Sponsored

Just remember - this is a rival, not a clone (to Jeep Wrangler)

Chaos_273

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Unfortunately, I feel like Ford tried too hard to beat Jeep by adopting many of its characteristics. I said before that styling was my only deal breaker, and the back end, flares, and tailgate have left me disappointed. I don’t want a Jeep, but that’s basically what this is.
Ford Bronco Just remember - this is a rival, not a clone (to Jeep Wrangler) 2436AD71-B646-451F-AA75-370C792CFF07
Sponsored

Peter Gosenya

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My thinking exactly. Nobody jumped in, they let Jeep rule the off-road. I did want an FJ real bad but they quit making them. Thus the price skyrocketed. I really considered a Jeep but never got around to it. The re-introduction of the Bronco (grew up in a Ford family) pulled me in, all the way in. Glad I stalled/waited. Now I can't wait.
Same here. I also think Ford is throwing so much at the bronco that any effort such as just bringing back the fj like it was would just be a half measure. I Think it will prevent other manufactures from competing in this segment. jmho

Peter Gosenya

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Never got involved into the product loyalty battles ,every type has its good points and bad. I dont see the war between bronco and jeep both are capable if the jeep wrangler gets a hemi and a manual its going to be game on!
On the day of the reveal this is what i was hoping for

well it is Ford. Give it a few years and there may be a svt or Shelby version.

KindaOrange

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None... hurry up Ford!
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is a Rival, not a clone

Ford isn't new to the offroading game, and unlike Toyota who was emulating the Xterra with the FJ Cruiser, Ford is targeting Jeep but also doing there own there. Besides that, Ford already entered a R into Baja, and did pretty well for their first attempt with the new vehicle.

As many have pointed out, they're more going for the Adventuring/Overlanding/High Speeds crowd from what it looks like vs Jeeps Rock Crawling. Also remember that Ford has the Raptor out long enough to know what they can do with the IFS.

Unlike Jeep, they're offering two turbo engines to Jeeps NA V6 that'll blow if you slap a blower of some sort on it or Turbo 4/Diesel 6 that ONLY come with automatics.

Ford has Ford Racing, so there's a chance that along with the aftermarket, sure they'll have a SFA kit available for those who want it.

Now of course, there are those of you who already have your mind made up, and that's fine, you wanted this to be a pure Wrangler Slayer and are disappointed. This isn't for you guys, this is for those who are kinda sorta on the fence or just looking for a positive take on things.

Just my 2 cents
You're right bro

There's a real engine gap at Mopar in the V6turbo area.

Honestly a big factor in my bronco decision.

Low Hammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Unfortunately, I feel like Ford tried too hard to beat Jeep by adopting many of its characteristics. I said before that styling was my only deal breaker, and the back end, flares, and tailgate have left me disappointed. I don’t want a Jeep, but that’s basically what this is.
Ford Bronco Just remember - this is a rival, not a clone (to Jeep Wrangler) 2436AD71-B646-451F-AA75-370C792CFF07

Retro Bronco owners: Can we get a truck tailgate? Ford: No we have tailgate at home. Tailgate at home.

image.png
Sponsored