Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Rav4, 2011 Rav4, 1996 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Apologies if this is old news, but I just talked to my dealer and during the course of the conversation the fact that some folks may not buy when the vehicle comes in leaving the dealer to sell it off the lot came up. He said he didn't know what was going to happen with that.....that Ford was really tightening down on it and didn't want that to happen. so now they are going to require a commitment (deposit) from the customer to ensure that they were serious about buying the car. I personally have no problem with that...seems fair to me, but I thought it a bit strange that Ford is taking that position. Thoughts anyone?
Sponsored

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope so, which means more people back out of their order because the dealer will have no incentive to "finish the deal" and then flip the car on the lot with ADM.....which means I get a better shot at getting my car earlier.

Idiosyncratic

Base
First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I hope so, which means more people back out of their order because the dealer will have no incentive to "finish the deal" and then flip the car on the lot with ADM.....which means I get a better shot at getting my car earlier.
Amen Brother

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just use the search button and u will find dozens of topics on dealer deposits

It’s been talked at nauseum

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They are using the conversion % in the calculation for future allocation (stock units). Not going to get into details but they want the reservation email to match the buyers email. The further from 100% conversion you get the more it goes against your allocation. Enough of these and Ford might assume the dealer was trying to game the system and either slap their hands or kick them completely out of the Bronco program. So yea, it's kind of a big deal. Backing out of a reservation now does not impact this, as far as I know, it becomes a problem after the vehicle is ordered and not taken by the reservation holder.

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If I were a dealer personally I would require any deposit I would hope orders canceled so I can have the inventory

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If I were a dealer personally I would require any deposit I would hope orders canceled so I can have the inventory
But that "unconverted reservation to a sale" will hurt you (the dealer) in your future allocations of Bronco's from Ford that you can sell once all of the ordered reservations are completed. It's like a black mark on the naughty/nice list at Ford Corporate.

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But that "unconverted reservation to a sale" will hurt you (the dealer) in your future allocations of Bronco's from Ford that you can sell once all of the ordered reservations are completed. It's like a black mark on the naughty/nice list at Ford Corporate.
if the black mark is bad, then you would think that dealers would want to charge something just to get people off the reservation and prevent an unfulfilled order. I don't believe the "naughty/nice" list for a second though.......

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford is doing this for two reasons. To keep dealers from not trying hard to complete the sale on reservations, meaning dealers would love for you to back out so they have a Bronco in the showroom to sale for ADM if the market is hot in your area. Also to keep dealers honest in the reservation system, meaning dealership employees signing up for reservations they aren't going to buy, and selling them in the showroom.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
if the black mark is bad, then you would think that dealers would want to charge something just to get people off the reservation and prevent an unfulfilled order. I don't believe the "naughty/nice" list for a second though.......
No, the number of "converted reservations to sales" is a + for the dealer. It increases their allocation in the future.

Dealers are going to play games with their customers, and their supplier (Ford). They look to game the system where they can to improve their profitability. Ford has stepped in and is trying to limit the game playing by the dealers.

Sponsored

BravoV4

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Accord and a 2018 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We're seeing this right now with the Bronco Sport. Ford is not playing games with this, I can see them reaching out to customers to make sure they aren't purchasing/leasing the vehicle that they've ordered/Pre-Ordered.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do a search for penalties as they have been discussed plenty on here as well and you will understand why some dealerships are requiring an additional deposit to help weed out the tire kickers. It is way more than a "naughty/nice" list and the people downstream at your dealership will certainly believe in it if to many people ahead of them cancel.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’m not sure if they’ll get a bad mark from Ford. It doesn’t make any sense. It’s not a dealers fault if someone backs out of their order especially with the covid economy.

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Apologies if this is old news, but I just talked to my dealer and during the course of the conversation the fact that some folks may not buy when the vehicle comes in leaving the dealer to sell it off the lot came up. He said he didn't know what was going to happen with that.....that Ford was really tightening down on it and didn't want that to happen. so now they are going to require a commitment (deposit) from the customer to ensure that they were serious about buying the car. I personally have no problem with that...seems fair to me, but I thought it a bit strange that Ford is taking that position. Thoughts anyone?
I think that is correct; however, Ford is still leaving "return of deposit" to the discretion of the dealer.

Most will likely offer your deposit back, because it would be more likely that you wouldn't take delivery, if you can get your money back. Then the undelivered Bronco's will still become Dealer Inventory.
Sponsored