronco have a space in the market; always good to have options. Because you're going to start getting into off roading, Bronco will be the best buy due to the road manners and better comfort. Plus Bronco does look cool and it's something new.

Even if you don't get that into wheeling, Bronco should still serve you well overall plus you like it. Once you do hit some dirt, think that'll become addictive to you as well. ? There is this feeling of freedom that's just hard to relate anything else to.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Think both Wrangler and Bronco have a space in the market; always good to have options. Because you're going to start getting into off roading, Bronco will be the best buy due to the road manners and better comfort. Plus Bronco does look cool and it's something new.

Even if you don't get that into wheeling, Bronco should still serve you well overall plus you like it. Once you do hit some dirt, think that'll become addictive to you as well. ? There is this feeling of freedom that's just hard to relate anything else to.
Exactly!

I only wish they'd come out sooner

Killed By Death

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2C
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've always wondered why other vehicle manufactures allowed Jeep to control this space all alone for so long. In NC Wranglers crawl around like ants. At times it seems every other car I pass is a Wrangler. And I'm not talking about redneck vill or the mountains. I'm talking about the 16th largest city in the nation. Bad example but take BMW. All SUVs for the whole world are made in South Carolina. Why not add an additional line to produce a simple body on frame vehicle? Its like free money left on the floor, just bend over and pick it up. Thank goodness Ford decided to do so.

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've always wondered why other vehicle manufactures allowed Jeep to control this space all alone for so long. In NC Wranglers crawl around like ants. At times it seems every other car I pass is a Wrangler. And I'm not talking about redneck vill or the mountains. I'm talking about the 16th largest city in the nation. Bad example but take BMW. All SUVs for the whole world are made in South Carolina. Why not add an additional line to produce a simple body on frame vehicle? Its like free money left on the floor, just bend over and pick it up. Thank goodness Ford decided to do so.
GM could of properly revived the Blazer and Hummer

Toyota could of made the FJ we wanted or made the 2nd gen of the Cruiser what it should have been (convertible 2/4dr)

Land Rover could of went against the grain with a real defender instead of the "New One"

There are other manufacturer's out there I forgot about who could of stepped up this whole time as well.

Shame they left Jeep all alone

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No rivalry for me. I am keeping my JL Rubicon and adding a badlands or wildtrak.. Appreciate the similarities and differences.

just wish there were some different color options for the Bronco like a dark green.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No rivalry for me. I am keeping my JL Rubicon and adding a badlands or wildtrak.. Appreciate the similarities and differences.

just wish there were some different color options for the Bronco like a dark green.
Or a Real Orange instead of a yellowy "orange"

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"Wranglers crawl around like ants". That was funny as hell; I needed a hard laugh, so thank you. ?

I've wondered that too. Not that I'd expect BMW to per se, but now that I type that, BMW or all the German marqs copy each other to death, even down this SUV coupe rabbit hole, but they've never tried to copy to G wagon.

I've taken performance delivery in SC several times and they always have an "off road" section for the X5 on this stupid custom built rock formation. Last time I just called the guy out on this BS. Said the X5 is trash off road. No low speed transfer case, performance tires, etc. Thing would barely make it 15 feet down a trail and cost you $3K to fix for your troubles.

Guess making a dedicated 4x4 is expensive to get right? I know that vehicles like the Wrangler, Land Cruiser, Defender, etc don't seem to make much sense, yet somehow they do.

In Europe, maybe not, even though there are great places to wheel in Europe (Scandinavia, Iceland, Italy, Spain, Southern France, etc) You've got all of Africa, South America, and Australia besides North America who can use a good off road capable vehicle, and if you're like me, you hate Toyota with a passion and would NEVER buy one.

Back in Bama, I get to wheel in my old Disco 2 that my dad keeps at the lake and will then have the Bronco.

Even Land Rover shit the bed with the new Defender which is expensive as hell even though it is capable, but a monocoque? Just missed the boat entirely.

Also very glad that Ford got the lead out and decided to show they still have some testosterone flowing (GM obviously is wearing Depends).

Last edited:

Killed By Death

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2C
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've taken performance delivery in SC several times.
Yep, I've done it about 5 times including the 1 day M school. Love trashing their cars during the track portion. Only thing I took away from the X5 off-road course is auto decent seems VERY useful for snow and ice. Highly doubt the wife would let me take her X3 wheeling :ROFLMAO:

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Interest in off roading, overlanding, outdoors-y stuff in general has enjoyed a spike in recent history. Last year Jeep sold like 225,000 Wranglers, but in the early 2000s they were selling less than 100k a year. The FJ mostly died from lack of interest, and Toyota was all but ready to kill the 4Runner too but not for a spike in sales starting 4 or 5 years ago.

Point being, markets change and right now off-road oriented trucks and SUVs are super hot. 10 years ago a new Bronco may have fizzled out and died just like the FJ.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, I've done it about 5 times including the 1 day M school. Love trashing their cars during the track portion. Only thing I took away from the X5 off-road course is auto decent seems VERY useful for snow and ice. Highly doubt the wife would let me take her X3 wheeling :ROFLMAO:
My wife's X3 won't go wheeling either. This thing is the M40i and has ultra high performance P Zeros, plus more long hanging plastic than I've ever seen and the clearance is low. No lockers either, just an electronic anti-slip. AWD is not 4x4 and I wish BMW would stop lying.

I've done M school Med and the advanced 3 day out at Thermal club which was an experience. Have done Porsche also in Birmingham. Great stuff.

The best drive training I've done is Land Rover a few years back. Off road skills are much better even though I am in no way a rock crawler, just decent enough to find good lines, get off the trail, and use recovery gear to help myself and others. Trying to get better at being a spotter. I hate screwing up and having a buddy scrape an obstacle. Oops!
Sponsored