Sponsored

Just some Old Man Ranting from 25 year old, enjoy!

OP
OP

RedTetsu13

Black Diamond
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Elantra Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Aint considered an investment if you dont ever sell it. Then its considered fun! Sorry no college and never sold anything for half what I paid. I live my life one coconut chop at a time!
No argument's there, I fully intend to keep my Bronco until it either fully breaks down beyond repair, or gasoline is fazed out as fuel source for motor vehicles.
Sponsored

OP
OP

RedTetsu13

Black Diamond
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Elantra Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, at least you know who Billy Joel is.

I might be one of the few odd ones out in my generation as my Dad is a Boomer and had exposed me to a wide range of music. Also if any good music does come out now, you either have to dig for it as they are either an indie artist or low name recognition, look back in time, or literally change the country the music is from. It's a sad era we live in...

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Let me rant. Not always, but I am tired of the 2.3 crowd talking about the power being plentiful and getting a tune; with or without a tune the 2.3 has great power and will turn 37s with the 4.7s. Enough, most do not challenge the 2.3's power, they challenge the longevity and injection and the need for a catch can. I love all inline engines. I may even get a 2.3, but most likely a 2.7. Enough said...

OP
OP

RedTetsu13

Black Diamond
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Elantra Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Let me rant. Not always, but I am tired of the 2.3 crowd talking about the power being plentiful and getting a tune; with or without a tune the 2.3 has great power and will turn 37s with the 4.7s. Enough, most do not challenge the 2.3's power, they challenge the longevity and injection and the need for a catch can. I love all inline engines. I may even get a 2.3, but most likely a 2.7. Enough said...
Finally someone who gets (50% at least) as to why the engine choices are a true struggle. I love inline engines due to their simplicity and ease of entry to work on. All my dream cars have I6 and I would have loved it if Ford had made a Bronco with a Barra from factory but the 2.7 just straight up has the better technology and true long term longevity with the dual injection. The 2.3 needs the Catch Can in order to have that same longevity and even then there is still a possibility you will have to pay to clean the intakes any way.

Sponsored

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
All my dream cars have I6 and I would have loved it if Ford had made a Bronco with a Barra from factory but the 2.7 just straight up has the better technology and true long term longevity with the dual injection. The 2.3 needs the Catch Can in order to have that same longevity and even then there is still a possibility you will have to pay to clean the intakes any way.
I agree with you. There are several I6s that come to mind with varying HP and torque RB26, Chevy 265 (forgot the model), Jeep 4.0, 2JZ, BMW is bullet proof, and the most economical and reliable if you clean the fuel filter the Plymouth/Dodge slant six and mine had well over 300K...

Last edited: