First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thank you! Words have meaning! God we need some new news...
Sponsored

timgarrett

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 F-250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Went into my dealer yesterday to finalize my BnP so he could have my order ready when ever Ford decides to take it. I have been on the fence about the squash package, but I ended up adding it while I was there (no pressure from the dealer at all). Then I got home and had a revelation. I do not know what these 35" tires and rims weigh, but I suspect it's pretty close to 100 lbs. I'm an old fart and would probably have a hard time changing a tire on level ground, let alone is some award position on a trail somewhere. I guess my question is, would it be a problem to go down to some smaller tire (say 33's) later on given the fact that everything is set up for 35's? Maybe a speedo calibration? Thanks everyone!
I see you're in Norfolk. Is Priority Ford your dealer? I have a reservation there but haven't had any communication other than e-mails back in July.

Khayze427

Badlands
First Name
Hayes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Okay, I'm just gonna get pedantic for a bit. Since you accused me of getting "technical".

The order of classification is:

Vehicle
--- Carriage
--- Aeroplane
--- Rail
--- Aquatic
--- Organic

We're only interested in the first one for this conversation. And we only really care how it is classified in the U.S.

Now, a metric butt tonne of English Intellectuals will want to tell you that the word "Car" comes from the Latin carrus/carrum which means "Wheeled Vehicle". But we don't really need to go that far back, do we?

Carriages are the buggies, carts and other horse drawn vehicles used before the Motorized Carriage was invented. Roads were made for foot travel and horse drawn carriages used them prior to the invention of the "Motorized Carriage".

Colloquially, Motorized Carriages came to be called "Motor Cars", and then just "Cars".

All cars are vehicles. But not all vehicles are cars. See where this is going yet?

Now, the classification of "Car" has predated all other classifications except Motorized Carriage and Motor Car, and it should be noted, it's still used as an abbreviation of the term Motorized Carriage.

The word "Car" encompasses any and all wheeled vehicles that carry people or things.

Be it horse drawn, two wheeled, electric, gas, it doesn't matter, if it's used to haul your ass, it's a "car."

Now, because people are generally lazy and don't like to fact check, we've taken the word "Car" to mean Passenger Car, but, it's really like looking up into the sky and calling a jet a "plane". You're not wrong, but you are. A jet is a type of aeroplane.

Just as a truck is a type of car, a passenger car is a type of car, a van is a type of car, an SUV is a type of car. Even a motorcycle is technically a type of car, along with a bike.

The only thing you have to do is understand the word "car" a colloquial abbreviation of the word "carriage".

So, I repeat:

All trucks are cars, but not all cars are trucks.
Love it. Brightened my day. Thanks. ?

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Went into my dealer yesterday to finalize my BnP so he could have my order ready when ever Ford decides to take it. I have been on the fence about the squash package, but I ended up adding it while I was there (no pressure from the dealer at all). Then I got home and had a revelation. I do not know what these 35" tires and rims weigh, but I suspect it's pretty close to 100 lbs. I'm an old fart and would probably have a hard time changing a tire on level ground, let alone is some award position on a trail somewhere. I guess my question is, would it be a problem to go down to some smaller tire (say 33's) later on given the fact that everything is set up for 35's? Maybe a speedo calibration? Thanks everyone!
I assume by the little icon under your username you are going Badlands, correct? If that is still the case, and you are worried about the weight of the 35's, why sasquatch at all and instead just stick with the stock 33's? Doesn't make sense to spend all that money on Sasq only to downsize the tires afterwards. When compared to a stock BL, Sasq is only adding a 1/2" worth of lift, wider fender flares and the beadlock capable wheels with 35's.

Silver&Black_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Sherief
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC (2010), '21 Bronco BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I assume by the little icon under your username you are going Badlands, correct? If that is still the case, and you are worried about the weight of the 35's, why sasquatch at all and instead just stick with the stock 33's? Doesn't make sense to spend all that money on Sasq only to downsize the tires afterwards. When compared to a stock BL, Sasq is only adding a 1/2" worth of lift, wider fender flares and the beadlock capable wheels with 35's.
This ?, 100%.

Exactly what I decided to do a few weeks ago.
After debating between 6+ builds on 3 different trims, finally realized that a non-SAS Badlands is exactly what I need....on the stock 33s.

Sponsored

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just ran a price check on my Badlands. SAS is less than $900 when added to my build (which already had 33" M/T tires).

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I could be mistaken, just woke up. However, I believe the weight on the SaSq tires is right around 77lbs. So about 29lbs heavier than non-SaSq.

Can't remember if I read it or was told that by someone. Was up all night playin' the new Call of Duty game, heh. Gettin' too old for all nighters. I'll fact check myself after I get some coffee in me.

broncoskip

Outer Banks
First Name
Broncoskip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

$500 is an equitable trade that solidifies a contract or intent to purchase.

I don't see the problem here.

I am sitting here holding my $500 telling Ford to shut up and take my money. I just want my Bronco.

futurama-shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

OP
OP

sirdude

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Rav4, 2011 Rav4, 1996 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see you're in Norfolk. Is Priority Ford your dealer? I have a reservation there but haven't had any communication other than e-mails back in July.
I started out with Priority, but they just didn't seem very responsive or knowledgeable IMO. I switched to Beach and have been satisfied with both responsiveness and knowledge level. Tanner Baine is my POC, very happy with him.

OP
OP

sirdude

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, Badlands and I was exactly of the same mindset as you until I realized it was only going to cost 1500.00 for me to Sasq it given the way I had already specced it out. Almost like a bargain (I don't need). I do know that if I go back with 33's, it's probably gonna cost maybe $2300.00 or so. I don't know if I would be able to use the same rims or not.

Sponsored
OP
OP

sirdude

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I could be mistaken, just woke up. However, I believe the weight on the SaSq tires is right around 77lbs. So about 29lbs heavier than non-SaSq.

Can't remember if I read it or was told that by someone. Was up all night playin' the new Call of Duty game, heh. Gettin' too old for all nighters. I'll fact check myself after I get some coffee in me.
Thanks for the info!! 77 doesn't sound as bad as 100, but it's still pretty heavy for one old fart probably by himself (worst case).

OP
OP

sirdude

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This ?, 100%.

Exactly what I decided to do a few weeks ago.
After debating between 6+ builds on 3 different trims, finally realized that a non-SAS Badlands is exactly what I need....on the stock 33s.
Understood, and I may go the same way. One other disappointment, I was decided on Area 51, until I saw one of their painted gas cans...was not at all what I thought....so now I am never never land about the color again....sigh.....

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, Badlands and I was exactly of the same mindset as you until I realized it was only going to cost 1500.00 for me to Sasq it given the way I had already specced it out. Almost like a bargain (I don't need). I do know that if I go back with 33's, it's probably gonna cost maybe $2300.00 or so. I don't know if I would be able to use the same rims or not.
If it was only going to cost you an additional $1500 then I assume you are going to get the optional beadlock capable wheels regardless of Sasq? That is what I am currently planning on doing as well (at least thats the plan for this week). It still doesn't make sense to spend that money and then turn around and spend more to get back to where you started. And yes, 33's will fit on the Sasq wheels. If I remember right, those are 8.5" wide while the standard and optional beadlock capables are 8.0" wide.

As far as A51, it needs to be seen in person. I saw it on a Sport and really liked it. It really brightens up in full sun but looks more slate when cloudy. Beach Ford and Cavalier Ford both have an A51 Big Bend Sport on their lots if you want to have a look.

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You know, I'm old too. Well, getting there. My knees definitely aren't' what they used to be. ?

What I'm doing is getting the Sasquatch and then switching to 33's after we've run the 35's into the ground.

Also, here's a pretty good thread on tires, has some weights and measures sprinkled throughout.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...much-swapping-p-rated-to-lt.10698/post-389115

Mrpenn46

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs