Sponsored

Just remember - this is a rival, not a clone (to Jeep Wrangler)

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Missed opportunity? More like missing a bullet.

You're saying a company should launch a new vehicle at a time when a huge portion of the US population is out of work, unemployed, and/or struggling to make ends meet while our (horrific) healthcare system (because it's operated by greed and business interests) struggles to fight a pandemic and our own healthcare workers are dying at an alarming rate while trying to save lives? Are you kidding, or just lost a sense of perspective?

If a company - any company - does a product launch about a new vehicle that even less people can afford, while they should be (and currently are) using their machinery to help fight the pandemic, the wave of public backlash would be catastrophic.

It's best for any company at any level to lay low in terms of "new product announcements" and instead focus on the most important issue at hand: health. It takes precedence over material goods.

Material goods, especially luxury items such as a vehicle (yes, vehicles at any level are a luxury. 1st world problems) are not what is in focus right now.
Gosh where to start. World problems have been around for a long time, don't think they will go away anytime soon. In the meantime we still have to try and live our normal lives, as best as we can. Humans are smart enough to adapt and overcome. Auto sales, new products or otherwise, just like home sales, are a boost to the economy. Money needs to circulate to keep the economy moving, get/stay out of a recession. Just like always, those that can, will spend on what they can afford. IMHO I think it's probably a good time for "new product release", whether it be autos or otherwise. We need a boost/kickstart to the economy. At the same time, there are people that are focused on health, world issues, etc... Hope that kind of made sense. Thanks for listening.

Edit/addition: I am looking at this Bronco as a way to explore and see this country as god made it. At the same time I get a break from what's going on in the cities, heading out of town, doing my part to social distance.
Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Didn't read the whole thread but my take is this. Ford took everything wrong with the new JL Wrangler and made it right or improved it. Which it shouldn't be hard to defeat FCA. I purchased and then sold a Rubicon after 1 year because it was a gigantic, dangerous, steaming POS. I've only noticed two glaring mistakes with the Bronco so far. One, No factory 2 door soft top which I'm sure will be available soon (either aftermarket or OEM accessory). Two, no solid front axle OPTION for the hardcore crowd. I'm glad they went IFS. Ford will probably steal a large portion of the mall crawler folks with this decision. Along with the easy and intermediate trail runners like me. I just can't see taking a new vehicle and rock crawling with it. BIG respect from me for those that will ;)
Battle is on now. Ford and Jeep will go at it for years now, improving upon successful products. Who knows, Toyota and others may jump into this fray and want their piece of the pie. The winner: us the consumer.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

GM could of properly revived the Blazer and Hummer

Toyota could of made the FJ we wanted or made the 2nd gen of the Cruiser what it should have been (convertible 2/4dr)

Land Rover could of went against the grain with a real defender instead of the "New One"

There are other manufacturer's out there I forgot about who could of stepped up this whole time as well.

Shame they left Jeep all alone
My thinking exactly. Nobody jumped in, they let Jeep rule the off-road. I did want an FJ real bad but they quit making them. Thus the price skyrocketed. I really considered a Jeep but never got around to it. The re-introduction of the Bronco (grew up in a Ford family) pulled me in, all the way in. Glad I stalled/waited. Now I can't wait.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

FoMoCo sure did copy the Jeeps rear Swing Taillight. ?

This (in my opinion) was Only to appease and entice current Jeep owners into a Bronco. This is (in my opinion) a slap in the face to EB with a True Tailgate.

I don't care what the FoMoCo Designer said about their surveying showed, as it must have been Only Jeep Owners that were surveyed.

Agree 100 % !!!! Every time I see the new Bronco from the rear I think Jeep. From the front I see Bronco. Rear should have had a swing away and tailgate.

(y) (y)

Sponsored
OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm gonna push the Bronco Sport/ Cherokee (not Renegade) comparison until the day I die or at least until the day I have sufficient information to change my mind.
Man I was obsessed with the Cherokee XJ, their redesign was a F***kn FLOP. They could’ve sat comfortably if they stuck to the OG design.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Want to keep this convo going and for this point, hope other manufacturers are reading this.

Over the past decade, we've watched automakers go flaccid. I don't have an issue with electric cars, but ICE vehicles ain't dead yet MF'ers!

Although Toyota disgusts me with their lame, old technology that they sell at ever increasing pricing for 12 year old SUVs (4 Runner, Land Cruiser), they've stayed in the "capable" game for the global market in the developing world. Problem is, I want my cake and want to eat it too (Merica!), which means that Yes, I want a capable vehicle., but I like my tech. My CD collection is digital now, I want a big ass TV on my dash; does this make sense? Maybe not, but I don't care, I want it damn it! I want to be able to keep my beer cold while I'm wheeling, sometimes rocks scare me, so I want the truck to take over and keep me from looking stupid in front of a group of people that I neither know or will likely ever see again, but I want to look good for social media! Although I don't expect good gas mileage, I want a big ole engine that gets good gas mileage! Don't care how you do it, just do it, and it better not break either!

Now..... Got that all out and feel calm. Basically, I do understand that getting capability, boxy shape (looks so cool because I can easily draw this shape), and tech with a few creature comforts is difficult, but so is climbing Everest, yet people do it each year anyway, so car manufacturers; just figure it out man.

As consumers, we need to actually try to have some standards also, which most of us do not. Accepting that POS Tahoe, which hasn't changed in 20 years is just lazy. The Toyota Highlander is lame, GM makes the awesome Vette, but suck. Kia is now a thing; who knew? The 3 Series is now a fat pig of a car and costs double of what it did 14 years ago. I can go on, but won't.

If you're still reading this rant (with horrible attempt at comedy; my sincere apologies), means that it's up to us to demand more with our wallets.

Ford is pulling customers from a number of places and manufacturers and although getting outside and wheeling or camping may be new to a lot of Bronco buyers, that's ok. There is enough nature for everyone, just bring bug spray, pick up your trash, and don't try to take a selfie with a buffalo and everything should be good.

The Bronco is a blend of capability, tech, looks, nostalgia, and cool. It could turn out to be a perfect vehicle. Not a family hauler, but the adventure machine that we've all dreamed about and can't wait to buy.

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Agree 100 % !!!! Every time I see the new Bronco from the rear I think Jeep. From the front I see Bronco. Rear should have had a swing away and tailgate.

(y) (y)
Would have been cool but 5’ soccer moms don’t want to load groceries over a tailgate on a 4 door on 35s.

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Would have been cool but 5’ soccer moms don’t want to load groceries over a tailgate on a 4 door on 35s.

Maybe that soccer mom should have bought a Bronco Sport then. ;):ROFLMAO:

Zraver

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Pathfindet, 85 300zx
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Jeep
The wrangler is a clone of the CJ, which cloned the willys which cloned the Bantham which cloned the Ford GPW. With honorable mention to Toyota and Mahindra for cloning the basic design as well.

65-2019
Bronco. And Jeep cloned the IH Scout, blazer cloned the Bronco, Bronco cloned Blazer twice, Jeep Cherokee cloned itself, blazer cloned cherokee.

Bronco cloned itself

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Jeep is just a clone of the Mahindra roxor

Bronco is bringing in buyers that wouldn't consider Jeep, but wanted a small SUV with more style than a RAV4 or CR-V

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Never got involved into the product loyalty battles ,every type has its good points and bad. I dont see the war between bronco and jeep both are capable if the jeep wrangler gets a hemi and a manual its going to be game on!
On the day of the reveal this is what i was hoping for

Screenshot_20200816-104230_Gallery.jpg

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if International will ever get back into the game?
Ford Bronco Just remember - this is a rival, not a clone (to Jeep Wrangler) 1597608924299
Sponsored