Sponsored

Just Remember You Can Always Modify Later!

Neigh.hey

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Remember this when feeling the excitement slash panic of trying to figure out the right setup for you:

The models/options/features seem pretty daunting when there is no actual vehicles on the lot or a bunch in public to see. You can always modify pretty much anything you want to on your Bronco. I've owned many toyotas (1984 pickup, 1999 4Runner locker, 2001 Tacoma, 2015 Tundra) and have put on lifts, bumper/armor, wheels/tires, engine mods, interior mods. Not all of those things on each, but some of them needed different upgrades depending on what I was into for wheeling or daily driving.

The aftermarket products for the new Bronco will be super strong and within a very short time of them coming to market, there is going to be endless amounts of options for: suspension/lift upgrades, winch bumpers/armor, wheel/tire combo's, engine mods, exterior trim upgrades, interior trim upgrades.

I understand that placing a 'reservation' and 'ordering' an expensive vehicle, sight unseen, is a little nerve wracking. Problem is waiting time where you can overthink it. But people trying to figure out the exact perfect setup will always want something different once they have the vehicle and been using it for a while. Just like we always have before on every truck/suv; you will be modding that thing, over time, to fit your needs. Don't try and get it perfect the first time. You will get it perfect as you own it and use it and figure out what you really need and want. Plus...there is bound to be some badass aftermarket support on the Bronco. Can't wait to see some of the stuff that comes out once this is actually on the road.

I reserved what I thought I could afford with options that fit my needs for the 1st year...but for damn sure I will end up throwing some money for modifications as time goes on...that's part of the fun right!?

2cents for ya...
Sponsored

aplm7

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Dumb question but how do you make sure modifications are all insured?

Silvercloud

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1991 BMW 325i/2021 Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree, some of the fun is building it out as you go. I have made the mistake of buying too much up front and regretting some of those decisions later.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Neigh.hey

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Insured? Your car insurance should cover cost for a similar year/model/mileage vehicle but if you have some big increased cost mods added you should call them and tell them the increased value added if you are really concerned. Or after its totaled show them receipts of what you did and argue why yours is worth more then what they are saying! Pretty sure you will get screwed on an insurance claim for cars period, they don't care about a lift kit, bumpers.

If you are referring to warranty issues, that will depend on what mileage you are at when you add the mods. Suspension and any gearing/locker changes might have an affect. You want to make sure you read the warranty disclaimers and /or wait till after the 5 year/60,000k powertrain expires. I drive a bunch for work so 60k is pretty quick warranty wise.

Broncie

Raptor
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

To be honest the hardest decision for me is choosing a color, which is difficult when not being able to see it in person, or even what all the colors look like in pictures.

I need a lineup of those jerrycans to be actual broncos and then I’ll be able to sleep at night ?

but I agree! Most things will be easy to mod and make yours

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Completely disagree. The ability to option the Bronco to be completely trail ready off the dealership lot is the main reason I'm here. There are lots of vehicles that are just as good or maybe even better for my needs if I used your "you can mod it after the fact" line of reasoning.

I understand that many people enjoy modding and are excited to see what they can do to their Bronco, but NOT having to do that to the Bronco is what actually makes it special.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Call your insurance company and discuss it. Pay more for a policy that covers mods, or insure it at and agreed value for extra cost. Either way, it'll cost more. Or stay stock if you don't like to take chances.

Phil_68w10

Big Bend
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I will most likely get some aftermarket parts for mine. I've found a set of wheels I like for my F150 that I will be adding on in a few months, and I really want a set of them to match for my Bronco.

Sponsored

aplm7

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Insured? Your car insurance should cover cost for a similar year/model/mileage vehicle but if you have some big increased cost mods added you should call them and tell them the increased value added if you are really concerned. Or after its totaled show them receipts of what you did and argue why yours is worth more then what they are saying! Pretty sure you will get screwed on an insurance claim for cars period, they don't care about a lift kit, bumpers.

If you are referring to warranty issues, that will depend on what mileage you are at when you add the mods. Suspension and any gearing/locker changes might have an affect. You want to make sure you read the warranty disclaimers and /or wait till after the 5 year/60,000k powertrain expires. I drive a bunch for work so 60k is pretty quick warranty wise.
I'd think it'd be much more clear to the insurance company the value of the car if most of it was in the purchase price

OP
OP

Neigh.hey

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
To be honest the hardest decision for me is choosing a color, which is difficult when not being able to see it in person, or even what all the colors look like in pictures.

I need a lineup of those jerrycans to be actual broncos and then I’ll be able to sleep at night ?

but I agree! Most things will be easy to mod and make yours
Color is tough. Especially if you are stuck between 2 favorites.

The no locker/single locker/dual locker is a pretty big game changer for decision making on what model/option you are choosing. But if you price out ARB air lockers and compresser, it will be less cost than from factory (possible warranty concern on low mileage trucks).

I think the suspension part is a non-issue. Think about the aftermarket lift kits and coilovers that will be coming out from reputable companies. They are typically always superior vs. the factory 'off road' suspension/coilovers and offer many options for load ratings and use.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
OP, stop being logical. Ford needs to build MY Bronco EXACTLY how I want it, right down to the smallest of details.

Wait... you're telling me this is a mass produced vehicle and that isn't how this works?

Madness! I demand they cater to me as an individual. I simply CANNOT change anything myself.

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Factory options can be nice, but adding mods is part of the fun. Good reality check though. At this stage the bronco is just an idea, vehicles aren't rolling off the line yet. The accessories are imaginary. The B&P is imaginary. We all plunked down $100 for a fun idea. Hopefully it's more realistic than the cybertruck.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Lol if it's bad enough that I feel the need to modify it, I should probably keep shopping or saving till I can get what I actually want
Sponsored