First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Bronco Just wrapped up an extended test drive. 95e67b35ad67aa897fb2a362383eb56b
Sponsored

brian_ssm

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150, Pontiac Trans Am
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So for all of you thinking you can live your bronco dreams by getting one of these instead of the Yukon or Expedition for the wife, she will not be happy.
You sir need a new wife. Mine loves our Bronco.

OP
OP

Heath Aggen

Wildtrak
First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GMC , 2004 Jeep, 1982 Jeep, 2021 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You sir need a new wife. Mine loves our Bronco.
Naa, my wife is great, loves to hike, camp and tolerates my random acts of jeep buying. She's just used to me spoiling her. Her current driver is awesome.
Ford Bronco Just wrapped up an extended test drive. 20210525_123240

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion …..however they are not entitled to other people’s wives opinions.

My wife didn’t want a Bronco. She wanted an Explorer or an Aviator. And she certainly didn’t want a soft top.

I bought an abandoned order BB, mid package, sig lights, soft top in Cactus Gray. I replaced the tires with 33” Toyo’s and they ride nice. She loves the Bronco. I kept my 2dr BL, MIC top, Lux, Towing, 2.7L, Sas, reservation and the plan was to trade the BB in when the BL arrives next year.

There might be a new plan. She loves the 4dr BB and wants to keep it as her DD and buy both Broncos. She loves the vehicle, and would prefer a MIC top but doesn’t mind the soft top at all and it is much quieter than either of us expected.

I can’t comment on the Goodyear tires, but everyone needs to do their due diligence, and certainly don’t take mine or anyone else’s word……including the OP.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BSheppard

Badlands
First Name
Ballard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, GT350, 991, Rubicon, Viper, Nissan Z32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I, too, finally encountered a dealer with a Bronco in their inventory who offered me a test drive, bonus was he said he didn't need to go with me. White Outer Banks with the 2.3, auto, no aux switches, navy pier leather :sick:8 inch screen, steel bumpers front and rear. I managed to set off the forward collision assist and I ducked into a mall parking lot and drove over a concrete median and some parking bumpers. The body control is impressive... I figured out how to pair my cellular phone and the radio, while rudimentary in sound, was fine for what I generally listen to. Someone left the GOAT mode in eco, didn't figure that out until I was about to return it, put it in sport mode and woah, there it is... I also noodled in manual shift, and even in drive, it was letting me up and down shift, so there's that. All in all I was reinvigorated in my Badlands order.
Was this Iron City Ford?

BroBronco

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have a close to me dealer that has a very nice mannequin and they actually encourage long test drives. So with that said I got to drive a Race Red Wild Trak, 4 door, 2.7 and Squach of course, Lux with leather and a soft top. Overall, its okay. To here the YouTube folks and other reviews you would think its a smooth riding machine with quietest soft top ever invented, well thats a no. It is an off road machine and is not pretending to be a luxury SUV.
So for all of you thinking you can live your bronco dreams by getting one of these instead of the Yukon or Expedition for the wife, she will not be happy.
Overall nice but the Goodyear tires are miserable, loud and grossly out of balance at 3500 miles, very similar to my Goodyear tires on my 2022 Sierra HD. At 10000 miles had to have two replaced because they would not balance. The center controls are not easy for me to work, toggle switches for fan speed is not cool. Soft top is a soft top, not bad, but it is what it is.
I have ordered one and figure its better to ask for forgiveness than permission, wish me luck.
Ford Bronco Just wrapped up an extended test drive. 20210525_123240
These reviews are much appreciated. Thanks for sharing. The bronco will grow on you guys (wife) and yes just ask her for forgiveness after you buy it lol.

You guys should try a diff powertrain and color configuration. We have the I4 47 axle MT. Its great!! Red and white exterior cool, but area 51 blue and inconic silver colors both look awesome in person.

The light gray with blue interior or badlands interior are great. Also notice the tiny digital camo on vinyl seats and arm rests. Rad. Ditch the leather upgrade. The standard vnyl seats def go way better with the theme and feel of the vehicle.

The steering wheel is pretty small too with awesome turn radious, my wife loves it.

So that red wild had 3500 miles on it and dealer letting folks take it overnight?? Petty sweet. I would like to know how much they were charging for it considering its a used demo vehicle? Oh and if I am wrong on the miles, my apologies.

There is a chance the rear of the soft top wasn't closed or pushed down all the way during your test drive causing the top to make more noise than normal and sag more in the back. Happened to us. After we fixed the interior in about 2 seconds, it was much quieter inside the bronco with soft top.

Did you drive on highway at speed or just around town?

Agreed on goodyear's. They look good, but weren't for me. Make it your own.

I'm opposite from you on toggle fan switch and center controls in bronci. I love how simple and few buttons there are in the bronco. Its probably my fav thing interior wise. So many cars now have too many features or buttons, most never used. Plus all buttons etc. have a waterproof membrane around them in case it rains with top down or gets wet for any other reason inside the bronco. Oh and the steering wheel controls feel good bc of the waterproof membrane as well. *Soft. To the touch. Dont blast the nav screen with a hose or anything lol but if it gets wet no big deal, cool.

I also want to add that when my wife and I first saw our bronco following much search but still nothing like what dirt mtn owners are going through..we had to have it. We knew we would be sacrificing some of out Limited model 4x4 4Runner features (not many, but ventilated seats are nice in the hot desert). There were other things though that we wont miss with our 4Runner like the massive Toyota fuel pump recall!

We also considered other vehicles like the new Tahoe Z71 but there were a lot of bad reviews about it online with tons of used 2021 models already out there for sale. The AT4 Yukon nicer but more expensive and didnt like the interior. Plus Everyone has one and its just like every other car. We wanted something cool, new, tough, and different. So we chose our BL Bronco!!

Good Luck!!

OP
OP

Heath Aggen

Wildtrak
First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

These reviews are much appreciated. Thanks for sharing. The bronco will grow on you guys (wife) and yes just ask her for forgiveness after you buy it lol.

You guys should try a diff powertrain and color configuration. We have the I4 47 axle MT. Its great!! Red and white exterior cool, but area 51 blue and inconic silver colors both look awesome in person.

The light gray with blue interior or badlands interior are great. Also notice the tiny digital camo on vinyl seats and arm rests. Rad. Ditch the leather upgrade. The standard vnyl seats def go way better with the theme and feel of the vehicle.

The steering wheel is pretty small too with awesome turn radious, my wife loves it.

So that red wild had 3500 miles on it and dealer letting folks take it overnight?? Petty sweet. I would like to know how much they were charging for it considering its a used demo vehicle? Oh and if I am wrong on the miles, my apologies.

There is a chance the rear of the soft top wasn't closed or pushed down all the way during your test drive causing the top to make more noise than normal and sag more in the back. Happened to us. After we fixed the interior in about 2 seconds, it was much quieter inside the bronco with soft top.

Did you drive on highway at speed or just around town?

Agreed on goodyear's. They look good, but weren't for me. Make it your own.

I'm opposite from you on toggle fan switch and center controls in bronci. I love how simple and few buttons there are in the bronco. Its probably my fav thing interior wise. So many cars now have too many features or buttons, most never used. Plus all buttons etc. have a waterproof membrane around them in case it rains with top down or gets wet for any other reason inside the bronco. Oh and the steering wheel controls feel good bc of the waterproof membrane as well. *Soft. To the touch. Dont blast the nav screen with a hose or anything lol but if it gets wet no big deal, cool.

I also want to add that when my wife and I first saw our bronco following much search but still nothing like what dirt mtn owners are going through..we had to have it. We knew we would be sacrificing some of out Limited model 4x4 4Runner features (not many, but ventilated seats are nice in the hot desert). There were other things though that we wont miss with our 4Runner like the massive Toyota fuel pump recall!

We also considered other vehicles like the new Tahoe Z71 but there were a lot of bad reviews about it online with tons of used 2021 models already out there for sale. The AT4 Yukon nicer but more expensive and didnt like the interior. Plus Everyone has one and its just like every other car. We wanted something cool, new, tough, and different. So we chose our BL Bronco!!

Good Luck!!
Thanks for this. I think folks are taking my thoughts as harsh, they are not. Overall its a great rig. I really enjoyed the ride other than the Goodyear tires, but recent issues on our truck are probably influencing that. As far as the fan switch, I have cerebral palsey that effects my right hand, so toggle switches and touch screens are difficult for me navigate, so that's really a personal issue for me. Most modern infotainment units and layouts are leaving me behind.

And just so everyone knows, I have a Wild Trak on order and I am excited about getting it. Unlike most new vehicles, this one at least has character.

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
I thought it was quite smooth and the tires didn't seem loud, barely noticeable really. Hmm. To each their own. But yeah you seem like you don't like it at all. Why get it?

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

“ do what you need to do”. I.E.you kinda have “permission“ but do you really.....?
Nah my wife doesn't use "do whatever you want" as bait. She honestly means it.

Sponsored

OvrLnd99

Wildtrak
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2022 BMW Z4 M40i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Man you guys that get to test drive the dealer mannequins are so lucky. My local dealership wont let anyone even in their Bronco, much less test drive it. They told me and a couple of other peeps "due to insurance reasons, we cant let anyone in it". When they told me that I asked what the purpose was of having it - they couldn't provide an answer.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Heath Aggen

Wildtrak
First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I thought it was quite smooth and the tires didn't seem loud, barely noticeable really. Hmm. To each their own. But yeah you seem like you don't like it at all. Why get it?
I never said I did not like it, its really just the tires. If y
Man you guys that get to test drive the dealer mannequins are so lucky. Pollard Ford in Lubbock TX (where I live) wont let anyone even in their Bronco, much less test drive it. They told me and a couple of other peeps "due to insurance reasons, we cant let anyone in it". When they told me that I asked what the purpose was of having it - they couldn't provide an answer.
I lived in Lubbock back in the late 80s early 90s and my oldest daughter lives there now, man has it changed.
We have few like that here, it sits in their showroom. From what I was told, they can sell it at 6 months or 6000 miles, which ever comes first. The one I drove is already spoken for, so I bet the buyer is wanting it to get to 6k miles asap