Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was a early March build and my MGV interior doesn't have the cup holders so I guess we MGV folk just got the short end of the stick. Though I suppose we're not missing much because the cupholders are not all that great.

That statement in the first post got me excited about the possibility of rear cupholders with my 'may never be built' Badlands, even went to Ford.com and saw that it was shown on the cloth and MGV seats on the B&P even though they didn't show this option before.

Cloth
Ford Bronco Katzkin Leather Covers w/ Cooled & Heated Seats install cloth2

MGV
Ford Bronco Katzkin Leather Covers w/ Cooled & Heated Seats install MGV

Can anyone confirm that new builds are getting or not getting rear cupholders for cloth and MGV? Yes, its sounds stupid, but I have a kid and this is a big deal!

VVSidewinderVv

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That statement in the first post got me excited about the possibility of rear cupholders with my 'may never be built' Badlands, even went to Ford.com and saw that it was shown on the cloth and MGV seats on the B&P even though they didn't show this option before.

Cloth

MGV

Can anyone confirm that new builds are getting or not getting rear cupholders for cloth and MGV? Yes, its sounds stupid, but I have a kid and this is a big deal!
So even if yours doesn't come with cup holders you can still hang a cup holder off the molle panel on the back of the seat. If not that then IAG is coming out with a cupholder that mounts to the back of the center console.

Skott

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Cloth

MGV

I have a March 2022 build, WildTrak. Here's my cloth backseat:

Ford Bronco Katzkin Leather Covers w/ Cooled & Heated Seats install IMG_7680
Ford Bronco Katzkin Leather Covers w/ Cooled & Heated Seats install IMG_7682

Sponsored

Jeverall

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for posting.. I am going through the same now... looking at OBX due to painted body fenders etc.... but due to limited inventory, might have to get one with cloth and upgrade to leather ... was curious in price & quality

Rodgey123

Base
First Name
Darian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M235I
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looking good buddy.

Which "wings" color did you choose, and how closely does it match the desert tan in your base?

I'm trying to match with my WT, and go with a coffee colored primary color.

Some high res photos of your install would be appreciated.

Thanks.
My wings are frost which matches the cactus gray (gray/green color). I don't think it would match up with desert tan. I would consider waiting till you receive your bronco and then go to a Katzkin dealer and match up the color.

Skott

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My wings are frost which matches the cactus gray (gray/green color). I don't think it would match up with desert tan. I would consider waiting till you receive your bronco and then go to a Katzkin dealer and match up the color.
Thanks. I have my Bronco already, and don't see a Katzkin dealer near me. I will likely request some leather swathes from them to see how closely I can match my desert tan.

Burtz

Badlands
First Name
Burt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cayenne diesel and 911S cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm deliberating Katzskins for the cooled functionality. Have it on my other cars and when you get in a hot car that has been sitting in the sun it makes this Summer Texas heat a little more bearable. Bummed to learn that the factory heated pads and buttons on the dash are not longer used in the Katzskin set up. The alternative to Katzskin is the old sheepskin seat covers. They aren't pretty but they are much, much less expensive and they afford a coolish surface in the Summer and warmth in the winter. And you can take them off when you want. Anyone else considering the same? Presently I have factory vinyl.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Akins/Willies charged $200 for the install
That's a deal there. Looks fantastic and I bet it feels even better.

For the poors of the group, I found my beaded seat cover and the right driver vent pointed at the nethers works almost as well as AC seats. 😁

Last edited:

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Came out really good. To bad they didn't install the switches in a better location, i get it, they don't want to run wires and make the job take longer than it already is, so it's quik and easy to just slap them on the side plastic of the seat. Either way, much much better than the fabric!

Last edited:

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Friends - For those considering aftermarket leather seating, I wanted to share my build. I picked up my Bronco OBX last week and am thrilled with how the leather seating turned out. I took delivery from Akins Ford, the largest Ford truck dealer in Georgia and the second most truck sales by volume in the south east. Akins has an in house custom shop called Wild Willies. If you've seen the popular Town & Country vids on youtube, its a very similar setup. Akins/Willies ordered my Katzkin kit in dark black leather and had it installed for me prior to pickup. My main reason for going this route was due to my preference for the painted trim pieces on the OBX exterior, but I was very frustrated by the lack of a full black interior option on this model. I really wanted a full black on black setup. It's a tough choice to go with aftermarket leather because you lose the option for power seats (and on my model the rear folding center arm rest/cup holder, but it appears Ford has opted since February to put the rear folding arm rest/cup holder with the cloth interior option (fml)). I ultimately decided to go with the navy/black stock cloth interior due to it having the darker dash. Luckily the kit comes with not only seating covers, but also includes covers for the colored (blue in my case) center and door arm rests. This leaves only the dash and inlaid door inserts as the color contrast pieces. However, these are actually a much darker blue than in the Ford.com build page or my pictures indicate. The dash is almost black in color and the door inserts are a very dark blue and don't clash with the black leather.

The kit options were $2,200 for just a leather kit or $3,200 for included cooled/heated seats. Akins/Willies charged $200 for the install for $3,400 total. The seats feel great to the touch, it's thick high grade leather, and perforated for for the cooling/heating functions. The controls were installed on the side of the seat, three levels for each cooling and heating. The cooling is amazing, and reminds me of my dad's F-150 that had that option from the factory. And maybe Ford will include this as a factory option on the Bronco down the road, but for now this is the only option I'm aware of.

Anyway, on to some pictures... The leather is a darker black than the pictures indicate. I highly recommend if you're looking for something other than the factory Ford interior options or cooled seats.

Please let us know if the cooled seats make a big difference on a hot day. I was going to have it installed but the shop told me that it really is just a fan blowing air from inside the car (behind or under the seat) so it really doesn't do much vs the cost. I thought it somehow connected to the AC vent but he said no it just blows the current air from inside the vehicle. I ended up selling my Katzkin kit and kept cloth for now but might do leather if the cooled seats make a huge difference.

Village Idiot

Badlands
First Name
Carey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am hopeful someone creates a doohickey that connects the rear air vents under the seats of a 2 door to the seat so it pulls in cool air.

OP
OP
Roofus

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

great post on the seats. Just one clarification: March 4door build with vinyl here - no rear armrest/cup holders.
Thanks! Yep, someone mentioned I may have gotten faked news'd on the seats and Ford.com pics of the cloth seats with cup holders are not accurate. Maybe it's something they plan to do and went ahead and changed the pics, but they have to get through existing parts stock before people start seeing them in their builds?
Sponsored