Sponsored

Just reserved a Bronco for the wife any guess on timeframe?

Biigiy214

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I cancelled our first reservation with a dealer that I had done last month.I talked with them the day I reserved it and told them I wanted a 2022 because the wife’s lease is up next March of 2022.The dealer said that should work out right about when you would get it I said ok and reserved it.Two days later they call and said we need to put your order in now and said we need a 1k dollars to place order I said what?I can understand a deposit for ordering but if I want a 2022 why am I ordering now and what happens if it comes in way to early?They had no idea they just wanted my order put in I think lol.Anyways I talked to another dealer near me today and they said if you put your reservation in with us you will be getting a 2022 and they think it might come in around my timeframe of next March or April but they would no more next month in May and keep I contact with me starting in May when they no more.I said alright put my res in and see what happens.Does anyone think I might be able to get it by March or April of next year?I know I can extend the wife’s lease by a month or two so May of next year would be alright.By the way just going with base model and 4 door automatic.
Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There is nearly zero chance your Bronco would arrive before mid 22 if you recently reserved it and then flipped the reservation to an order. The only way it could happen is if the order has none of the 6 options that push availability to MY '22 AND your dealer has an open allocation slot. I doubt at this point in time any Dealer has an open MY '21 allocation slot open.

You may have a significant gap between March '22 and your delivery date.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Damn, we should start running pools on "name the date", lol...

Bronco Finder

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150 , Broncos 76, 75, 72, 72, 68, 67, 66
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A base 4 door , that's basically right off the shelf and can get in 2021. ;)

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You might be rolling in a Bronco in mid 2022 or early 2023. Good luck

You would get one sooner if you purchase one of the dealer demo‘s.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Biigiy214

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would think a year from now is realistic?I don’t want a 21 so everyone thinks March to May of next year won’t happen?

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I would think a year from now is realistic?I don’t want a 21 so everyone thinks March to May of next year won’t happen?
Depends on the production speed and commodities. People are estimating 60-70k built in MY21 tops. Between July>Sept there were ~120,000 reservations that fully converted and ordered.

So at the start of 2022 there may be some 60,000 left to be built PLUS however many people reserved/ordered from mid Sept of 2020 to now. It gets more complicated than that and Ford throws new curveballs in every month, but that should give you a picture. That said, if 2022 rolls around and Ford completely runs out of Sasquatch parts, 2.7 engine, mid-lux packages etc for a few months, your base model (if it has none of those) might be one of the first to roll off the line in Jan.

Reactions: abe

AtomJester

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Ford Bronco ii
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think they are basing it on numerous discussions on here about reservations/orders and production capacity. Based on all the information we have, many people who placed an order before the March deadline this year will still be taking delivery in the early part of '22. So, if you have not yet placed an order getting one in March '22 is along shot. Unless you can snag a demo or certified pre-owned.. haha

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bottom line, nobody knows. 12-24 months from now is the range, but until production gets going and supply chains solidify, nobody is gonna get much better than that. Don't take anything anyone says as definitive.

Clarice

Badlands
First Name
Clarissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I placed my order 4/7/21 and my dealer told me it would probably be Jan/Feb, but who really knows?!?!?

Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was going to do that but shoot might be on second wife by then and they are so color sensitive.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All speculation of course, who knows, they may be able to satisfy the back log by Mar 2022.

To receive it by March 2022, by my guesstimation, you'd want it to be built during Janurary, maybe Feb.

You would have been much better off to hold your first reservation and wait to order until the 2022 order banks open up. (priority code 99)

Ford has made waiting for a 2022 an official option. Currently, there is no expiration date on reservations.

2022 production starts December-ish 2021. The odds of having one in or around March 2022 would have been very good for an early res holder who was waiting.

All of that to say, MY GUESS IS .....the people getting their Broncos the first 1/4 of next year will mostly be those who are intenionally delaying for 2022 for various reasons.....MOD top, ManSquatch, color Green, commodity restraints etc etc.

A later res will be built after all the early reservations have been satisfied, commodities allowing, etc etc etc

Jason hamilton

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just want to chime in with my observations. 120,000 reservations converted to orders appears to be solid number. MY21 YTD production though September was 25,539, see Ford Sales report. Max production was 8,243 in August. With 2 1/2 months left of production 40K will be produced leaving 80K reservations for MY22. With 11 months of production MAP will need to average 7,272/ month to meet the current number of reservations by the end of MY22.

Dealer allocation and the demand for hard tops can create some soft top lottery winners, but a walkup order may be waiting for some time.
Sponsored