Sponsored

Just test drove a 2 Door WT ... Eh! Some disappointing discoveries.

Oldred57

Black Diamond
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Exactly....some people think a truck needs to be a 500 horsepower race ready rig to be interesting. They never drove an old B2000 or 4 runner or....anything. What do you expect for $38,000? Oh yeah, they expect a killer stereo, luxory trim, electronic gadgets to rival the SpaceX Dragon. And want to pay $55,000. Not me, I get bare bones....truck.....and I'm happy.
For real. People forget that they’re buying a bronco.
Sponsored

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So took about a 30 minute drive in a 2 Door WT (Roseville, CA)....

Put it like this: imagine that woman you've been dreaming about getting into bed for say...a year... And you finally do, and she just lays there! Sure, it was enjoyable, but not really what you had imagined. Would you do it again if given the chance.... No doubt! but that fantasy has been shattered.

Flame away, but here are my take aways..

1) very first thing I noticed was that the dash seemed like it was pointing at my feet. I'm not very tall but the dash is pointing straight out at my chest instead of being slightly tilted back. Yeah I'll get used to it, but I the taller you are, I can imagine the worse the angle gets.

2) The sound system (not B&O, only had Mid package) was horrific. Has to be one of the worst I've had in any of my cars in the last two or three decades. I never realized what a difference door speakers make. I cranked up the volume and it sounded like crap. Noticing the rear speakers were tiny so I faded the sound just to the back and they may as well have been a pair of headsets.. terrible sounding.... No way in hell I'm paying the extra for Lux, but dang Ford... Really?

3) let me apologize ahead of time to all my fellow members of the forum... But it's about the engine. I have a Mazda 3 with the 2.5 n/a. When in sports mode, it puts you back in your seat. The Bronco is twice as heavy AND it had 35's, but with the 2.7 twin Turbo'd, I had expected at least the same. Not really. I dunno, maybe something was out of wack (like crap gas) but there was nothing there AND I had it in sports mode....MY point is not about the 2.7 but about the 2.3... I can not imagine any world in which I would want the 2.3 in a Bronco with Sasquatch ( or possibly just any 4 door trim). This was a 2 door on 35s with the 2.7 and the power was sufficient but that was about it. It had good pull from a dead stop...but going say 40ish and then stomping on it... Eeh.

4) maybe not a big deal, but at one point I pulled over to pop the top off, At least the driver's side and went to go put it in the back of the two door.. couldn't really figure out how to fit it. I'm sure it would fit somehow but it was tight and I didn't want to scratch anything up so I put it back on.

Some good things....

1) this particular Bronco I looked at the sound deadening around the latches and it was impressive and was cut very well with rounded corners. Very little top was exposed. I would have taken a picture but in true Murphy fashion I forgot my phone.

2) this particular one was in velocity blue. I never thought about this color since it was late availability but it is metallic and gorgeous. I was convinced I was going to switch my color of choice to it, But I just think it might show scratches and dirt more than I would like (I'm going with Iconic for functionality and durability)

3) this Bronco had the cloth camouflaged seats and I absolutely love them. If you don't like a darker tan color I understand. But if you were one of the ones that freaked out over the camouflage dark middles, I just really don't think it's that big of a deal. I actually had to remind myself to look closely to tell that it was camouflaged.

4) it is big so I kind of like that feeling. The hood is large so it took a little bit of getting used to but I think in the long run, especially for those getting camera, think you'll be okay. Definitely not the kind of visibility I'm used to in my cars but then again this isn't a car.

... If I think of anything else I'll update.
Ford Bronco Just test drove a 2 Door WT ... Eh! Some disappointing discoveries. D5B95A7D-8425-4464-B8C9-5A2E6471BCE8

schlava

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F250; 2021 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Any Jeep owners that have experience with the bronco’s sound system? Curious how they compare being both vehicle lose the speakers in the door concept...
I have a 14 jk 2 door with alpine system. And while it’sa decent system nothing I’d write home about it blows the doors off my obx std system

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The Ford F150 2.7 can do 0-60 in 6.9 sec.The Ford F150 2.7 has always been one of the fastest 1/2 tons on the market. Most reports from test driving the 2.7 Bronco have been very positive. Not sure what to make of your post other than Ford must de-tune these motors until the break-in miles are complete.

Sponsored

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Subjective reviews are meaningless to me. Some love every feature, some hate the same features. Sorry you don't like the power and dash and all. I'll probably love it.
Will you still live in denial after Car and Driver, Motor Trend, and Road & Track say the same things? A little less love?

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Put it like this: imagine that woman you've been dreaming about getting into bed for say...a year... And you finally do, and she just lays there! Sure, it was enjoyable, but not really what you had imagined. Would you do it again if given the chance.... No doubt! but that fantasy has been shattered.

1) very first thing I noticed was that the dash seemed like it was pointing at my feet. I'm not very tall but the dash is pointing straight out at my chest instead of being slightly tilted back. Yeah I'll get used to it, but I the taller you are, I can imagine the worse the angle gets.

2) The sound system (not B&O, only had Mid package) was horrific. Has to be one of the worst I've had in any of my cars in the last two or three decades. I never realized what a difference door speakers make. I cranked up the volume and it sounded like crap. Noticing the rear speakers were tiny so I faded the sound just to the back and they may as well have been a pair of headsets.. terrible sounding.... No way in hell I'm paying the extra for Lux, but dang Ford... Really?

3) let me apologize ahead of time to all my fellow members of the forum... But it's about the engine. I have a Mazda 3 with the 2.5 n/a. When in sports mode, it puts you back in your seat. The Bronco is twice as heavy AND it had 35's, but with the 2.7 twin Turbo'd, I had expected at least the same. Not really. I dunno, maybe something was out of wack (like crap gas) but there was nothing there AND I had it in sports mode....MY point is not about the 2.7 but about the 2.3... I can not imagine any world in which I would want the 2.3 in a Bronco with Sasquatch ( or possibly just any 4 door trim). This was a 2 door on 35s with the 2.7 and the power was sufficient but that was about it. It had good pull from a dead stop...but going say 40ish and then stomping on it... Eeh.

4) maybe not a big deal, but at one point I pulled over to pop the top off, At least the driver's side and went to go put it in the back of the two door.. couldn't really figure out how to fit it. I'm sure it would fit somehow but it was tight and I didn't want to scratch anything up so I put it back on.

Some good things....

1) this particular Bronco I looked at the sound deadening around the latches and it was impressive and was cut very well with rounded corners. Very little top was exposed. I would have taken a picture but in true Murphy fashion I forgot my phone.

2) this particular one was in velocity blue. I never thought about this color since it was late availability but it is metallic and gorgeous. I was convinced I was going to switch my color of choice to it, But I just think it might show scratches and dirt more than I would like (I'm going with Iconic for functionality and durability)

3) this Bronco had the cloth camouflaged seats and I absolutely love them. If you don't like a darker tan color I understand. But if you were one of the ones that freaked out over the camouflage dark middles, I just really don't think it's that big of a deal. I actually had to remind myself to look closely to tell that it was camouflaged.

4) it is big so I kind of like that feeling. The hood is large so it took a little bit of getting used to but I think in the long run, especially for those getting camera, think you'll be okay. Definitely not the kind of visibility I'm used to in my cars but then again this isn't a car.

My Glass is half Full… yours is half empty!
Loved it (except the Radio, but its an off-road vehicle, don’t really care.
Sorry you hated it. 😕

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Some good things....

My wife says that she thinks that this probably isn’t the vehicle for you!
You’re comparing apples to grapes!
It’s not a sports car!!
It’s an off-road truck! It is 10 times better than anything else that’s like that!

Good luck!🍀

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some good things....

Okay, so off-road SUV not like your car. Got it. Thanks.

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Some good things....

I'm glad you mentioned the sound system.. That a huge part of the drive for me. I know going into this imma replace it.. I don't agree with your stance on the engine.. I'm sure someone will explain it better but you're comparing two different types of rides, geared and tuned different. So... I bet if you flipped it the Mazda cant run trails like the bronco....

Sponsored

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Some good things....

Jeep and most truck dashes are straight up and down. I’m not sure what the complaint is?
People always complain about sound systems. I’ve never had a complaint. Maybe this will be my first. I ordered the high pack.

I do know that with the JK Jeep rubi hardtop it was not quiet enough to
Make Bluetooth calls. I’ve heard the Bronco is quieter.

Did you cancel your order?

Sascrotch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetpack
Your Bronco Model
Base

Some good things....

I also went and saw the bronco at Future Ford in Roseville, though I didn't test drive it. I personally didn't notice anything weird with the dash at 6'3, but I've driven ford vehicles for most of my life so maybe it's more noticeable coming from other brands. I'd definitely echo your thoughts on the seats and color. Both looked SO good in person, and I wasn't a big fan of either from B&P.
Sponsored