First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just returned from Off Roadeo Texas. You cannot do it justice with a review. If you have the opportunity to go, you MUST go.

I’ve owned 4WD vehicles (mostly Jeeps) since I was 17. I’m now 71. I was pleasantly surprised at the Texas Hill Country terrain. The trails/obstacles kept getting more challenging as the day went on.

Super fun and a great Bronco and Off Road driving learning experience for me.
Sponsored

cricex

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7L CG Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went to the Texas one last year before I had my Bronco. Are they allowing owners to take their own Broncos yet?

OP
OP
RHeinz

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went to the Texas one last year before I had my Bronco. Are they allowing owners to take their own Broncos yet?
No. They supply the vehicles. Mostly 4D SAS, Badlands and Outer Banks.

OP
OP
RHeinz

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I drug bottom twice and hit one of the rock rails once. If it had been mine, I would have stopped and verified that there was no damage. I could also see that there could be owners who would not want to try some of the obstacles in their own Broncos, creating logistics problems for the “class”.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Went back over Father's Day weekend and had a blast. I was a little disappointed in the lack of water, but that's Texas right now. Rode the lead Bronco all day with Luke and we had a blast. Goodyear hill, Shortstack etc. 2 step was by far my fave...good time all around.

Sponsored

Geaux Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Went back over Father's Day weekend and had a blast. I was a little disappointed in the lack of water, but that's Texas right now. Rode the lead Bronco all day with Luke and we had a blast. Goodyear hill, Shortstack etc. 2 step was by far my fave...good time all around.
Off Roadeo TX was really fun especially 2 step. Does Luke still have his lucky streak going?

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Off Roadeo TX was really fun especially 2 step. Does Luke still have his lucky streak going?

when I was there in June they were still calling him Lucky. Can’t make my videos of 2 step load

Ford Bronco Just returned from Off Roadeo Texas 04E97343-5B06-4D95-A9DB-F01254552F68

Ford Bronco Just returned from Off Roadeo Texas F536FF59-E78B-45C9-BFC0-B727898EAC73

TheDoctor

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Had a blast with this...the only issue I had at the beginning was being in one-pedal drive, and didn't take the drop in smoothly. Had a great time in Texas though!

BoltUp

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was there a couple of weeks ago and Luke was still Lucky. He had Fridge assisting the day I was there. It was a great time and I learned a lot.

airforceteacher

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW sedan, Eruption Green OBX on order
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Convinced my SO to go, but the website doesn’t show available dates - can you see them after your order is verified? Is it once a month, twice a month?

Sponsored

Planet_Express_IV

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Convinced my SO to go, but the website doesn’t show available dates - can you see them after your order is verified? Is it once a month, twice a month?
The event is most days of the week when available including a modified schedule for Sunday's starting later in the day.

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Born and raised in Houston, but I avoid Texas in the Summer. No way in Hell you are going to get me down there in August. Texas in November is the best.

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
July/August in San Antonio/Austin area is not for wimps . and if you want to see people literally dry up and blow away take them to DelRio-Eaglepass-Larado country

brybar4

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Excellent experience at Off Rodeo TX. Small group of 8 people (5 vehicles). Such an amazing machine. We did narrow trails drives with tight turns, some mud, hills, Baja mode on open trail course, and rock crawling. My favorites were: 1) the demo of the stay-bar disconnect (I volunteered for this part of the ORX training) and 2) the trail control/switching to Manual in lowest gear made hills climbs and descents a breeze with just steering, no pedals. Learned how to drive with 2 feet for best control and how to use parking brake properly-need to use it every time parking the Bronco, even in the garage. Never got above 5 mph except for the Baja part. The guides were great.

Stayed in south Austin and drove to the site (1 hour) road construction delayed the trip 15 more min. There was a very long lunch, I wish they used some of that time to teach us about recovery tactics, it was on the agenda but they didn’t do it. Food was decent, catered lunch and dinner. Bring bug spray.

5886D750-E497-460E-BA5E-23F53D803341.jpeg

1FD7C535-0B6B-4905-82EA-F0F4F4AF3B5C.jpeg

1C112152-4914-4B3F-88F5-B9665D530C15.jpeg

86B54091-E2DC-4420-819F-EBB924E9417E.jpeg

3B4A0EBE-5A2F-4AE8-8EDC-4063DB07D83D.jpeg

blumtn

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'83 Toyota 4x4, '93 FJ80, '01 F250 4x4, '86 FXRS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is there any opportunity to drive a 2.3L and more specifically a 7MT in Austin (or any of the roadeos)? Thanks.
Sponsored