First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This whole thread confirms what I feel and think; reservations really do not have any play. The dealers can will loosely follow the reservation order and sequence.
Sponsored

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This thread sounds like a good place to shed light on shady dealers :)
Pun intended lol

OP
OP

sirdude

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Rav4, 2011 Rav4, 1996 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealer called me yesterday and went over the B&P I had already sent him to confirm I hadn't changed my mind on anything and said that it would be placed on the 7th assuming the system didn't crash and said he would give me a call once Ford confirmed the order.

rbeaudo1

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My dealer called me and set up a appointment on Dec 11 to put my order in. No extra deposit required. Also said it did not matter when it was put in as they will go bye reservation time stamp when the order banks close in Jan.

OP
OP

sirdude

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Rav4, 2011 Rav4, 1996 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealer just called.....after everything got pushed back last time my Dec 11 appointment was canceled. Called me today and set up one for Monday @ 3:30. He said we will complete a buyers order and he'll drop that on the 15th or when ever orders open. he still thins they will build all the two doors first and then the four doors will follow a month or two after that. Guess well see........

Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
........which means I get a better shot at getting my car earlier.
Psst, it not a car we are talking about. Your registration number just got two zeros added to the end for calling the Bronco a car.

Dems da rules.

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.evergreenclothier.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 Tiguan S w/4motion | '14 Fiesta SE Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would imagine many folks are going to need to finance their Bronco. What happens if you throw down the added deposit and then you aren’t able to secure financing when it gets delivered?

Apologies if this was already covered. I won’t be butt hurt if you guys drag me through the sage bush ?

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Psst, it not a car we are talking about. Your registration number just got two zeros added to the end for calling the Bronco a car.

Dems da rules.
All trucks are cars, but not all cars are trucks.

Sponsored

nastyMAC

Badlands
First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW gli
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Apologies if this is old news, but I just talked to my dealer and during the course of the conversation the fact that some folks may not buy when the vehicle comes in leaving the dealer to sell it off the lot came up. He said he didn't know what was going to happen with that.....that Ford was really tightening down on it and didn't want that to happen. so now they are going to require a commitment (deposit) from the customer to ensure that they were serious about buying the car. I personally have no problem with that...seems fair to me, but I thought it a bit strange that Ford is taking that position. Thoughts anyone?
No test drive no deposit or order!
B&P is already a mess, I'm no fool handling $$$ w/o an actual Bronco!

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Show us where on the Ford site the Bronco is called a car and you get a star. Wanna get technical they classify it as a SUV.

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Show us where on the Ford site the Bronco is called a car and you get a star. Wanna get technical they classify it as a SUV.
Okay, I'm just gonna get pedantic for a bit. Since you accused me of getting "technical".

The order of classification is:

Vehicle
--- Carriage
--- Aeroplane
--- Rail
--- Aquatic
--- Organic

We're only interested in the first one for this conversation. And we only really care how it is classified in the U.S.

Now, a metric butt tonne of English Intellectuals will want to tell you that the word "Car" comes from the Latin carrus/carrum which means "Wheeled Vehicle". But we don't really need to go that far back, do we?

Carriages are the buggies, carts and other horse drawn vehicles used before the Motorized Carriage was invented. Roads were made for foot travel and horse drawn carriages used them prior to the invention of the "Motorized Carriage".

Colloquially, Motorized Carriages came to be called "Motor Cars", and then just "Cars".

All cars are vehicles. But not all vehicles are cars. See where this is going yet?

Now, the classification of "Car" has predated all other classifications except Motorized Carriage and Motor Car, and it should be noted, it's still used as an abbreviation of the term Motorized Carriage.

The word "Car" encompasses any and all wheeled vehicles that carry people or things.

Be it horse drawn, two wheeled, electric, gas, it doesn't matter, if it's used to haul your ass, it's a "car."

Now, because people are generally lazy and don't like to fact check, we've taken the word "Car" to mean Passenger Car, but, it's really like looking up into the sky and calling a jet a "plane". You're not wrong, but you are. A jet is a type of aeroplane.

Just as a truck is a type of car, a passenger car is a type of car, a van is a type of car, an SUV is a type of car. Even a motorcycle is technically a type of car, along with a bike.

The only thing you have to do is understand the word "car" a colloquial abbreviation of the word "carriage".

So, I repeat:

Last edited:

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Okay, I'm just gonna get pedantic for a bit. ...
and blah, blah blah......

Ha ha. You spent all that time writing that. I didn’t even read past what I quoted above. I will give your post a “like” for your efforts.

The Bronco is not a car, call it a truck or a rig. Your KIa Soul with the mighty turbo is closer to being a car. Well not much, it is a Kia Soul after all. No points for being a turbo either.
Sponsored