First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura 2020/2022 ILX, 2017 RDX
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thanks to one of the other B6G posters (not posers) I was able to test drive and check out the Bronco and take it for a little ride. Can't say what dealership (I promised not to but the city's abbreviations are MF in WI). The person I spoke to was pissed that he posted it as they were getting dozens of calls to set up a test drive.

It was a 2 door, 2.7 Carbonized Grey Big Bend with Sasquatch and an ACTUAL MIC top along with sidesteps and roof rack. Truly a rare beast in the wild. Other than that thought it was Mid package but no label on it.

My impressions based on first time seeing it. IT IS BIG and intimidating. It was sitting next to an F150 and you know how they compare, but it just looked more menacing. My 18 year old daughter was with me and even she said, "holy cow that looks mean". She also asked if we had gotten a 2 or 4 door (4 dr FE) and her response was good, it looks too small which I found a little funny and ironic given her last comment. The grey and the MIC top looked good. Inside it was pretty simple but everything still felt good and solid. My daughter said she had plenty of room in the back (5'7"). I also confirmed that their is no way my wife (5'3") will be able to step in without the sidesteps as even I struggled without using them and I am 5'10".

I was able to take it out for about a 15 minute ride (freeway, highway, side street and a little bit of bumpy road as well). It was a little scary and I was a little hesitant because just my luck I thought I was going to crash it. Acceleration and control was really nice. That front hood is long but the strap downs really help. Good overall visibility and again felt big sitting up high compared to my Acura ILX. Didn't play with a lot of gadgets (like radio or GOAT modes) as he was with and I had to sweet talk the guy into letting me take it for a ride. Less road noise than my Acura and despite some decent bumps and pothole it was like gliding on a smooth road. I was impressed. As my daughter had said, you look like the kid from Christmas Story who just got his bb gun, and I can't disagree with her even though it wasn't mine.

Overall, stoked and cannot wait. As soon as other dealers get them I am going to go for test drives in those as well. Just like the kid on the roller coaster that says, "Again, again, again."

Ford Bronco Just Test Drove the Bronco-1st One in the State FFA53925-116E-46F8-913A-21EF2C2DB2A7
Sponsored

Hobgoblin

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 Touareg, ā€˜10 Jetta, ā€˜07 Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congratulations on the chance to test drive. What was your impression of the acceleration and power of the 2.7L?

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It was a little scary and I was a little hesitant because just my luck I thought I was going to crash it.
"You break it, you (can) buy it." Applies here right?

kirnma

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for the first impressions. My Bronco (2-door) when I get it will be my day-to-day ride so it's good to hear that it rides well on pavement. It'll probably ride even smoother and quieter without the Sasquatch package (which I did not get). I'm getting more excited by the day :)

OP
OP
jkburg

jkburg

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Congratulations on the chance to test drive. What was your impression of the acceleration and power of the 2.7L?
I was really impressed. Ton more than my Acura and felt no hesitation on the accelerator and no strain to get it up to 70 mph uphill to the on ramp. Couple of times I had to back off as it was a little quicker than I anticipated. Just takes time getting used to I imagine.

Hobgoblin

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 Touareg, ā€˜10 Jetta, ā€˜07 Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was really impressed. Ton more than my Acura and felt no hesitation on the accelerator and no strain to get it up to 70 mph uphill to the on ramp. Couple of times I had to back off as it was a little quicker than I anticipated. Just takes time getting used to I imagine.
I have ridden along at Supercel but it is a different story when you are driving. Ours had good pick up and it was a 2.3L.

Sponsored

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™ve been doing fly-bayā€™s on the big dealers hoping a mannequin will pop inā€¦. No luck up north so far

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

quieter than the Acura ? @jkburg

OP
OP
jkburg

jkburg

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
How were the cloth seats, I've seen a few impressions already but the more the merrier!
I believe it was grey/light grey with a pattern. They looked pretty decent, nothing good or bad, they were just what you'd expect out of a decent cloth seat. Felt pretty comfortable for my short ride as well.

omg_bbq

Black Diamond
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I believe it was grey/light grey with a pattern. They looked pretty decent, nothing good or bad, they were just what you'd expect out of a decent cloth seat. Felt pretty comfortable for my short ride as well.
Thanks! I'd have loved MGV or leather but I'm happy that the cloth seats seem to be above decent.
Sponsored