Sponsored

Just some Old Man Ranting from 25 year old, enjoy!

RedTetsu13

Black Diamond
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Elantra Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I was partly inspired by this thread https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/bronco-owners-going-soft.4322/
and figured I would do some of my own seeing as I've seen some posts that have kind of annoyed me.

Pretty much the only major unknown's left are final pricing on the packages (we have estimated costs in another thread already), accessory pricing, and what accessories Ford is offering. If are seriously interested you would do the research, all you have to do is find it. Google and the Bronco 6G forum literally do all the hard work of running the search for you. A new car is considered an Investment and as with any large investment you should be doing your research beforehand. Don't expect to be given everything out right. There are also plenty of videos out to of people show casing both the interior's and exterior's of the cars as well. Given the large amount of resources before you, stop complaining about a B&P tool not being available ........

Now to the people who are saying that the 2.3 isn't powerful enough or you aren't sure if the 2.3 is enough for you, I advise you to watch the following videos:

I also urge you to keep in mind that the current 2.3 easily makes more power than Ford's old V8 from the original Bronco. ........

Next up to the people who I occasionally see ranting no V8, don't buy one or swap it if you want it that badly. Ford has literally come out and said that the V8 doesn't fit on the T6 platform. Do your research and go test drive the available engines (they are literally in other vehicles ford sells currently). I bet a good majority of you will be plenty satisfied with the V6. Keep in mind that like the Mustang, the Bronco also used an I6 as one of its engines when it first arrived on the scene. There's more to life than V8's.

I think that more or less covers most of my repeated annoyances. Regards and have some fun (It's the internet after all)!
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm regards to the 2.3 I don't think it's so much not being enough. It's more why not have more if it's available?? I drove a 2.3 Ranger and it was adequate. It did the job. But I owned a 2.7 F-150 and it was just flat out fun to drive. Always put a smile on my face. And got great gas mileage for a full size truck. Why have adequate when I can have smiles for miles?? Sounds like settling to me. It all depends on your priorities are and where you want to put your money. For me my main money goes for the 2.7 and hard top.

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I was partly inspired by this thread https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/bronco-owners-going-soft.4322/
and figured I would do some of my own seeing as I've seen some posts that have kind of annoyed me.

First for the people saying that trying to figure out their Build without the B & P tool being live, please for the love of god go back to High School or use the money for the Bronco to go to University or take a class on how to research. Pretty much the only major unknown's left are final pricing on the packages (we have estimated costs in another thread already), accessory pricing, and what accessories Ford is offering. If are seriously interested you would do the research, all you have to do is find it. Google and the Bronco 6G forum literally do all the hard work of running the search for you. A new car is considered an Investment and as with any large investment you should be doing your research beforehand. Don't expect to be given everything out right. There are also plenty of videos out to of people show casing both the interior's and exterior's of the cars as well. Given the large amount of resources before you, stop complaining about a B&P tool not being available due to your laziness (and people say my Generation is spoiled).

Now to the people who are saying that the 2.3 isn't powerful enough or you aren't sure if the 2.3 is enough for you, I advise you to watch the following videos:

I also urge you to keep in mind that the current 2.3 easily makes more power than Ford's old V8 from the original Bronco. And unless you plan on building your own version of a Raptor/Warthog, it'd be better for you to be asking questions regarding maintenance cost, Fuel Consumption, etc.

Next up to the people who I occasionally see ranting no V8, don't buy one or swap it if you want it that badly. Ford has literally come out and said that the V8 doesn't fit on the T6 platform. Do your research and go test drive the available engines (they are literally in other vehicles ford sells currently). I bet a good majority of you will be plenty satisfied with the V6. Keep in mind that like the Mustang, the Bronco also used an I6 as one of its engines when it first arrived on the scene. There's more to life than V8's.

I think that more or less covers most of my repeated annoyances. Regards and have some fun (It's the internet after all)!
So your "rant" aka complaining is about other people ranting.

.......... ;)

OP
OP

RedTetsu13

Black Diamond
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Elantra Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm regards to the 2.3 I don't think it's so much not being enough. It's more why not have more if it's available?? I drove a 2.3 Ranger and it was adequate. It did the job. But I owned a 2.7 F-150 and it was just flat out fun to drive. Always put a smile on my face. And got great gas mileage for a full size truck. Why have adequate when I can have smiles for miles?? Sounds like settling to me. It all depends on your priorities are and where you want to put your money. For me my main money goes for the 2.7 and hard top.
It might just be how I look at things, I see the choice between the two as a transmission choice rather than a engine choice. I got nearly the same Fuel Economy when I test drove both engines, and even when you look at data online both engines get basically the same fuel economy (on avg within a certain degree of error). So to me in my mind people are just flat out having the wrong discussion as prior research to me shows that the differences between the engines have to do with costs (maintenence as the 2.7 has newer technology). I might also be biased as I have been to Japan, the Philippines, and Europe and have seen that you can still have just as much fun in lower HP vehicles too. I mean if you look at the survey pricing and are looking at a 4 Dr, you are more or less paying an extra $5K worth of options.

Monster79

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Stang, 07'F150, 23',96',93',79'Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Monster79

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Methman

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Company Car
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sounds like a rant to me. People are entitled to make requests and/or rant if they want. If you don’t like it then don’t read them.

Also, a purchase of a Bronco or almost any vehicle is not an “investment,” as it will depreciate.

Wow...

Sponsored

Monster79

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t mind the 2.7. The sound the v-8 Makes is incredible!! I just want a bronco!!

Monster79

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP

RedTetsu13

Black Diamond
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Elantra Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sounds like a rant to me. People are entitled to make requests and/or rant if they want. If you don’t like it then don’t read them.

Also, a purchase of a Bronco or almost any vehicle is not an “investment,” as it will depreciate.

Wow...
When I said investment, I was not talking a literal "investment" in the finance sense but in the GDP sense. Sorry Econ major, any large purchase (whether be home or vehicle is considered investment in the GDP arguement unless this has changed).
?
Sponsored