Sponsored

Just test drove a 2 Door WT ... Eh! Some disappointing discoveries.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you wait a few years to get a Bronco then I am sure Ford well fix and change some of the bad .

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The engine is detuned for the break in period so that would explain the lack of power. I anticipated the sound being lack luster. No plan to put speakers in the door but I will find a way to upgrade the system once I get it. Small speakers on the dash might go a long way.
The engine is detuned for break in? What is your source for this info? There is no detuning for a break in period. If the dealer put in 87 oct fuel it would be down on peak power. There is no magic in the ECU to turn on additional power at a set mileage.

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As an owner of multiple Fords, the standard speakers have always sucked. I've upgraded all the speakers in my last 2 trucks and will do so with the Bronco when I eventually get one. I've accepted it as a fact of life. I do like my wifes Alpine system that came in her Jeep, but alas, Ford only allows the 'good speakers' on certain trims.

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I love reading these because so many people have no idea what a bronco is... EDIT:. We all want the bronco for different reasons. For me, this thing will cover gnarly terrain and get me way back into nature and then do 75 mph on the freeway on the way home. These things just aren't made to be city drivers. Test drives should be held on BLM... Then we can have some real discussions.
You’re right! I’m comparing it to the Bronco it was designed after, the Original 1st Gen 66 to 77!
So this thing is just like a freaking Rocket-Launching-Off-road Cadillac! in my opinion, and it halls ass! More then Anything I have ever had !
I have built Street Drag motor small block V8s that weren’t as quick
Also….the design is so freaking cool when you compare to the original. A lot of the people here only know the Bronco that OJ drove, basically an F150 with a camper shell.
I don’t know, I think some of the people out there think this thing is going to be like a range rover or something? Go spend $100,000!!

Sponsored

SpeedLimit18

Wildtrak
First Name
Jackson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee SRT, Z51 CMG C8
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The engine is detuned for break in? What is your source for this info? There is no detuning for a break in period. If the dealer put in 87 oct fuel it would be down on peak power. There is no magic in the ECU to turn on additional power at a set mileage.
You obviously dont own a C8.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You obviously dont own a C8.
He's not suggesting that no engines are ever detuned for break-in. (The C8's engine obviously is, and GM clearly states that in the C8 owners manual.) He's just challenging the conventional wisdom that keeps getting repeated on the forum that the Bronco engines are detuned for break-in.

FWIW, I started a new thread yesterday to address this very issue. Here is the link.

AP_2004

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E46 M3, IS250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have read a few complaints about the speakers already. I am assuming you’ve never driven a wrangler then. When you take the front panels or whole top off the speakers are kind of useless anyway. If audio is an important feature to you, I highly recommend test driving a wrangler with panels on and panels off to get a reference.
True but the Bronco I drove was lackluster with all the windows up and a closed soft top. I can only imagine what it’ll sound like with windows down, tops removed. It’s definitely going to be at the top of my upgrade list.

Sponsored

Grey Goose

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi SQ5, 2018 Volvo XC90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Drove a two door with the 2.7 on Saturday. Very disappointing. Very slow. Likely cancelling my order.

Felt like 200 hp rather than 320+.

wjfawb0 [hacked account]

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
As an owner of multiple Fords, the standard speakers have always sucked. I've upgraded all the speakers in my last 2 trucks and will do so with the Bronco when I eventually get one. I've accepted it as a fact of life. I do like my wifes Alpine system that came in her Jeep, but alas, Ford only allows the 'good speakers' on certain trims.
Same here. The speaker system in my '10 F150 XLT, wife's '12 Titanium Focus, '13 Explorer Limited, my '15 Mustang GT all are pretty pathetic. The Alpine upgrade in my '15 wrangler rubicon is the best factory system I've ever had. And, at that time, the factory radio is a double din unit that is very easy to swap out for aftermarket without touching the factory amps and speakers. I upgraded speakers and added a custom trunk sub in my '15 Mustang GT, but it still sucked compared to my '15 Wrangler's Alpine system. I considered added door speakers (liek Ford's high end mustang package), but at the end of the day, with Forscan and all the integrated crap in the ford I just sold the car.

BabyDoc1012

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sierra, 2019 Ascent
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
True but the Bronco I drove was lackluster with all the windows up and a closed soft top. I can only imagine what it’ll sound like with windows down, tops removed. It’s definitely going to be at the top of my upgrade list.
I wasn’t clear in my original post, I meant that the audio is lack luster with doors on, windows up and top on. My wrangler with a hardtop was meh at best and that was the upgraded audio. With the front panels off, I didn’t even bother.

AP_2004

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E46 M3, IS250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wasn’t clear in my original post, I meant that the audio is lack luster with doors on, windows up and top on. My wrangler with a hardtop was meh at best and that was the upgraded audio. With the front panels off, I didn’t even bother.
Can’t speak for the upgraded audio but the main advantage I see is having roll bar speakers in the back seat area instead of in the cargo area. That does give the Jeep a slight edge but both Bronco and Jeep would need an upgrade to give the sound some more punch. But the Bronco having complete open air is worth the sacrifice!!

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Drove a two door with the 2.7 on Saturday. Very disappointing. Very slow. Likely cancelling my order. Felt like 200 hp rather than 320+.
It was that bad?!? Really??? Wow... that sounds like RAV4 power. Although, if you do the math, it really is RAV4 power. The RAV4 has 205 HP and weighs 3370 lbs; a heavy 4 door Bronco weighs 5100 lbs and has 320 HP. (BTW - RAV4 0-60 is probably about 8.7 seconds).

Simple ratio would suggest that the 4 door Bronco is around 51% heavier... and 51% more HP would be 310 HP. So, that's not completely unexpected performance based on the numbers and the weight of a 4 door; but, this is a two door and should be significantly lighter with correspondingly more gallop.
Sponsored