Sponsored

Just reserved, dealership offering free delivery anywhere in US + $500 bonus.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
CrossRoads Ford in South Boston VA has a $499 doc fee, but the they can't tell me anything else about MSRP or ADM.. I get it that is a while off, but it looks like some other dealerships have there stuff together.
THIS. Don't forget the "DOC FEE", "Administration fee" or whatever they want to call it

ive seen them range anywhere from $0 to over $1000
Sponsored

kf9

Outer Banks
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
j
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Koons has a Jeep dealership which is well known on Jeep forums for aggressive (under invoice) pricing but unless the Koons Ford dealership is very different than the Koons Jeep you should know:
1) They do not ship; pickup at dealership only
2) They charge a $799 processing fee (I gather that high doc/processing fees are relatively common in Virginia)

So at $1K under invoice if you aren't (relatively) local not sure the savings are really there once the costs and fees are factored in. For the 6-8% under invoice they do on some Jeep models the savings can be real even with the costs & fees but I don't see it at only $1K. Important to note they are quite upfront about this stuff so it's not a bait and switch, just something you might not yet know.
I live ten minutes from them, and have used their service department for my fusion, great service. The 800 doc fee with 1000 below invoice still seems fair to me, especially if they are my local guys.

RavenousHokie

Badlands
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford EScape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s the first time I am hearing this. I am currently reserved at Ted Britt in Fairfax.
I hadn't heard about the Koons deal either. I am also reserved at Ted Britt but will switch to Koons if I get a better deal there. I'm hoping Gardner Britt steps up and matches these deals for us. I would prefer to stay with them as I've had good experiences at Ted Britt with other vehicles i've purchased there.

FellowM3

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 22' Braptor, 2020 BMW M340
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Link to fullerton isnt there anymore showing the $500 offer and free shipping.

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Too bad we will have to see what they are presenting after the build is released. Need to pit the dealers here in NJ against each other

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just some emails I received from Fullerton's Sales Manager:

1st one had him (at that time) stating will not be below invoice. Though I had confirmed before that they will accept x-plan if available.

Ford Bronco Just reserved, dealership offering free delivery anywhere in US + $500 bonus. 1597326290175

2nd email came after I asked a few more questions. And after getting this response I replied with, Yeah, but I have until October to switch dealers. So if you don't want my business, that's fine.

Ford Bronco Just reserved, dealership offering free delivery anywhere in US + $500 bonus. 1597326342387

And his last response:

Ford Bronco Just reserved, dealership offering free delivery anywhere in US + $500 bonus. 1597326466031

Needless to say, I'm not getting a warm fuzzy feeling from him.

And my last bit of info, my google review of them from a year ago (because it's been 12 months, I can't remember exactly how my problems started with them:

Ford Bronco Just reserved, dealership offering free delivery anywhere in US + $500 bonus. 1597326638000

So in short, now you can see why I feel the way I feel about them. But with that said, as we have our other thread for this region NJ/PA/NY/De/CT/MD already, I'm trying to keep an open mind for the BENEFIT of our group. ?

Brichan

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know everyone wants the best deal they can get, but, some people are going to have issues with their new Bronco, and a relationship with their local dealer may be worth the $500 or so it costs to shop local.

I will use my local dealer and trust he will do what he is telling me he will. I have nothing on paper, so it's just trust. I want someone local to take my issues to if I have them.
When was the last time your sales person/manager handled a warranty issue with your car? I doubt the service dept and sales dept talk. Service depts want all the business they can get regardless of where the car was purchased. They just bill ford for warranty issues.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When was the last time your sales person/manager handled a warranty issue with your car? I doubt the service dept and sales dept talk. Service depts want all the business they can get regardless of where the car was purchased. They just bill ford for warranty issues.

The last time? About 3 years ago and it was the owner of the dealership who paid for what the warranty didn't.

Not everything is a clear cut warranty issue. Obviously just my opinion, but you have a better chance of the dealership advocating for you and working with you if they know you. It also helps when I've bought 8 cars from the same owner to ask for a little intervention on his part.

Last edited:

stras27

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am at Jerry's in Leesburg now but will switch tomorrow after confirming Koons is $1000 below invoice and Jerry's is MSRP. The $800 processing fee is more then Stephens Auto (WV - $265) but being local might be worth the time and money of $500.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Great to know, I reserved at Toms Ford and they said " There is talk that there might be an overage of MSRP on these vehicle but def will not be under. If a dealer is telling you under there is no way they will be doing that "
They must be making money elsewhere somehow or they just want people to switch to their dealership with empty promises and when you are stuck with them they will do what they want. Not saying some of the dealerships offering that here would do that but I honestly wouldn't trust someone I don't know when it comes to a large purchase like this. I would be a little hesitant. Hopefully no one gets screwed.

Sponsored

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Toyota Avalon, 08 Honda Civic, 01 Nissan Pathfinder, 10 3T Saab, 94 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Here's the problem with Ford which is of their own making: Ford has moved the delivery dates that will extend into 2022. In order for Ford to keep it's potential customers, the ones that pre-ordered, Ford will need to offer incentives. If I have to wait past February 2022 and getting a 2021 vehicle in 2022, paying full price doesn't make sense. If I'm going to be one of those getting my vehicle in Feb2022, I may go for the Tesla Cybertruck and wait a bit longer.

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know everyone wants the best deal they can get, but, some people are going to have issues with their new Bronco, and a relationship with their local dealer may be worth the $500 or so it costs to shop local.

I will use my local dealer and trust he will do what he is telling me he will. I have nothing on paper, so it's just trust. I want someone local to take my issues to if I have them.
IMO they go hand in hand. If thye Are going to screw you on one, they screw you on the other. Same goes for honesty. To me, the dealership that appreciates my business enough to come back with the best price is the one I’m going with. I know how dealerships work, there is volume incentives, bonuses etc. Anyone that’s charging over MSRP, for nitrogen in the tires, undercoat, doc fees is Shady. I live in a city with good public transport, I work at home and I have another car, so I’m fine with shopping this out till i have the price I want
Sponsored