First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At least you had a conversation with them. I haven’t heard a peep from my dealership since I placed my order.
Sponsored

OP
OP

sirdude

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Rav4, 2011 Rav4, 1996 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealer call this morning. I had asked him to give me a ball park when he thought mine might be delivered. Told him I knew it was a moving target. He said they have about 300 reservations and I was number 85. Based on what he felt their allocation was going to be and the fact they only have 3 First Editions reserved, he felt it was probably going to be fall before mine came in. I was hoping it would be sooner then that (based on a 7/14 reservation and that is still possible), but on the up side, that gives me that much more time to set some additional cash aside! : )

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Apologies if this is old news, but I just talked to my dealer and during the course of the conversation the fact that some folks may not buy when the vehicle comes in leaving the dealer to sell it off the lot came up. He said he didn't know what was going to happen with that.....that Ford was really tightening down on it and didn't want that to happen. so now they are going to require a commitment (deposit) from the customer to ensure that they were serious about buying the car. I personally have no problem with that...seems fair to me, but I thought it a bit strange that Ford is taking that position. Thoughts anyone?
I bet that’s to keep dealers from jacking up the prices once the vehicle comes in.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bet that’s to keep dealers from jacking up the prices once the vehicle comes in.
Actually, it's to make sure all of their sales people didn't reserve one so they have "inventory" on the ground. This would actually put the dealer in a position to hold out for more $$ from a non-reservation holder. At some point in the future we will have "stock" and hopefully some mannequin vehicles but for now they want these on the road pissing Jeep owners off.

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Actually, it's to make sure all of their sales people didn't reserve one so they have "inventory" on the ground. This would actually put the dealer in a position to hold out for more $$ from a non-reservation holder. At some point in the future we will have "stock" and hopefully some mannequin vehicles but for now they want these on the road pissing Jeep owners off.
I went to my local Ford dealer about a week ago, to look at a super crew ranger and to give them my info, if they ever got a bronco for demos, training etc... I had one of the salesmen ask me if I wanted to buy their FE reservation.

Sponsored

Dajosh

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 2018 Hyundai Tucson 1967 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think Ford is requiring any kind of deposit, the dealer is. I have no problem with the dealers asking for a deposit, but if they told me Ford is making them and it isn't true... I would personally change dealers.

Honesty is the single most important thing to me when it comes to buying something.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went to my local Ford dealer about a week ago, to look at a super crew ranger and to give them my info, if they ever got a bronco for demos, training etc... I had one of the salesmen ask me if I wanted to buy their FE reservation.
Holy shit. That is a terrible idea on their part. Ford is looking for the reservation holder email address and information to match the actual purchaser's. I have an idea how Ford is going to do that but the potential downside of getting caught more than outweighs the potential couple thousand gross. First offense for trying to game the process is a warning, second is suspension from bronco program, third is complete removal from program. In this situation, reward does not outweigh the risk.

Fireman Dave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2020 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have no problem giving the dealer a deposit to place my order but if it isn't refundable I won't do it. Ford is asking me to purchase a vehicle that I have never seen in person and no guarantee on when I will get it. That's a lot of assumptions about how things are going to work out.
I am not going that far out on a limb for anything. As long as my deposit is refundable if things don't work out I am wiling to place the order.

Kenny

Big Bend
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Silverado Z71
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Apologies if this is old news, but I just talked to my dealer and during the course of the conversation the fact that some folks may not buy when the vehicle comes in leaving the dealer to sell it off the lot came up. He said he didn't know what was going to happen with that.....that Ford was really tightening down on it and didn't want that to happen. so now they are going to require a commitment (deposit) from the customer to ensure that they were serious about buying the car. I personally have no problem with that...seems fair to me, but I thought it a bit strange that Ford is taking that position. Thoughts anyone?
I have an email from my salesperson from a week or two back. He specifically said they were not requiring a deposit.

I’m wondering if your dealer is throwing Ford under the bus.

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Holy shit. That is a terrible idea on their part. Ford is looking for the reservation holder email address and information to match the actual purchaser's. I have an idea how Ford is going to do that but the potential downside of getting caught more than outweighs the potential couple thousand gross. First offense for trying to game the process is a warning, second is suspension from bronco program, third is complete removal from program. In this situation, reward does not outweigh the risk.
Yep. I wasn't happy about that. If they didn't want it in the first place, they shouldn't have reserved it. Probably looking for a sucker and sell it at a mark up to transfer it. I'll just name drop the dealer here. :ROFLMAO:

https://www.charlottecountyford.com/

Sponsored

King Dusty

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, First Edition...
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ford would be wise to to make all special or performance vehicles only available through an msrp / online reservation system rather than dealers ruining customer experiences and souring them on the brand due to ADM. Hope the next raptor and warthog go this route, or at least the first couple years of production.

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer said no additional deposit. If they asked for 400 to 900 more to show good faith I'd be ok... but it better be refundable. They're nuts if they think I'll throw $ away in case it comes in with issues, its way delayed, etc.

If it's non-refundable I'll move to something else.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It’s not out of the ordinary for a dealership to request a deposit when “special ordering” a vehicle. Make sure you read the terms of the contract before you give them the money and signing

If for some reason you end up not purchasing the bronco you don’t want to be on the hook for any additional hidden cancellation fees.

This is important because these fees can be significant and may not be covered by the deposit you give the dealership.
Sponsored