Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The ground clearance on the small tire Bronco models is in crossover territory, that's why. Some of the early reviews called out a lot of skid plate scraping on moderate trails.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Alan22

Alan22

Black Diamond
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2015 Mustang GT, 2018 Wrangler Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It is your money so do what you want. If you feel that 33s are better than 35 then why even create a thread about it?
Never said that. Didn't even remotely come across as me saying this. The obvious answers are for more ground clearance, it looks better, etc. I'm simply just trying to have a better understanding as to why people want 35in plus tires.

ProdigyJKU

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I choose the middle ground for mine. I ordered it with 32's, then had 34"x11"s installed 3 hours after I bought it. Didn't want to live with the "poor" handling, acceleration, cost, noise, and mpg of the SAS tires. Plus the 12in wide tires are a tad to wide to make it through local unlimited carwash.

Happy with my choice, looks almost as aggressive as SAS, yet much better suited for daily driving, especially in the rain and snow.

I don't think a lot of the "cool soccer mom" types realize what they are getting into with the more aggressive oversize tires, especially the mud tirrs that come on the Rubicon and Willy's Wranglers. Those who don't wheel will probably get tired of the noise and rough ride real quick.

Not trying to offend anyone, SAS definitely has it's purpose, but I believe the majority just wants it because it looks cooler.

OP
OP
Alan22

Alan22

Black Diamond
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The ground clearance on the small tire Bronco models is in crossover territory, that's why. Some of the early reviews called out a lot of skid plate scraping on moderate trails.
Thats a fair statement and I appreciate the comment

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why do think the suspension is beefy enough to handle 33s and not 34.4s?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Alan22

Alan22

Black Diamond
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I choose the middle ground for mine. I ordered it with 32's, then had 34"x11"s installed 3 hours after I bought it. Didn't want to live with the "poor" handling, acceleration, cost, noise, and mpg of the SAS tires. Plus the 12in wide tires are a tad to wide to make it through local unlimited carwash.

Happy with my choice, looks almost as aggressive as SAS, yet much better suited for daily driving, especially in the rain and snow.

I don't think a lot of the "cool soccer mom" types realize what they are getting into with the more aggressive oversize tires, especially the mud tirrs that come on the Rubicon and Willy's Wranglers. Those who don't wheel will probably get tired of the noise and rough ride real quick.

Not trying to offend anyone, SAS definitely has it's purpose, but I believe the majority just wants it because it looks cooler.
You said it way better than I did, but thank you for the honest comment

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Have you ever ridden mountain bikes? No one rides on 27 wheels/tires anymore. Everyone is on 29 now because bigger tires just rolls over everything. And 35s just give you better clearance. Yes articulation is better on 33s but gets you no where when you don’t have enough ground clearance to articulate your suspension

Never said that. Didn't even remotely come across as me saying this. The obvious answers are for more ground clearance, it looks better, etc. I'm simply just trying to have a better understanding as to why people want 35in plus tires.

OP
OP
Alan22

Alan22

Black Diamond
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why do think the suspension is beefy enough to handle 33s and not 34.4s?
Unless you're willing to upgrade alot going past 315/70/17 is bad for daily driving. More rotating mass puts more strain on wheel bearings, which in turn puts more strain on CV axles, which in turn starts wearing out blah blah blah. It's literally a post about with me asking why people want to do it.

Dave-O

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150/Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I will agree that the Bronco is capable at keeping up with a Wrangler, I have both. I'm literally just asking for honest opinions as to why people are deciding on going bigger than most people actually need too.
I’m just pointing out that people are irrational at times . Things don’t have to make sense. I’m opting for the Sasquatch package….pure pavement princess that might see the beach or paths that a Subaru could tackle.

ProdigyJKU

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You said it way better than I did, but thank you for the honest comment
Thanks, went with the BD as well. But couldn't get the mid package because I wanted the 7sp. Makes no sense to me since you can get the 7sp with MID on BB and BL.

Ford Bronco Just wanting to know, why 35+ tire size's 20211025_132740

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Alan22

Alan22

Black Diamond
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Have you ever ridden mountain bikes? No one rides on 27 wheels/tires anymore. Everyone is on 29 now because bigger tires just rolls over everything. And 35s just give you better clearance. Yes articulation is better on 33s but gets you no where when you don’t have enough ground clearance to articulate your suspension
mountain bikes are a far cry from off-roading a vehicle, but that's a different subject. I again am not saying a 35 is a terrible choice, I'm just wondering why most people are going with them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Alan22

Alan22

Black Diamond
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m just pointing out that people are irrational at times . Things don’t have to make sense. I’m opting for the Sasquatch package….pure pavement princess that might see the beach or paths that a Subaru could tackle.
as long as you're happy you do you

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
mountain bikes are a far cry from off-roading a vehicle, but that's a different subject. I again am not saying a 35 is a terrible choice, I'm just why most people are going with them.
Wow that really went that far over your head?

ThrvinBronco

First Edition
First Name
JASON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco , 2019 f250, 2014 f350
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

As the topic says, I'm simply trying to understand the want (or for that matter the need) of 35's or bigger. Not trying to get into people's feelers here in the slightest, aside from looks IMO unless you're running at least 4 inches of lift, you lose articulation. There in again this is my opinion. Until beefer components for all suspension components, I'm personally going to run 33's.
have you not seen the size of the curbs at the mall?
Sponsored