Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Do you really need the card? I got the packet in the mail and I think I threw it away since I just needed the membership to get the pin...fark
Unfortunately I believe you do. Call your dealer to make sure.
Technically you should need to show proof of being eligible (as in having the card). But I literally just used x-plan a few weeks ago (for my kid), I offered to show dealer the card and they said they didn't need to see it. They only cared about the pin. So it's probably different from dealer to dealer.
Sponsored

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I signed up for MCA in late July and got my card a couple weeks ago, so it takes about a month and a half currently.

@EvlNvrDys When you did X-plan, were all dealer add-ons identified at time of order on the X-plan agreement sheet? I’m trying to determine if dealer can add something to the vehicle after ordering up through delivery that I don’t want. Thanks!

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I signed up for MCA in late July and got my card a couple weeks ago, so it takes about a month and a half currently.

@EvlNvrDys When you did X-plan, were all dealer add-ons identified at time of order on the X-plan agreement sheet? I’m trying to determine if dealer can add something to the vehicle after ordering up through delivery that I don’t want. Thanks!
When I used the pin it wasn't the normal use of the pin. From what I've come to understand now, is in my case, the dealer used x-plan to get the commission from Ford for using it in order to hit the mark. The best I can explain it is, I had a set number I wanted to be at and I also had a trade involved. Just using x-plan by itself would NOT have hit my number. They had to add ($1000) to the trade, use x-plan and still give more off to meet my number. I knew it was possible to hit my mark, but it had to take a dealer willing to do it, I went to 3 before I found the right 1. Also note it was on a stock vehicle that had dealer window etching, in my case, they took that charge off as well.

But if I'm correct, which I believe I am. Dealer add-ons are definitely possible even while using x-plan. Things like window etching don't fall into the Dealer Invoice from Ford. As others have stated on these boards, you'd need to let your dealer know before hand, I don't want extra added to my vehicle. x-plan basically sets the price (Dealer Invoice - 0.04% + $275 Admin Fee). And limits the dealer doc fee, like when you see dealer XX charges $899 doc fee. They can't do that and can charge a maximum of $100 for doc fee (which doesn't include tax title license, it's the dealer fees that who knows what it covers)

I hope that helps you in some way.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When I used the pin it wasn't the normal use of the pin. From what I've come to understand now, is in my case, the dealer used x-plan to get the commission from Ford for using it in order to hit the mark. The best I can explain it is, I had a set number I wanted to be at and I also had a trade involved. Just using x-plan by itself would NOT have hit my number. They had to add ($1000) to the trade, use x-plan and still give more off to meet my number. I knew it was possible to hit my mark, but it had to take a dealer willing to do it, I went to 3 before I found the right 1. Also note it was on a stock vehicle that had dealer window etching, in my case, they took that charge off as well.

But if I'm correct, which I believe I am. Dealer add-ons are definitely possible even while using x-plan. Things like window etching don't fall into the Dealer Invoice from Ford. As others have stated on these boards, you'd need to let your dealer know before hand, I don't want extra added to my vehicle. x-plan basically sets the price (Dealer Invoice - 0.04% + $275 Admin Fee). And limits the dealer doc fee, like when you see dealer XX charges $899 doc fee. They can't do that and can charge a maximum of $100 for doc fee (which doesn't include tax title license, it's the dealer fees that who knows what it covers)

I hope that helps you in some way.
Yeah, thanks for your response! From what I’ve read in the plan agreement is there is an X-plan pricing agreement form and dealer negotiated items are added to a section there. I was wondering if that plan agreement is at time of order or delivery because I can’t tell based on the verbiage. I’m probably fixated on the special order process with the Bronco and X-plan purchases are probably primarily for vehicles that are already on the lot, so no ordering involved. Looks like it’ll be the word of the dealer and an email stating as such for what their add-ons will or won’t be. I like X-plan for the no haggle pricing and limiting doc fees. Doc fees in WA are limited to $150 anyways, so not a huge savings here, but other states with near $1000 doc fees it is very nice to have that limit.
Sponsored