Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RangeRoverSport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

These look great! I'm thrilled you shared what "Autumn" looks like.

I'm going light brown something vs. the Area 51 paintjob, and I think it's going to look incredible... just haven't figured out which exact color I'm going to pick. Your photos put Autumn dead straight in the running when it wasn't even on the radar before.
Please update us. I am getting Area51 so I’m interested. Also can they do the Bronco emblem?

negativezero

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Please update us. I am getting Area51 so I’m interested. Also can they do the Bronco emblem?
Will do! I'm in production for 6/28 blend, and I'll probably avoid making any decisions until I have everything at home. Maybe including a variety of swatches of competing Katzkin colors.

What I've done right now is try to assess what the Area51 color really boils down to, find its complementary color, then find what that best corresponds to.

I've looked at a big pile of images and eye-dropped a few color profiles of what I think A51 looks like. Then I took the colors from the Katzkin website. Then I sampled the color from OP's photos on page 1, then I did the same after color-correcting for the phone camera missing on the white balance.

Here's where I am with the prelim color analysis.

Ford Bronco Katzkin Install Results - MGV Upgrade to Leather Seat Covers (Autumn color) AjabKLX

Judging from the times I've seen A51 in person, I think my eyes see it being closest to "Sunlight 2".
That makes the complementary color D09367.
Color-correcting tomtouchdowns' photos of Autumn is looking like an extremely close match to what complementary theory suggests.

Note that this all changes depending on lighting, climate, and to some degree atmosphere. I'm in TX, so I'm prioritizing for how it'll look in direct summer sunlight. A51 in Seattle is going to look more like "Factory Light" most of the calendar year, if not even less saturated than that. That may make Katzkin Tan the ideal match in Seattle.

PiggyPop

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How did you get them to install the logos they wouldn’t put them on mine due to copyright issues

Sponsored

PiggyPop

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Bronco Katzkin Install Results - MGV Upgrade to Leather Seat Covers (Autumn color) 7640FC93-9D7B-47F3-8B38-7D1A331D6EB4
I went with black and added tan stitching and “1966” on the headrests

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m on the fence for these for mine. Not gonna get leather. Would just the vinyl with heat and cool. I don’t believe the leather will hold up that long with the sun on it. But the logo thing is holding me up. They said I could design my own and they could digitize it for the seats but if I can’t get the actual Bronco logo. I’m not getting them. May do a badder lands edition. But then the switches piss me off too. Would put them under the window switches but they don’t match anything then I have 2 dead buttons on the dash still. Seems like a great concept but they don’t have it dialed in yet, not on my ocd level at least. Will probably end up going with the local boat interior guy to redo the stitching to red or redo the seat like the pic. Least I’ll get my damn logo back and have my seats how I want them.
Ford Bronco Katzkin Install Results - MGV Upgrade to Leather Seat Covers (Autumn color) 57D47B31-6541-496B-980D-0EE3F248B18D

Tteape0

Outer Banks
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 4 Dr
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I found a vendor on Etsy selling the patches (on hats, actually) and messaged them directly and they agreed to sell me the patches as a separate item! 👍
Can you link the seller who did the patch? I’m doing Velocity Blue Katskiz seats with brown trim and the patch would be perfect.

bronco2drga

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just over $3000 once all the labor costs are added in. Without heated/cooled seats you could easily do a similar build for closer to $1500.
I may have to look into this. Not bad at all.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks great. I really wanted the capability of the Black Diamond, but I was NOT going to put up with MGV seats here in the Valley of the Sun.

So... these have AC built into the seats???

Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Looks fantastic. I desperately wish FEs had gotten a nice brown interior option. Hard to stomach the cost when I've already got leather and heat.

Does anyone know - if you have factory heat can you retain that, continue to use the factory button for heat, but still add cooling?

clewcrew

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base and 2017 Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Base
These look great! I'm thrilled you shared what "Autumn" looks like.

I'm going light brown something vs. the Area 51 paintjob, and I think it's going to look incredible... just haven't figured out which exact color I'm going to pick. Your photos put Autumn dead straight in the running when it wasn't even on the radar before.
How did you get the Bronco Patches on the covers? Was this the way they were ordered? Or, did you buy them separately and have them sewn in?

negativezero

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
How did you get the Bronco Patches on the covers? Was this the way they were ordered? Or, did you buy them separately and have them sewn in?
The OP described how that happened on page 2 (if you were just skimming and missed it). He messaged a guy on Etsy who was selling those leatherettes on ballcaps and bought the patches separately, then had the upholstery installers stitch them on during installation. Chose the Katzkin color that best matched the patches.

YMMV on whether that may work for you - some installers won't put trademarked logos on aftermarket upgrade work like this.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Weird I’m literally swapping the bronco I purchased in February with ADM for the exact same bronco minus the seats that I reserved early specifically because my current bronco has leather and I want the MGV lol. We should have just swapped seats.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did I understand the one post that Katzkins can put in a cooled seat if you don't have them? My Badlands will have the leather heated, but cooled was not an option. Thanks.
Sponsored